First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pecan

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Jun 22, 2013
So it is ok for rappers to use the "N" word and make racial slurs daily and they make millions, yet Paula Dean uses the "N" word 20 years ago and everyone goes crazy????? She apologizes for her error, yet Food network cancels her?? What kind of world do we live in?
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Jun 22, 2013
Oh, you know how the politically correct Nazis in this country are. Paula has zillions of fans and they're backing her. The Food Network sucks these days with all the reality shows and few good cooking shows.

Three cheers for Paula Deen! I love the woman.
Crazy stuff

Monroe, GA

#3 Jun 22, 2013
pecan wrote:
So it is ok for rappers to use the "N" word and make racial slurs daily and they make millions, yet Paula Dean uses the "N" word 20 years ago and everyone goes crazy????? She apologizes for her error, yet Food network cancels her?? What kind of world do we live in?
Yes, that entire thing is purely ridiculous. This world is going to h___ literally. To much attention is paid to the N word when a person had said it long ago and it draws so much attention and Paula is fired yet today's rappers and comedians use it all the time to make money and it's ok for them?? What is the difference? People need to move up to today's world, things are not the same as they were years and years ago. Just crazy stuff.
Georgia Idiots

Monroe, GA

#4 Jun 22, 2013
I hope Paula's fans do back her this is all just unbelievable. I cannot believe that this all is even happening. Time to put the past in the past and stop drawing so much attention to a single word. This is after all the year 2013.
Poor Paula

Blairsville, GA

#5 Jun 22, 2013
Why did the Food Network say they would not renew her contract?
Diet

Commerce, GA

#6 Jun 23, 2013
Poor Paula wrote:
Because she was a fat red neck that can't cook without a pound of butter
Georgia Idiots

Monroe, GA

#7 Jun 23, 2013
Poor Paula wrote:
Google it, it's all over the news..
Sassafrass Tea

Jefferson, GA

#8 Jun 23, 2013
I like Paula Deen and her restaurants. This won't scar her reputation. She cooks the Southern way with butter. She takes a separate spoon and taste tests her presentations. She has had many guest hosts which makes her show good watching. You don't have to use as much butter or you can skip it all together. Giada and Sandra Lee cook on tv, but never eat period. Food Network could use Paula's fans for the cupcake wars and some of the other amateur "chefs to be" are boring.
Diet

Commerce, GA

#9 Jun 23, 2013
Sassafrass Tea wrote:
I like Paula Deen and her restaurants. This won't scar her reputation. She cooks the Southern way with butter. She takes a separate spoon and taste tests her presentations. She has had many guest hosts which makes her show good watching. You don't have to use as much butter or you can skip it all together. Giada and Sandra Lee cook on tv, but never eat period. Food Network could use Paula's fans for the cupcake wars and some of the other amateur "chefs to be" are boring.
Who would you rather look at Paula or Giada
Sassafrass Tea

Jefferson, GA

#10 Jun 23, 2013
Both are pretty ladies. From a woman's perspective I admire both of their cooking abilities. I am not perfect and therefore cannot judge either the less or more.
Diet wrote:
<quoted text>
recipe

Waleska, GA

#11 Jun 23, 2013
Paula can cook much better, i'd pick her over any of the others any day.
Lakehouse owner

Roswell, GA

#12 Jun 24, 2013
Diet wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cooking show, not a beauty contest. I want whoever is most entertaining.
I also must admit that I use the "N" word "nasty" all the time. "Look at those nasty n-gg-'s"!
tic

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Jun 24, 2013
I watched a black comedian over the weekend that used the N word almost his entire show. The majority of his audience was black. None of them were offended, they roared in laughter. But Paula Deen uses the word 20 years ago and apologizes and the world is mad with her?? I didn't hear the comedian give an apology and he got a standing ovation!!
Georgia Idiots

Monroe, GA

#14 Jun 24, 2013
Just heard on the news that Smithfield dropped her as a spokesperson for their hams also.. It's going way to far.
union co res

Cleveland, GA

#15 Jun 24, 2013
tic wrote:
I watched a black comedian over the weekend that used the N word almost his entire show. The majority of his audience was black. None of them were offended, they roared in laughter. But Paula Deen uses the word 20 years ago and apologizes and the world is mad with her?? I didn't hear the comedian give an apology and he got a standing ovation!!
i used thr n- word 5 min's ago and i will not apologize.f the blacks.
Dud

Commerce, GA

#16 Jun 24, 2013
union co res wrote:
<quoted text>i used thr n- word 5 min's ago and i will not apologize.f the blacks.
You tell them computer courage at it's best or worst.
froggy

Ashburn, VA

#17 Jun 24, 2013
Maybe she'll choke on a stick of butter and shut up.
overit

Jefferson, GA

#18 Jun 26, 2013
Love her and support her 110%
UC Voter

Homer, GA

#20 Jun 26, 2013
She's being made an example of -- proponents of the PC agenda want to demonstrate what they can do to people who don't toe their line. She was chosen precisely for her publicity potential.
Liver tea

Powder Springs, GA

#21 Jun 26, 2013
I have been so upset with the media for creating such a firestorm and feeding frenzy for Paula Deen,for being honest enough to not lie in a deposition in her brother's legal matters.
That she said the "n"word 20 yrs. ago!
This is such a travesty and just points up the bigger problem we have in America now of reverse discrimation.
It seems blacks can say anything about whites,call us derogatory names and nobody gets fired or condemned,but Paula 's apology can't be accepted?
What's wrong with this picture? It's time to retire that word.

We need to find a way to all get along and respect each other.
"United we stand divided we fall"
Peace out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Sexual Harassment (Apr '15) 1 min Harley 146
Waste of Time with Mason 2 min Lovell 84
Poor Dr. David Gowder (Jul '15) 4 min Uct 107
Lamar & SPLOST (Sep '11) 36 min Cpa 119
Union Hospital New Scam! 4 hr renee 22
Lamar Pars/SPLOST/Revenue Bonds and lies he told (Sep '12) 4 hr jimbo 2 182
Rick Knox for Chief Judge of the magistrate Court 7 hr ELMORE 57
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 16 hr renee 144
u.c.b. Thu Advocate4Clean 22
More from around the web