Teen's fatal crash may be suicide

Teen's fatal crash may be suicide

There are 234 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 7, 2008, titled Teen's fatal crash may be suicide. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A two-car collision along Main Street in Blaine this week left a 16-year-old boy dead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

why

Minneapolis, MN

#153 Apr 3, 2008
blaine rezi dent wrote:
sorry this is unfortunate, but alot of witnesses that knew the family KNOW this was suicide, the family has admitted it, sorry for the denial zimm city girl. the boy was in trouble emotionally and it has been admitted, media doesn't lie
I wouldn't go as far as to say the media doesn't lie - they certainly stretch the truth. But I just can't seem them totally making something that never existed up. Why would they ever mention a note?
anthony

Portland, OR

#154 Apr 3, 2008
hey.. if possible at all.. keep the fighting between the family out of this. its kind of ridiculous that you guys are fighting about stupid stuff when theres way more important things going on. the lady in the accident is hurt and trying to recover.. greg is no longer with us. keep your personal stuff out of this. if you need to fight between the family.. have the decency to make a phone call instead of making each other and the family look bad. im sorry.. but none of this is about you at all. its about mourning gregs loss and praying that lisa is going to recover completely. thank you.
Ack Acka Dack

Atlantic Beach, FL

#155 Apr 3, 2008
anthony wrote:
hey.. if possible at all.. keep the fighting between the family out of this. its kind of ridiculous that you guys are fighting about stupid stuff when theres way more important things going on. the lady in the accident is hurt and trying to recover.. greg is no longer with us. keep your personal stuff out of this. if you need to fight between the family.. have the decency to make a phone call instead of making each other and the family look bad. im sorry.. but none of this is about you at all. its about mourning gregs loss and praying that lisa is going to recover completely. thank you.
I, for one, wasn't posting to "atack" the family. I simply want the truth. And if the truth is he caused the accident as a form of suicide then he should be criticized and condemned EXACTLY as if he did it with a gun or knife!! I suspect the alleged family members on here know this and will not necessarily share the whole truth, or live in denial.
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#156 Apr 3, 2008
have the authorities ruled out global warming?
posi

Saint Paul, MN

#157 Apr 3, 2008
Sounds like a mess of dysfunctional families trying to cover up -- probably have had generations of practice.

Hope Lisa has a good lawyer!!
auntie suzi

Minneapolis, MN

#158 Apr 4, 2008
auntie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but he's in prison!!!!
If U R Greg's "auntie" then what is your name?? Mine is Susan. Everyone involved in this ugly situation is suffering. Gregory is gone and the other woman is struggling with physical pain. How do U know about our family??? Please, everyone that is writing here, let us heal. Like his Mom said, I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone. This truly sucks!!!
auntie suzi

Minneapolis, MN

#159 Apr 4, 2008
posi wrote:
Sounds like a mess of dysfunctional families trying to cover up -- probably have had generations of practice.
Hope Lisa has a good lawyer!!
Why bring in a lawyer into a tragedy?? No we are not trying to cover anything up or messed up!!!
adsfdafda

Minneapolis, MN

#160 Apr 4, 2008
sorry but the person who said the stuf about a " dysfunctional families trying to cover up" that is bulll very sorry to say.. and who are you to say something like that any? do you have a heart? like fer real i think that that is thee most inconcerate thing to say at a time like this. we all have our pain and we all heal and deal with it differantly and if you are someone who knew him and was close to him that is bull that you would talk about his family like that he would never in a billion years talk about yours like that so why you would talk about his like that.for those of us that were close to greg feel the same pain as the family and it even hurts me to read what you just wrote i really can not even understand how is family would feel reading that... greg was an amazing boy with a great heart and great plans for what he wanted in life. i wil miss his smile and hugss that i loved to recieve every day.. i love you greg and miss you like crazyy. see you soon
adsfdafda

Minneapolis, MN

#161 Apr 4, 2008
Gregory scott spieker Like the narrator in "ambush"i had a huge life changing experince as a freshman in high school.first of all i had a good friend named Greg that made life seem so simple.One night driving home from vooleyball practice my older brother ryan had called me and told me that Gregory had been in a car accident and that Greg had not made it.For the next couple days my life seemed as if it was impossible.everything seemed wrong like laughing,smiling,even to cry. It was Greg that made me realize that tommorow is not a promise.also that you never know that when you say goodbye to them if that will be your last time you will do that.Always make those goodbyes the absolute best you can. Gregory may not be here now but when he has he taught me to keep a smile on and to always be myself not what people want me to be.Greg also taught me how to dance along with anthony, Greg has made a huge impact on my life i want to strife and push for everything that i want in life like he would have if he were still here today. Life is always changing also Life is short live and love your whole life.

this is something that i had written for gregory in one of my classes!
adsfdafda

Minneapolis, MN

#162 Apr 4, 2008
greg i love you!
the ppl that know you know that you did not do anything to harm others or your self i miss you! i understand that you are not coming home it has really hit my now i wish that it had not i want you to call me!
Orono

Redmond, WA

#163 Apr 4, 2008
adsfdafda wrote:
greg i love you!
the ppl that know you know that you did not do anything to harm others or your self i miss you! i understand that you are not coming home it has really hit my now i wish that it had not i want you to call me!
Ummm...hello! He can't call you. He's dead!

