Positive changes in Nottoway County
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
mother of child

AOL

#141 Aug 25, 2009
okay CSI I would like to start with an apology you may not have been speaking of my child. My childs incident happend in summer school and I have sponken to an attorny and I know my rights and that of my sons I also know the schools responsibility. I also know nothing can be done to a child here in Nottoway till a child is 14 yrs of age as in many places. My reasoning for getting so upset is because when the incident happened the school and teacher, and even the school board tried to make my child out to be a liar. The doctors knowing the circumstances have already put my sons conditions in writing for me. It is already documented. A police report is already documented. Before the police report was the school tried to say they had a tape showing my child entering and leaving a rest room by himself and that and they were sorry he broke his arm but it was done by himself and they were sorry for the in convience. Once the police report was done it come out that the children my son stated was in the bathroom with him but both children were pointed at the other child not wanting to resume responsibility. That proved my child was not alone in the restroom and the school boards attitude with me then changed.
mother of child

AOL

#142 Aug 25, 2009
I am not a single mom I have been happily married for thirteen years. The mother of one of the children that jumped my son is said to be a single mom and they don't know what to do with this child. Because the first day of the regular school year this one child threaten to break my childs other arm and when my son came home I wasn't there so he told my mother in law what the child said. When she called the school it was said this same child that is in the intimediate with my son also that morning had jumped a primary child on the way to school and something was going to have to be done. The school board as I said has apologized and said that actions would be made , they also said that the video tape the watched must have been at the wrong time and they couldn't understand this. I haven't got to see any tape. Also it was said on this video it showed my son showing his arms to his teacher. but you could not hear what was being said. The teachers statement she wrote to the school board said my son hadn't complained about his arm till almost time to go and she saw not need to let him call home. But when he came home on the county car that was provided for summer school an told me what happened I could see he needed x-rays. I called an told the school what my child had said to me he said that when he told the teacher what happend she told him to sit down and quit being a snitch. I am told this is one of their best teachers. I am sorry I don't see how. Had she responded I had many kids on me and had a rough day I didn't realize it was that bad. I might could except that but to make out my son lied. Then the statement she gave to the schoolboard well totally contidicted itself. Well anyway I would hope you can see where I was quick to jump to the defense of my child he has dealt with enough.
mother of child

AOL

#143 Aug 25, 2009
I was offered by the school board for them to pay my childs medical bills. My goal was not money. My goal was one to let the teacher to know one never deny any child the right to call home or to go see a nurse. The other is that if the law won't teach children then the school,parents or someone has to let kids know that this type of behavior isn't exceptable. Because such as these two children that did jump my son if they are not told that there is consequences and are not shown then when they do turn 14 and the consequences become a reality they won't understand. That is sad even for that child because in their mind it was okay up until now. And its not okay. And it is not okay for it to be brushed off as nothing happend. That isn't okay either.
mother of child

AOL

#144 Aug 25, 2009
I hope I have cleared some of that up for you. But all the same somethings have to change and they wonder why the kids do get so out of control. When I asked the officer if she spoke to the children about this behavior I was told oh I am not the childs parent. No the officer isn't the childs parent but a simple caring person would have tried to tell the child that there is consequences for such actions and at 10 and 11 that time sequence isn't to far off. I believe if the cop would have taken time to speak to the child in such a manner it could have made a difference. Kids are taught either to look up to cops or fear them in either situation it would have meant something to that child. But I guess some don't see it that way. any way I have said my peice and am done I am sorry for jumping the gun on that but am a firm believer right is right and wrong is wrong.
mother of child

AOL

#145 Aug 25, 2009
sorry for so many typo's and few mis spellings. I should proof read before sending.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#146 Aug 26, 2009
Apology accepted. You are right and at least you did come to the school. I know of one mother who thought the guidance counselor had to rearrange her schedule for the child to see the counselor. She expected her to come in early for the child.
I am sorry about your son, it bothers me and yes I do know of some very mean kids. It seems their parents are dumb about their behavior, some even think it is okay. But anyway the insurance is to pay the doctor bills, and that should be paid regardless of who caused the accident. It would creep me out to think that they had a camera in the bathroom, however there are stalls on the door so they would not see a child there. I hope your child will not feel this is acceptable behavior. I mean I turned out alright but being bullied in school is no fun.
uncounuious

AOL

#147 Aug 26, 2009
CSI; I would like to ask! What did you do when you saw kids pop each other? Did you take them to the office? Did you ask that so call shirff that I haven't seen? Did you contact the parents or did you just say [stop that now]?
What action did you take to keep the kids under control? You are talking about high school kids now!
If you check with doctors you will find out a push does not cause a mark! I've been pushed and no mark! You really need to learn one thing.[You should keep your mouth shut and let folks asume you are stupid than to open it and prove everyone right!!!!!!]
guest 4

AOL

#148 Aug 26, 2009
I have been reading these logs and kept out of most but for the little boy being jumped I would like to say. It doesn't matter what anyone on this sight might believe or how they feel. The hole thing in this case is: The school did not do their job nor did the school board. The mother of the child had to do the job because the ones who should have did not want to. This includes you CSI! I think the problems with the school systems today is the fact no body wants to do the right thing untill they believe there is going to be payback! Why did this mother have to go to the newspaper to get some type of action? Why or what has been done to the teacher who refused this child help? Why didn't the police do more? Why didn't the school board do more than just try to say a boy broke his oun arm? How dumb do you at the school think parents are? Some of us do have a degree! If you are in the school system why don't you take these kids and the things they do more seriously?
Then when shootings like Virginia Tech happens you ask How could this happen? Wake up! It's because you don't do your job and you turn your head and do nothing because it does not involve you personially! I believe the police officer who failed to do their job right should be repermained and layed off without pay for a couple of weeks. Maybe then they will do their job right. The school board? Maybe we oft to get someone else in there and get rid of those who don't so their job. Make the school safer for all studients. Take more interest; do more for the kids and get more involved!
guest 4

AOL

#149 Aug 26, 2009
I would never had said I'm sorry to you after what you said! You knew nothing of the real case or you were trying to cover-up for the school.
Either way; You were wrong!
CSI

Crewe, VA

#150 Aug 26, 2009
Wrong unconcious, find out from medical science that if a person is pushed hard enough prints are left on the body. You people seem to think that everything that happens is the fault of someone other than the people who did it. Again wrong on second count the deputy sheriffs saw the incident along with the principle. They took action. Not all of us are as dumb as you pretend us to be.
As far as I am concerned you do not go to the school. Unless you are one of the kids that has his pants leg down to his knees.
Guest 4 you do not know what you are talking about so shut up while you have the chance. No I do not cover up for bullies, never have and never will. Guest was right on this much, if the kids involved were taken to criminal court she would still only end up with maybe damages. I believe these kids are the same as the unfortunate boy. However with what goes on now, that is unlikely. The insurance is there to pay for medical expenses that he incurred from the incident. I do have my eyes on all the people involved and really most of the teachers, unless they were there during summer school, do not believe it happened. I believe something happened as for what well the boy's mother and I have determined that the child I saw trip and fall is not her son. That child had black hair. George appears to have light brown or blonde hair.
Guest is right on another thing, the CA does not believe in Crime Scence Investigation. That will cost this county big one day. As for someone sticking me with a shiev, a kid tried it in Henrico, he got his teeth kicked in. Then he tried to kill himself after killing his parents, he is in a coma from a auto accident. Around me pulling a knife will get you shot.
Not all of the kids over there are bad kids, they have bad circumstances. Some have bad parents and others try to overcome their circumstances and excell. Cover up for the school? The school has its own means of looking at things including finding out who uses the computers in the school and this site. They have to, as for doctoring a film, well yeah I believe that happens but you could tell it once it is viewed properly.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#151 Aug 26, 2009
I do not blame her for not giving the date Guest4. Her attorney probably advised her of that. You have a degree then why do you not spell any better? Reprimand, laid off are the proper words. Give it time and the alleged attacker will do it again and he will end up in a cell with some kid named Bubba that will show him what a real bully is. As for Virginia Tech, I agree with you on that, my nephew goes there. But Guest4 I do not believe that you live here. There are guests in the county but they are guests of the state. Some are Mexican children, which I am glad they are getting their education.
unconuisous

AOL

#152 Aug 26, 2009
Hey; You are right about cops in our school. I saw them today. But only after a big fight broke out and they came a running. All 3 kids were taken away in handcuffs. I guess better late then never.
Believe what you want; my parents did teach me to respect my elders and no I'm not out to hurt anyone and my pants aren't at my knees. I wear a skirt. You really must be tough. To take a kid down like that my hat's off to you. But how many more can do that? And how can you keep your eyes on all the stuidents and teachers? You watch the cameras or something like that? Cops in school now! That shows you how safe our school really is. I still don't feel safe there!
A Friend

