Laws pertaining to GA Open Records Ac...
boodoodle

United States

#63 Jan 25, 2011
GA Peach Blairsville wrote:
Blairsville looked like a hick backwards town when I moved here - well, kinda -
GOTCHA .... when you MOVED here .... I thought you were a born and raised local UC girl like Slowpuke makes himself out to be when he was raised in Missouri .... you BOTH are move-ins just like me but neither of you can stand move-ins .... I guess you two can't stand yourselves .... oh, the hypocrisy of it all.
boodoodle

United States

#64 Jan 25, 2011
Celine wrote:
Boo have you got nc business straight so you have time to meddle in Ga. Your husband must be one poor soul.
Hi OhMy, how are you doing today ????? My husband has a rich soul, thank you, however we are not joined at the hip and we don't stay under each other 24/7/365 .... we're best friends and best friends give each other space.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#65 Jan 25, 2011
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi OhMy, how are you doing today ????? My husband has a rich soul, thank you, however we are not joined at the hip and we don't stay under each other 24/7/365 .... we're best friends and best friends give each other space.
You better puts on yore longhandles han boots fer its comin.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#66 Jan 25, 2011
boo - mean girl, today?
Take your horomones, it'll perk up your modd.
boodoodle

United States

#67 Jan 25, 2011
Not being mean .... just bringing out a fact that you're a move-in .... btw I don't take hormones.
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#68 Jan 25, 2011
GA Peach Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor, should she be allowed to make copies, take the documents from the office, or use the office copier.
A custodian of the documents, i.e., an office staff must make copies for her. Read the law.
I read what she wrote. I'm not allowed to use the copy machine, you aren't allowed to use the copy machine. Why should ACOG use the copy machine?- what part of this is so difficult to understand. It is off limits to the public.
Reb - you are sounding more ridiculous the more you write.
Isn't funny you can go ANYWHERE else and make copies on your own. Just not on "Lamars"

Now I have not wanted to say anything about this because I like the person in the courthouse and her children are very well behaved. And I am glad they are allowed to be there and not in daycare.. Let me go on record to say that before I say ....

These children come in after school stay in LAMARS office Use the COUNTY Computer and I am thrown OUT. I am not allowed to use the copier! I am only able to be in there for a short amount of time. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????
Truth hurts sometimes

Atlanta, GA

#69 Jan 25, 2011
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't funny you can go ANYWHERE else and make copies on your own. Just not on "Lamars"
Now I have not wanted to say anything about this because I like the person in the courthouse and her children are very well behaved. And I am glad they are allowed to be there and not in daycare.. Let me go on record to say that before I say ....
These children come in after school stay in LAMARS office Use the COUNTY Computer and I am thrown OUT. I am not allowed to use the copier! I am only able to be in there for a short amount of time. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????
This is terrible, you mean they let this ladies kids com into the court house. This is shameful. You are the most pathetic person in Union County. And that fool in Dawson County is right up there with you.
Just Asking Questions

Cleveland, GA

#70 Jan 25, 2011
Truth hurts sometimes wrote:
<quoted text>
This is terrible, you mean they let this ladies kids com into the court house. This is shameful. You are the most pathetic person in Union County. And that fool in Dawson County is right up there with you.
Did you miss ACOG's point? Did ACOG point out the double standard was the problem she had? Just asking questions (except this last sentence, it was a declarative).
Reb

Jefferson, GA

#71 Jan 25, 2011
<quoted text>
You can't twist that into anything. She wasn't complaining about the kids running around the offie. Her camplaint is that he limits her time and what she can do. I hope this turns out to be against the law and they nail his azz to the wall.
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#72 Jan 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Again Let me make my point here one more time: I HAVE NO COMPLAINT WITH THEM BEING IN THE OFFICE or ON THE COUNTY COMPUTER. I like this person and they are good well behaved children. I am GLAD they are there and NOT in daycare.

I'm just saying I should not be thrown out of the TAXPAYERS OFFICE when I have the RIGHT to look at all the County records. Lamar is just having a fit because I am letting the Taxpayers know what is really going on. Why do you think everyone in this County is afraid to speak up. Look what Lamar is trying to do to me and my friends. We are Not afraid of him. We don't have a business here so Lamar open the books.
Total Recall

Richlands, VA

#73 Jan 25, 2011
i have a complaint.there you all are worrying about open records when you ought to be worried about closin the door on those mexicans before they steal our jobs
gamule

Hoschton, GA

#74 Jan 26, 2011
Total Recall wrote:
i have a complaint.there you all are worrying about open records when you ought to be worried about closin the door on those mexicans before they steal our jobs
you dont seem to get it they are not stealing anything people are being payed more not to work by the walefare department so that opens the job up to the only workers left to do the job.
just came across

Blairsville, GA

#77 Jul 16, 2013
source: http://www.gapress.org/sunshine.html

1993, Clayton County Hospital Authority v. Webb. The Georgia Court of Appeals held that a non-profit organization that "leased" public hospital assets was subject to the Open Records Act.