Please do us all a favor before posting on here. Check your grammar and spelling. You lose credibility when you show poor grammar and spelling.
lost charitie 30808

Deerwood, MN

#165 Apr 4, 2008
That was uncalled for! You are just trying to upset the family by saying that. Try to have a little compassion. Put yourself in their place. How would you feel if you were reading these posts and they were about someone you loved? Like your loved one's memory was being attacked is what I'd guess. I lost my cousin in the accident on March 8th on 494, she wasn't the driver, but people have said some of the most rude things I've ever heard about how she deserved to die. Why? Just to do nothing more than evoke a response from family members. TO GREGS FAMILY: Don't respond to any of the insensitive people, they don't deserve your time. Remember your loved one as he was and save yourself further grief, they honestly don't deserve a response from you.
Drellane wrote:
Is this the sucker who killed himself but hurt another person like a coward ?
questions still

Saint Paul, MN

#166 Apr 4, 2008
saw it wrote:
It's sad to think that Greg (might have) committed suicide in this manner. But this would clear her concence of thinking she had anything to do with the death of a 16 year old,
There are two sides to this story.
Agree.
I feel terrible for this family, but suicide doesn't mean he wasn't the sweetest, best guy in the world and suicide should in no way affect the family in a negative way. I, in no way want to reflect this comment negatively on the family...

but, to the survivor who is struggling to recoup, it would help her tremendously realize she in no way had anything to do with this accident. The only way that could be true would knowing Greg committed suicide.

I don't understand why the papers totally made up a huge lie, and there are kids saying he mentioned something to them. These are big questions.

I also don't understand how people can say for certain that he didn't take his own life, and then in the same posting say no one knows what happened.

Again, I really am sorry and I hope the family isn't reading any of these postings as they are not meant to be directed to them.
friend of zimm city

Zimmerman, MN

#167 Apr 6, 2008
Why don't you all just let this be and give it up!
It has been a month so MOVE on so this family can move on.
auntie suzi

Minneapolis, MN

#168 Apr 7, 2008
Drellane wrote:
Is this the sucker who killed himself but hurt another person like a coward ?
NO!!
deja vu

Cottage Grove, MN

#169 Apr 7, 2008
This could have been over, but now nearly three days after the last post, Friend of Zimm City posts a "give it up and let the family move on," and then "Auntie Suzi" comes back with a response to a post from three days earlier as well. If you're going to insist on the last word, family and friends, remember you're outnumbered. I think the public can keep this going for a long, long time.

If you'd quit posting, this forum falls toward the bottom of the Topix list and off the radar. But, if you continue to reply, it will stay near the top of the list.

I'm thinking either you're all slow, or you need something to continue to feed your collective persecution complex.
posi

Minneapolis, MN

#170 Apr 7, 2008
deja vu: If there is a vote -- I'm going with 'slow'
Suburban Mom

Cottage Grove, MN

#171 Apr 7, 2008
posi wrote:
deja vu: If there is a vote -- I'm going with 'slow'
That's two for slow.
your mama

Minneapolis, MN

#172 Apr 9, 2008
deja vu wrote:
This could have been over, but now nearly three days after the last post, Friend of Zimm City posts a "give it up and let the family move on," and then "Auntie Suzi" comes back with a response to a post from three days earlier as well. If you're going to insist on the last word, family and friends, remember you're outnumbered. I think the public can keep this going for a long, long time.
If you'd quit posting, this forum falls toward the bottom of the Topix list and off the radar. But, if you continue to reply, it will stay near the top of the list.
I'm thinking either you're all slow, or you need something to continue to feed your collective persecution complex.
u r dumb!!!!
Linda

Saint Paul, MN

#173 Apr 9, 2008
your mama wrote:
<quoted text>
u r dumb!!!!
Hey mama, think about it--you're the one who keeps this crap going.
Three for slow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) May 17 Daniel 73
News Looking for God? Try the 'burbs. (Feb '11) May 12 ikeepmymoneyforme 932
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Mar '16 nothankyou 119
IPM & Joe Cole (Apr '08) Mar '16 Infiniti QX56 SUV 77
Irrigation Outfitters - Tax fraud (Mar '08) Mar '16 county employee 16
News DNA Evidence Links Inmate To 2000 Rape (Feb '06) Feb '16 TOASTER 6
When is Blaine Johnsville Garage Sales??? (Apr '08) Jan '16 packerfan0822 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blaine Mortgages