I'm Convinced - It's Socialism.

I'm Convinced - It's Socialism.

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#1 May 15, 2013
OK, the Right Wing Wackos have convinced me.

Social Security and Medicare is Socialism.

Right Wingers say socialism is always bad, so let's give the Right Wingers what they claim to want, want they claim is necessary to "save" America, less socialism.

Please join me in supporting the destruction of Social Security and Medicare.

We'll ask every Anti-socialist Right Winger to come forward and place a post agreeing to end these obviously socialist programs immediately.

Let's see how many Right Wingers are actually anti-socialist, and how many are just hypocritical blowhards.

We'll await those posts :
opinion

Blairsville, GA

#2 May 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
OK, the Right Wing Wackos have convinced me.
Social Security and Medicare is Socialism.
Right Wingers say socialism is always bad, so let's give the Right Wingers what they claim to want, want they claim is necessary to "save" America, less socialism.
Please join me in supporting the destruction of Social Security and Medicare.
We'll ask every Anti-socialist Right Winger to come forward and place a post agreeing to end these obviously socialist programs immediately.
Let's see how many Right Wingers are actually anti-socialist, and how many are just hypocritical blowhards.
We'll await those posts :
The mindset is now one of total dependency on the state and a total lack of faith in freedom, family, charity, and free markets.
happy

Dawsonville, GA

#3 May 15, 2013
I'm sure that many would agree to that if they were given back all the money they were forced to pay in to these programs plus interest. I would much rather have back all the money I have paid in to social security and be able to invest it myself for my own retirement account. That way I or my kids will be more likely to have something for the future. A person could work hard until they are 70 and pay in hundreds of thousands of dollars to social security and if they die at the time they retire their estate will only get a one-time death benefit, which I think is less than $500. If they hadn't been forced to contribute that money to social security and instead saved and invested it on their own, their estate would probably have at least a thousand times that amount.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#4 May 15, 2013
happy wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...A person could work hard until they are 70 and pay in hundreds of thousands of dollars to social security and if they die at the time they retire their estate will only get a one-time death benefit, which I think is less than $500. If they hadn't been forced to contribute that money to social security and instead saved and invested it on their own, their estate would probably have at least a thousand times that amount.
Or a person could die at 40 leaving behind a wife and three children, their surviving family would receive benefits far in excess of thier totoal contributions with support for the children continuing even as they attend college. Ask Rep. Paul Ryan how that worked out for him.
Nanny State

Maysville, GA

#5 May 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
We'll ask every Anti-socialist Right Winger to come forward and place a post agreeing to end these obviously socialist programs immediately.
MediCare, MediCaid, and Social Security have eliminated the need for family, community, Church, God, marriage, and spouses.

Hooray!!! free at last!
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#6 May 15, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
MediCare, MediCaid, and Social Security have eliminated the need for family, community, Church, God, marriage, and spouses.
Hooray!!! free at last!
Yeah, just ask those who don't have family, spouse, church to turn to.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#7 May 15, 2013
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>The mindset is now one of total dependency on the state and a total lack of faith in freedom, family, charity, and free markets.
There has never been any such thing as an"free market", and never will be.

That similar to the claim that taxes stop people from investing - as if investors would prefer 0 return to a taxed return.

But anyway,

We'll put you down as wanting Social Security and Medicare immediately terminated.

Thanks for the response.

Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#8 May 15, 2013
happy wrote:
I'm sure that many would agree to that if they were given back all the money they were forced to pay in to these programs plus interest. I would much rather have back all the money I have paid in to social security and be able to invest it myself for my own retirement account. That way I or my kids will be more likely to have something for the future. A person could work hard until they are 70 and pay in hundreds of thousands of dollars to social security and if they die at the time they retire their estate will only get a one-time death benefit, which I think is less than $500. If they hadn't been forced to contribute that money to social security and instead saved and invested it on their own, their estate would probably have at least a thousand times that amount.
We'll put you down as someone who supports socialism as you want to continue Social Security and Medicare.

Don't feel bad - I do too.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#9 May 15, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Or a person could die at 40 leaving behind a wife and three children, their surviving family would receive benefits far in excess of thier totoal contributions with support for the children continuing even as they attend college. Ask Rep. Paul Ryan how that worked out for him.
Great post.

Ryan milked the system for all it worth.

Typical Right Wing Wacko hypocrite.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#10 May 15, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
<quoted text>MediCare, MediCaid, and Social Security have eliminated the need for family, community, Church, God, marriage, and spouses.

Hooray!!! free at last!
Sooooooo ?

Do want to eliminate Social Security and Medicare tomorrow or not ?
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#11 May 15, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, just ask those who don't have family, spouse, church to turn to.
Great post.