Crewe, VA

#153 Aug 26, 2009
I had to wonder why all the people were reading Topix. It seems there are a lot of people who have legitimate things to say. However when it comes to slamming people and putting down anything changes someone makes it seems some of you delight in making fun of people. I would say that you think you know what it right and what is wrong. CSI and Blackstone Girl among several others are constantly being slammed for standing up for is right. You want it both ways, yours and yours. A few people are trying to help the mother in the incident but as long as you keep a bunch of crap going, that will not help. Who says the people turned their heads? And by his own admission unconcious has said he would not help.
A couple flame throw at CSI, were you there? I do not think so, instead you jump on this and act indignant. That makes a mockery of the poor child's plight. I believe the child was traumatized by the incident. I do not believe he broke his arm himself. But remember this if you can read these postings, so can the lawyers. So can other officials. My advice is to stay off this topic and others unless you have a valid comment. Let the officials handle this and they will just give it time.
Mother of child

AOL

#154 Aug 26, 2009
I was not going to come back to this site. But I decided it was time I remind people of laws and which are being broken. Minors names being used on internet or any type of repor you must have parents permission to use that childs name and the only people I have given permission to is Billy Coleburn and The school to use in School book purposes. Other than that I do not recall giving permission to anyone and I have stressed kids names should not be used on here. So lets remember that. I will stress that it is important that children and adults realize there are consequences to breaking laws. It is high time these things start to be inforced by all. Not just a few select. I will say that the children seeing kids getting arrested today may let them see there is consequences. But it is a shame my child had to witness it today himself and then my kid asked why didn't they come to my aid. But even my child had enough sense to say finally something is being done. And I really do wish that people would learn to spell my childs name correctly. I didn't correct Billy but maybe I should have. All I hope is that people will take thier jobs more seriously and will pay these children more attention.
Mother of child

AOL

#155 Aug 26, 2009
I appreciate all that is trying to help with my childs circumstances and I also would like to thank any that helps with protecting all the kids that are in school. I as a mother don't want to see any kids fear going to school. I would like to think that nothing should stand between a child and education. Because that is what is important for all of our kids future.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#156 Aug 26, 2009
I hope not too and it is too bad that your son was traumatized. I feel for both of you. But the school has newspapers. I have always said that the press do confuse the facts. However one thing, if your child needs help in the future at least I hope he will have someone looking out for him. I do look out for several kids in the school.
I am trying to get them to push decency issues more. I believe the principle and her assistant are working on that. The young men do not realize that they they can be charged with exposure for having their pants down around their knees. That means having a sexual offender charge. Many districts are now doing that. Also there are some good teachers there working to keep the kids alive. I hate for someone to be in fear too, and unconcious please stay in school. Learn all you can and I am sorry I mistook you for a boy. We want you to feel safe we want you to go on and be the kind of person we adults can leave our world too. I do know that the door has been closed on one bathroom accessible from two sides. That way the kids have to come around and be in view of the camera. Some of us are planning on using our cell phone cameras to capture activity when we see it. I really wish you the best in this, believe it or not I am on your side. But I know the system, we will just have to start electing people who will enforce that system.
Guest 4

AOL

#157 Sep 3, 2009
You know CSI you talk so much how you are there to
help the kids out in the schools and infact you stated that there were cops on the grounds to help add protection for our kids. Well even a young girl said she saw cops there when there was a fight on the grounds last week. Well; if I'm not mistaken the police is not 5 mintues away so she was really lied too! And yes by you CSI!!!
It's in the paper this week how there was 11 fights in the schools over at the Intermediate; Middle; and the High school just last week that Monday; Tuesday and Wednesday! A prtition is now being passed around to get police in the school to help add protection for the kids. Again CSI you have been caught in yet another lie.
Your lies trying to protect this town is coming out to the open. Nottoway is not out of the crime just kept out of the public eye. The mother of child has just got folks to wake UP!
CSI

Crewe, VA

#158 Sep 4, 2009
Guest4 it is obvious you are in denial. The police were at the school. There were three separate fights involving eleven people. More steps are being taken by parents to have a regular
officer at the school. I commend them, when I grew up we had a PTA. Please get your facts straight and not from the newspaper in Crewe. He has some of it right but not all. Tell me this why are you so full of hate? You seem to keep spreading it instead of working with people to solve problems.
The majority of the kids are trying to learn and we want them to. We also want them to know they are worthy and to continue on despite the troubles we all face. So unless you have something constructive to write and not say we will let this be and move on to another subject.
the Duke of Fort Monroe

Norfolk, VA

#159 Mar 16, 2010
So how do you people of Nottoway County feel about the idea of Army Base Fort Monroe being transformed into a national historic park!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackstone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hear the Blast? Apr 28 bulk 1
Kids Apr 22 bulk 5
do trees fart? Mar '16 bulk 1
trump for mayor Mar '16 bulk 1
Trump Takes Lunenburg Mar '16 bulk 1
Hillary vs Trump (Jun '15) Feb '16 bulk 3
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blackstone Mortgages