jim

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Sep 25, 2012
no, nobody including child support friend of the court can touch that money. he does not have to worry about it. Not only that but he also should not have to pay child support while on disability. At least thats how it goes in michigan. he needs to contact a lawyer and have them check in on that.
jim

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Sep 25, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
Justsayn,
I never said that he doesn't pay his child support. He pays it through Child Support Enforcement - EVERY MONTH. I was just asking if they would garnish his disability check now that he has a steady monthly income. I didn't need to know about your "daddy" issues because you apparently have them.
i have been a single father of my 15 year old son since he was 2. she ended up being unfit after i joined the service. there r alot of dead beat mothers out there two. i have a daughter who lives with her mother and i have her for the summers. After our divorce I broke my neck and they found out i have cancer. Im only 33 and am getting 1021 a month for my son and i to live on. before this i was never behind on child support. My sons mother has yet to pay a dime for the past 13 years. my daughters mother make great money and after all this she is still comming after my for support. thank god the law says i am not responsible for support anymore. BUT, whenever i do have any extra money I do call her to find out what she needs and i help as much as i can. im far from a dead beat dad. and so people know there are plenty of dead beat mothers out there.
Peanut

Milledgeville, GA

#24 Sep 28, 2012
Why do people like you reproduce? Even if he is disabled he ha an obligation to his kid. He should have known better than to knock up some crazy chic. Bunch of durn retards.
Peanut

Milledgeville, GA

#25 Sep 28, 2012
justsayn__ wrote:
well when u put it on a public topix than u r asking for everyones opinion and if he dont think he should pay for his childs needs than yes he is a dead beat dad!
Shut up bitch. You are worthless, just as much as anyone else.
HerpDerp

Valdosta, GA

#26 Oct 1, 2012
Tell your dead beat brother to man up.
Jennifer

Baxley, GA

#27 Oct 2, 2012
My brother is not a dead beat and wants to take care of his children. The fact of the matter is that he is a VETERAN and was injured during two tours in Iraq. Yes, he has a sorry ex-wife who refuses to hold a steady job and help contribute to supporting their children. What little money she does make is spent on her hair and nails, not the kids. However, the judge doesn't care about that. My brother is still trying to go to court for a modification and so far NO ONE has touched his disability pay, thank goodness. It's not much to begin with, but he is doing his best. Some of you that made the sarcastic comments about "manning up" and so forth... well, I'd like to see you join the military and fight for our country. Oh, that's right. You're too busy judging others on Topix to do that. My brother is a hero and if it wasn't for someone like him defending the freedoms of our great nation, some of you wouldn't be allowed to freely post whatever you want on forums such as this. So enjoy your freedoms, thanks to my brother and other Veterans just like him.
Jennifer

Grovetown, GA

#28 Oct 6, 2012
Thanks, everybody for the info. I'm sorry some of you baby mamas have had a bad time of getting your child support. