Arsenic & Old Lace
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blackstone Girl

United States

#1 May 27, 2009
The Southside Area Community Theater is working very hard to provide family entertainment by way of live theater productions in Nottoway County. They really are first rate. Opening night for their production of Arsenic & Old Lace is this Thursday evening at Mitchell's Restaurant. Check out the Courier Record for times. Reservations are required. Try it; you might like it =:)
60-Nurse

Crewe, VA

#2 May 28, 2009
My school did that when I was a senior in highschool. Very funny.
Guest 2

AOL

#3 May 28, 2009
we are looking for some real entertainment. I am sorry I might like seeing my kids perform on stage but that is only because they feel they have made an achievement. eventually we do grow out of those years though. But they do say as you get older you go back in time. So I guess that works for some. But I can assure you when you look around at Aresenic & Old Lace event you won't see to many youngsters hang in for it.
Blackstone Girl

United States

#4 May 29, 2009
Your loss. As long as people fail to take advantage of new and interesting opportunities, they will not only be physically forever in Southside Virginia, but intellectually stuck here as well.
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#5 May 29, 2009
But they have fun doing it and the memories made in school last for a lifetime.
guest 2

AOL

#6 Jun 11, 2009
The point that was being made is that you need to have more new and interesting things for the young people as well as the old equally. We all know that Nottoway cares about the old people we all do. We are just trying to get as much activity for the young. What is wrong with that. If you check out the Blackstone webpage there is plenty of activity for the elders not nearly as much for the youth. That is the complaint. It isn't to much to ask. Why act like the youth are meaningless they are our tomorrow. There is no one condemning the elders reliving the yesteryears but there seems to be problems among the elders when the youth say they want more. Why is that? You say so quickly what you feel is best for you. But step out the box and see what is best for the whole. How about that. I am so tired of hearing how change is happening when it is still those looking out for themselves. The youth needs more! Again I love and respect all my elders but there is a time when the elders have to realize thier own roots and I am sure you all have shared your days of wild oats and you still try to relive those times but now you criticize the youth rights to have their own wild oats. Oh yeah I don't want my children to do what I have done. Well guess what we all have to learn from our own mistakes and it is well known that none of us ever learns from others mistakes. So quit squabbing and let the new come in. I am sorry I don't want my kids to go and gamble playing bingo. But you know they may decide in time that is what they want to do. I am well aware they will make many tough decisions and the ones they make I am sure they will learn from them as we all must do.
Dynomite

AOL

#7 Jun 11, 2009
I use to love to set and listen to my grandma and pa about the good old days but that was their days not mine! I haven't had the chance to make my memories here in Blackstone because there is nothing for me to make memories on. I've been told about the resevoir; when they had boaters; swimming; skieing and the falls. You old folks did have some things to do! I've been told about the bad things here and the good but now I want to make memories both good and maybe some bad. But let it be my decision not your's!Tell me what is there for us to do? Go to Petersburge or Richmond to have fun? Then be fussed at because we went to the big bad city? Give us something to do! Something and some way to have our fun! We want to make our time here to be something to remember not live by your memories! I agree with the bloggers who say bring in the new! Get rid of the old! I respect my grandparents and the elderly folks I have met; however; The biggest part of my summer is sneaking my dad's booze and hoping I don't get caught; making out in the back seat with my boyfriend and hoping They don't find out and standing on the corner trying to get someone to let me wash their car! Oh! This is real fun??? Holding up signs and yelling at strangers let me wash your car! I remember when a small kid [don't talk to strangers] Now I'm yelling at them!
I want to dance! Not with the old men with clammy hands! I want to shoot pool! Not with a cop coming in every five mintues! I want things to do like a lot of kids! What have you got for us besides the drugs that is just about anywheres you want to look! I don't want to do that I hear it isn't good for you but how do we get to have our fun if it's not to escape from this real world you old folks have given us?
guest 4

AOL

#8 Jun 11, 2009
Dynomite; I don't know yet who you might be but I think I'll have to keep a closer watch on my grandchildren! Thanks!
Agape

Crewe, VA

#9 Jun 12, 2009
I wonder why Crewe were so hard nosed with CYBRA and funds to remodel the field in Crewe. This group is doing something for the youth to help them grow and be somebody. I would say that you have to have a balance in the works. Allow some of us old foggies to help with the kids. All our ideas are not that bad. So doing plays like the one mentioned is good. We did it when I was 18.
guest 4

AOL

#10 Jun 12, 2009
How long ago was that? 40 years? 50? How much did it cost? Could a kid aford it? Could they go in without a parent? Do you really think kids want this? I guess you did a lot with your mom and dad? The kids today aren't as inmature as we were! They know more at 13 now than we did at 17. We wanted to improved their education and make them learn more and guess what? They did; a lot faster and grew up a lot laster. Since we did this to them treat them as we made them.[Do what we say not as we do?]Talk to the kids; maybe you forgot how big a drag it was to hold mothers hand at 16! Let the kids express themselves. What you enjoyed at 18 may not be their bag! Let them deside what they want. Don't force your ideas on them!
guest 4

AOL

#11 Jun 12, 2009
I needed to add a few more things The so call improvements you have mention is only for a select group. Now by this I mean "If you got the money then you are welcome" Some folks can't afford your type of intertainment! I say give the kids something they want to put their money in; besides drugs! Let them decide what they want to do with the money they make. We have done enough damage to our kids. We forced them to grow up before their time. We force them to take care of themselves so we could do what we wanted to. We made them grow up fast; so let them make their desicisons on what they want for this town. It's going to be theirs after you and I are dead and gone. What? Do you wish to try to control what they do from the grave? Set good examples not rules and you will give them something to live by!
Big Daddy

AOL

#12 Jun 12, 2009
I see nothing wrong with lace and thongs. If they have all that I am sure to attend. lol.
franzlin

AOL

#13 Jun 12, 2009
big daddy you need to stop lol
Agape

Crewe, VA

#14 Jun 12, 2009
You are bad, bad. LOL
Big Daddy

AOL

#15 Jun 12, 2009
I would franzlin but it is just too much fun. I am still hung up on ferrah faucet here oopssss I almost messed up on my typing the key board keeps moving those little blue pills always mess me up at typing. And it makes my blood pressure go up too. lol so at these plays do wait before I pull out the dollar bills or what.
guest 2

AOL

#16 Jun 12, 2009
you all are just plain silly lmao
Agape

Crewe, VA

#17 Jun 14, 2009
It helps to be silly, especially when it hurts to laugh but oh it helps.
guest 2

AOL

#18 Jun 15, 2009
You know you are right.
Agape

Crewe, VA

#19 Jun 15, 2009
I cried enough so I know that sometimes you just have to laugh.
guest 2

AOL

#20 Jun 16, 2009
Agape wouldn't you like to have more to smile about in our county. I find it sad to walk by these small shops and no one can afford to shop in them. Because I know they aren't to get the chance they really deserve because no one wants to really see improvement. I am saying lets see more smiles. Lets make people happy to live here, and Proud of the booming community. What is wrong with these things? There seem to be some bloggers who don't understand these very things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackstone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOST in KENBRIDGE Jun 21 bulk 1
do trees fart? Jun 19 I know what you did 2
Cheaters Jun 15 frog gigger 2
Kids Jun 9 Montana_Momma 6
Hear the Blast? Apr '16 bulk 1
trump for mayor Mar '16 bulk 1
Trump Takes Lunenburg Mar '16 bulk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blackstone Mortgages