Worse,

what if don't have the resources for themselves and they turn to you.
happy

Dawsonville, GA

#12 May 16, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
Worse,
what if don't have the resources for themselves and they turn to you.
They already do turn to us (as in we the people) and we pay for it through taxes that are higher than they should be. I am all for taxpayer funded programs to help those who truly need it, but a healthy, able bodied person should not live the majority of their life at taxpayer expense because they are too lazy to work or would rather spend their money on drugs. I think that happens way too often. People need to take a little more personal responsibility and get rid of the entitlement attitude.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#13 May 16, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>They already do turn to us (as in we the people) and we pay for it through taxes that are higher than they should be. I am all for taxpayer funded programs to help those who truly need it, but a healthy, able bodied person should not live the majority of their life at taxpayer expense because they are too lazy to work or would rather spend their money on drugs. I think that happens way too often. People need to take a little more personal responsibility and get rid of the entitlement attitude.
We'll put you down for ending both programs immediately.

Thanks for the post.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#14 May 16, 2013
How surprising.

"Bored", "Aggie", and the Right Wing Wacko Gang haven't come forward to demand these "Socialist" programs should end - today.

Like we always said: When RWWs collect the checks - it ain't socialism
gamule

Kathleen, GA

#16 May 18, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
<quoted text>
MediCare, MediCaid, and Social Security have eliminated the need for family, community, Church, God, marriage, and spouses.
Hooray!!! free at last!
no the abuse of the program did all of those things that you mentioned
Nanny State

Waleska, GA

#18 May 18, 2013
Hold on, I'm thinkin. Do I get to keep my free cell phone. And I like the free erectile dysfunction Rx Ga Medicaid pays for, since my wife put on a few pounds from all those good meals the State bought, I kinda need it. But she's getting down to fightn weight, Medicaid covers her Curves membership. And do I have to go back to work? Ain't that unconstitutional, most people don't work or pay taxes. My attorney doesn't like me getting discriminated against.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#19 May 18, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
Hold on, I'm thinkin. Do I get to keep my free cell phone. And I like the free erectile dysfunction Rx Ga Medicaid pays for, since my wife put on a few pounds from all those good meals the State bought, I kinda need it. But she's getting down to fightn weight, Medicaid covers her Curves membership. And do I have to go back to work? Ain't that unconstitutional, most people don't work or pay taxes. My attorney doesn't like me getting discriminated against.

It's kinda hard living off the other fella and having to keep up with all those programs ain't it.



Informed Opinion

Marco Island, FL

#20 May 18, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
Hold on, I'm thinkin. Do I get to keep my free cell phone. And I like the free erectile dysfunction Rx Ga Medicaid pays for, since my wife put on a few pounds from all those good meals the State bought, I kinda need it. But she's getting down to fightn weight, Medicaid covers her Curves membership. And do I have to go back to work? Ain't that unconstitutional, most people don't work or pay taxes. My attorney doesn't like me getting discriminated against.
If you get to keep your socialist security, Medicare, and Medicare Part D drugs, even though you'll cost the rest of us a fortune, somebody else gets to keep something you disagree with.

We can't spend $1.6 Million Dollars keeping your 92 year old Momma alive who's been collecting social security and Medicare for the last 45 years, and complain some baby in Atlanta gets medicine that keeps him from dying of infections.

Gotta decide - you a socialist or not ?

Informed Opinion

Marco Island, FL

#21 May 18, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>It's kinda hard living off the other fella and having to keep up with all those programs ain't it.
Hey, Bored, welcome.

You gonna vote to give up that socialist security check we send you every month, that Medicare we give you, and those drugs Medicare Part D send you in the mail ?

Or you gonna stay a proud socialist Democrap ?

Informed Opinion

Marco Island, FL

#22 May 18, 2013
Nanny State wrote:
Hold on, I'm thinkin. Do I get to keep my free cell phone. And I like the free erectile dysfunction Rx Ga Medicaid pays for, since my wife put on a few pounds from all those good meals the State bought, I kinda need it. But she's getting down to fightn weight, Medicaid covers her Curves membership. And do I have to go back to work? Ain't that unconstitutional, most people don't work or pay taxes. My attorney doesn't like me getting discriminated against.
Don't forget you're gonna need that free Medicare Viagra when you get on Medicare - unless Curves does wonders for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 2 hr Jimbo 373
Cooks only shot 5 hr Trackrocker 8
BRMEMC Director Candidates 23 hr Curious is stupid 28
Full throttle Tue Apostle Paul 7
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Mon tellico 396
Where can I find a fresh meat market? Mon Hanging Meat 5
Hillary Clinton for President ! Aug 20 dgd748 83

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages