Group raises opposition to geese killing

Group raises opposition to geese killing

There are 4 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from Feb 2, 2010, titled Group raises opposition to geese killing. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

An animal rights leader from Voorhees is taking a stand against Mount Laurel's plan to kill resident Canada geese at Laurel Acres Park on South Church Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

Barbara

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 7, 2010
The geese have a right to live there; unfortunately, we are over populated with people who reproduce and can't take care of their young properly.
robert guanagna-geesebu st

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2011
i have the only method that completely rids a targeted area of all geese i guarante my work!!!!
Dale

Burlington, NJ

#3 Mar 10, 2011
Barbara wrote:
The geese have a right to live there; unfortunately, we are over populated with people who reproduce and can't take care of their young properly.
The geese have the right to live there until their crap starts killing our families. Geese do carry diseases, including swimmerís itch, histoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, and giardia. These goose illnesses are spread by contact with goose poop, nest materials and dead geese.
When geese live in your pond, swimming pool or nearby lake, parasites that live on the geese will infest the water and climb aboard swimmers, giving them swimmerís itch. The parasite larvae crawl onto the skin and burrow under it, which leads to a very severe, itchy red rash. The itching will last for up to two weeks; each time a person gets swimmerís itch the symptoms become more severe.
Histoplasmosis is a fungus disease contracted through airborne spores in goose droppings. If geese have been on your lawn for a while, these spores can even infect the soil you garden in. Its symptoms may be anything from a mild influenza to blood abnormalities and fever, or even death. An eye condition has been linked to the goose disease histoplasmosis and can lead to blindness in those who contract it.
Toxoplasmosis is an infection that invades human tissue and can severely damage the central nervous system, especially in babies. Pregnant women are in extreme danger if infected with toxoplasmosis.

Geese also carry the bacteria salmonella. People who pick up salmonella bacteria can become seriously ill with diarrhea, vomiting, fever and chills. Salmonella can also affect the blood. Goose salmonella can be spread through goose fecal matter.

If a human touches soil or water that has been tainted with goose droppings, and then touches his or her mouth, that human is at risk for giardia. Giardia symptoms can include cramps, bloating, diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss, and can last for a prolonged amount of time. Children who play near ponds or lakes with geese living nearby are especially at risk for giardia.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2011
Barbara wrote:
Barbara,good thing you don't live in upstate N.Y.,we have open season on these flying rats because of all of the damages they have done.If you are so worried we are over populated why don't you go to Camden,Philly,NYC,Oakland Ca.,Watts and teach them about birth control? Got to go,Meeting the guys to do some Canada Goose hunting,wish me luck,we don't have any limits on them,hope I bag about 10.Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Nov 11 Nope 247
Mayor Mayer still bragging about his dead people Nov 8 Tim 1
News Borough employee stops delivery theft scheme, p... (Mar '17) Nov 8 Larrys Neighbor TaTa 3
Why is mayor Mayer with Kennedy same week Trump... Oct 27 Only in GT 1
Mayor Mayer and Norcross linked to Podesta Grou... Oct 23 Podesta Busted 1
Team Mayer Donít give a Shit about residents Oct '17 Injustice in GT 1
Team Mayer and Counci DO NOT Care about People Oct '17 Injustice in GT 1

Blackwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blackwood Mortgages