2009, Goddard v. City of Albany. Georgia Supreme Court ruled that a city manager did not violate a municipal employee's right to privacy when he released her personnel documents pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act.
just came across

Blairsville, GA

#78 Jul 16, 2013

WHAT MEETINGS ARE OPEN?
The law applies to every state, county or municipal department, agency, board, bureau, commission or authority. It applies to every city, county or regional authority, including development and hospital authorities. These applications include any committee of its members created by any of the above authorities. It also applies to private entities that carry out the functions of a public agency, e.g. private companies which take over the operations of public hospitals. It applies to personnel board hearings (except for deliberations), Tax Equalization Boards, and to coroner's inquests. It also applies to any non-profit organization that receives at least a third of its funds from state or local tax revenues.
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

#79 Jul 16, 2013
just came across wrote:
WHAT MEETINGS ARE OPEN?
The law applies to every state, county or municipal department, agency, board, bureau, commission or authority. It applies to every city, county or regional authority, including development and hospital authorities. These applications include any committee of its members created by any of the above authorities. It also applies to private entities that carry out the functions of a public agency, e.g. private companies which take over the operations of public hospitals. It applies to personnel board hearings (except for deliberations), Tax Equalization Boards, and to coroner's inquests. It also applies to any non-profit organization that receives at least a third of its funds from state or local tax revenues.
This law could not pertain to Union County. It would mean that you would have to divulge money stolen, Money paid back, amt. of debt and revenue taken in. All underhanded deals which go on and just the truth about how the county is run. I am sure you can see and recognize why this could not pertain to Lamar Paris and Union County.

ACOG

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#80 Jul 16, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>This law could not pertain to Union County. It would mean that you would have to divulge money stolen, Money paid back, amt. of debt and revenue taken in. All underhanded deals which go on and just the truth about how the county is run. I am sure you can see and recognize why this could not pertain to Lamar Paris and Union County.
You are correct!!!!

On July 10, 2013 I asked in a open records request for a copy of all the documents given to the July 13 Grand Jury from your office excluding the 2011 audit.

LAMARS ANSWER: I consider the information that the county gives to the Grand Jury to be PROPRIETARY. If you would like a copy of that information you will need to contact the Grand Jury or possible the DA'S office.

What is required by the Grand Jury. O.C.G.A.36-1-7(a)
(a) The judges of the probate courts, county treasurers, clerks of the superior courts, and sheriffs of the various counties shall make a return, under oath, to the grand juries of their respective counties on the first day of each term of the superior court. The return shall set forth a just and true statement of the amount of money belonging to the county which was received by them and the source from which the money was received, along with their expenditures, accompanied by a copy of the most recent financial statement or annual audit of the financial affairs of the county offices subject to this Code section.

Since when has it been none of the tax payers business to know how much Lamar has been spending and how much has been coming in.

WHAT YOU DO NEED TO KNOW is that On July 9, 2013 I put in a ORR to find out how much Union County received from SPLOST 2.

Counties answer $16,776,046.28

By the 2011 County audit the County SPENT $18,147,995 on SPLOST 2 projects.

That's a difference of -$1,371,949 That's a negative people.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Use this website to find county SPLOST collection
https://etax.dor.ga.gov/ptd/dis/index.aspx

You can find the 2011 audit here for verification

https://ted.cviog.uga.edu/financial-documents ...
just came across

Blairsville, GA

#81 Jul 16, 2013
just came across wrote:
1993, Clayton County Hospital Authority v. Webb. The Georgia Court of Appeals held that a non-profit organization that "leased" public hospital assets was subject to the Open Records Act.
2009, Goddard v. City of Albany. Georgia Supreme Court ruled that a city manager did not violate a municipal employee's right to privacy when he released her personnel documents pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act.
What's the relationship between the hospital authority and Union General Hospital,Inc?

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#82 Jul 16, 2013
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct!!!!
On July 10, 2013 I asked in a open records request for a copy of all the documents given to the July 13 Grand Jury from your office excluding the 2011 audit.
LAMARS ANSWER: I consider the information that the county gives to the Grand Jury to be PROPRIETARY. If you would like a copy of that information you will need to contact the Grand Jury or possible the DA'S office.
What is required by the Grand Jury. O.C.G.A.36-1-7(a)
(a) The judges of the probate courts, county treasurers, clerks of the superior courts, and sheriffs of the various counties shall make a return, under oath, to the grand juries of their respective counties on the first day of each term of the superior court. The return shall set forth a just and true statement of the amount of money belonging to the county which was received by them and the source from which the money was received, along with their expenditures, accompanied by a copy of the most recent financial statement or annual audit of the financial affairs of the county offices subject to this Code section.
Since when has it been none of the tax payers business to know how much Lamar has been spending and how much has been coming in.
WHAT YOU DO NEED TO KNOW is that On July 9, 2013 I put in a ORR to find out how much Union County received from SPLOST 2.
Counties answer $16,776,046.28
By the 2011 County audit the County SPENT $18,147,995 on SPLOST 2 projects.
That's a difference of -$1,371,949 That's a negative people.
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!
Use this website to find county SPLOST collection
https://etax.dor.ga.gov/ptd/dis/index.aspx
You can find the 2011 audit here for verification
https://ted.cviog.uga.edu/financial-documents ...
Howdey thar Girley...Hows them starched pettycoats??
Informed Opinion

United States

#83 Jul 17, 2013
boodoodle wrote:
Not being mean .... just bringing out a fact that you're a move-in .... btw I don't take hormones.
Just asking -

What's a "move-in" ?
here

Maysville, GA

#84 Jul 17, 2013
Hits one of tham Flaridians like yoreself.
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just asking -
What's a "move-in" ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This can't be true. 3 hr Karma rocks 4
where did all the money go????? 4 hr EmcEmployees 11
Bear in Food City 9 hr Mavis in Blairsville 4
Cheaters (Jul '15) 10 hr Shiney 26
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 15 hr Ed Anger 376
Another pet peeve ..... (Aug '10) Thu JosePandy 95
Our towns food is terrible Thu MOD A RAT OR 53
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign Thu MOD A RAT OR 141
More from around the web

Personal Finance