First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom Daniel fan

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Apr 7, 2009
I'm sure that Mr. Green appreciates your vote! If you are not Larry Palmore, you sure do defend him in a manner that would suggest that you are him or someone close to him. If you are not Mr. Palmore then you should keep your mouth shut until you know all the facts. Do you know ALL of the facts? I don't approve of the method of asking these questions, but, I can see how frustrating it is to get the answers! Mr. Green seems to be prepared for the meetings and donates quite a bit of time to his council job. Some folks just can't get along unless they have thier way!
CSI

Crewe, VA

#23 Apr 7, 2009
Can we all remember this is now Easter and try to get along and find another subject to write on?
Blackstone Citizen

South Boston, VA

#24 Apr 8, 2009
Tom Daniel fan, I am simply expressing my opinions which is the purpose of this forum. I am sorry you do not agree with me, well not really. You are a Tom Daniel fan!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha, now that is funny!

Happy Easter, tell Tom to drink one for me
Concerned Citizen

United States

#25 May 23, 2010
Larry Palmore needs to be fired. He publicly embarrassed himself with the "Candy" situation and will face a law suit for "restriction of trade and slander". From a legal standpoint, this is a mess he will not be able to dig out from. Sorry Larry, your pride finally caught up with you!
Whatnot

Charlotte Court House, VA

#27 Jun 21, 2010
Amen Concerned Citizen and I think that may be in the works.
crewe22

Crewe, VA

#28 Nov 26, 2010
Larry Palmore is fired now hahahahahahaha
Blackstone Girl

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Nov 26, 2010
This should not be a time of celebration but a time of healing for the Town of Blackstone. Prayers for our leaders, our citizens, and the Palmore family.
Advocate

#30 Nov 29, 2010
When did Larry get fired?
Blackstone Girl

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Nov 29, 2010
At a special called meeting of the Blackstone Town Council last Tuesday night, the council members voted 7-0 to terminate Larry Palmore employment as Town Manager, effective immediately.
Advote

#32 Nov 30, 2010
Well I knew that would happen especially after the second lawsuit. It is sad to happen this time of year but one would say he brought it on himself.
yeah---ok

Richmond, VA

#33 Nov 30, 2010
It is sad that someone loses their job at anytime its extra hard at the holidays but....it happens everyday but I think from a financial stand point I don't think he's hurtin but I do see several people everyday in this town that is but I don't really think blackstone higher ups really care I mean damn they spent a lot of money on wreaths for the hloidays and I heard something about trees for downtown plus the dbi news letter a couple weeks ago askin for our support to buy things to help them and they (dbi) set the amount they thought would be sufficent for them for a donation if they would have kept the revilization to local contractors they probably would have saved money to where they wouldn't have needed to ask for donations sure the town looks a lil better but what was the cost I mean u can polish a turd but its still gonna be a turd and the old eppes supply building sure it looks better than a old run down we charge to damn much for our tires building and I'm not sayin the ones who own that building didn't earn what they got but I sure would like to see where all the rec association money is going thought it was being investigated I as well as many others would like to know where all the money is going when we pay for our kids to play sports and sponsors pay to have their names put on two dollar t-shirts seems to me they could fix up the fields for our youth our future isn't that what the sign says when you enter blackstone 'children are our business' what a joke use some of that wreath and tree money and fix things up for the kids isn't the ballfields a part of blackstone let's revilize them too you know I've lived in nottoway for 38years and been in blackstone for about 15years and I have seen a lot of ass backwards things and a lot off ass kissing going on here it is all about who you are in this place and well I'm a nobody and this is only my opinion but I don't believe I'm the only one that feels this way donation for dbi and their ignorance...... yeah-ok
Maynard

Palmyra, VA

#34 Dec 13, 2010
Larry has done alot for Blasckstone over the years, but an "attitude" developed in his later years that didn't sit well with others. Nonetheless, he should be remembered for his good deeds, even though he did some stupid things later.
Advocate

#35 Dec 18, 2010
I could agree with that. One of the reasons why I believe in term limits elected or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackstone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tracy williams (reeves) (Dec '05) Aug 22 doekfish 60
single mums wanting naughty boy Aug 21 dantransit 2
flying squirrels vs. Redskins Aug 21 bulk 3
Vote for President! Aug 21 bulk 1
Gay Aug 17 Anonymous 1
Is Bernie Sanders KFC Sanders Nephew? Aug 13 bulk 1
Looking For Family Members For Adams Family (Jan '09) Aug 6 bulk 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blackstone Mortgages