Posted in the Blairs Forum

Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#1 Sep 3, 2013
???
Mike7571

Pasadena, CA

#2 Sep 4, 2013
Anyone who accepts Jesus as the messiah is a Christian. Protestant, Catholic or whatever.
Mark

Danville, VA

#3 Oct 7, 2013
Mike7571 wrote:
Anyone who accepts Jesus as the messiah is a Christian. Protestant, Catholic or whatever.
Faith does NOT come from hearing "Mike 7571" Nor the "Pope" No any "mere man" Notice the scripture...Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Where did this idea come from that we "accept" Jesus?
Who really does the "accepting/rejecting " according to scripture?

Ho 4:6 ¶ My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Jer 14:10 ¶ Thus saith the LORD unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander, they have not refrained their feet, therefore the LORD doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.

Ho 8:13 They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eat it; but the LORD accepteth them not; now will he remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.

Just as they rejected God's pattern for worship in the Old Testament and were NOT acceptable to Him so do the "Protestants" "Catholics" or "Whatevers" today and notice the scripture...

Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

You cannot "accept Jesus" and reject His plan...

Mt 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Catholicism, Protestantism, Whateverism etc. is NOT in God's will.

And if you're involved with them He will NOT accept you. Notice the scripture...

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

You cannot "accept Jesus" and hold to some man-made doctrine.
Rev John Cotton

Paducah, KY

#4 Dec 9, 2013
Mike7571 wrote:
Not according to the Puritans.

They believed in predestination. Whether or not a person accepts Jesus as the messiah is irrelevant. If you are predestined to go to Hell then that is where you will go, no matter what you do.
Little Debbie

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Dec 10, 2013
What's up with the plasma center why are them people so crude rude rude rude
Mark

Greensboro, NC

#6 Dec 12, 2013
Rev John Cotton wrote:
<quoted text>
They believed in predestination. Whether or not a person accepts Jesus as the messiah is irrelevant. If you are predestined to go to Hell then that is where you will go, no matter what you do.
Some are predestined to go to hell, especially when they disobey the plain teachings of Christ.

Mt 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

All these so-called "Rev's" have been predestined, but not to go to heaven.
Ex Tobacco Buyer

Paducah, KY

#7 Jan 11, 2014
Mike7571 wrote:
Not according to Calvinist doctrine, which is making a comeback among many Protestants, including the Southern Baptists.

Danville, VA

#8 Aug 28, 2015
Rev John Cotton wrote:
<quoted text>
Predestination doesn't work that way. Accepting and following God's word is still very relevant.

God is all knowing, yes? So he already knows if you will accept or reject him. If you accept and follow his word then your name is written in the Book of Life.

It doesn't take away free will, it doesn't negate the need for salvation. It simply means that an all knowing God already knows which way you choose to live.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#9 Aug 29, 2015
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Predestination doesn't work that way. Accepting and following God's word is still very relevant.

God is all knowing, yes? So he already knows if you will accept or reject him. If you accept and follow his word then your name is written in the Book of Life.

It doesn't take away free will, it doesn't negate the need for salvation. It simply means that an all knowing God already knows which way you choose to live.
Who is going to tell you how to follow his word?
true

El Dorado, AR

#10 Feb 10, 2016
Mike7571 wrote:
Amen
Mike Huckabee

Gladstone, VA

#11 Feb 14, 2016
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Spoken like a true Dumb dumb uneducated Arkansan
Terry McAuliffe

Beggs, OK

#12 Feb 14, 2016
Mike Huckabee wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Huckabee ran for President. Doubt he'd be waist ing his time on this white trash website.
typical

Tulsa, OK

#13 Feb 15, 2016
Mike Huckabee wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Huckabee a minister? I'd be careful making fun of him.
Bart Simpson

Lynchburg, VA

#14 Mar 4, 2016
Nobody is a good Christian like Hillary Clinton
Curious

United States

#15 Monday Jul 25
What is a Protestant ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 20 nco 1
Tea Party, Good or Evil (Aug '11) Jul '16 Marriage 22
make cannabis legal (Sep '13) Jul '16 Bart Connor 6
Anyone know Annie? (Sep '13) Jul '16 Seven 10
Is Cracker Barrel coming to Danville? (Mar '13) Jun '16 Bearded 7
Does anyone know.....Crystal Hardy os Shannon R... (Aug '10) Jun '16 Andy Rooney 11
Germy Slackin Jun '16 Jack Bayne 4

Blairs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairs Mortgages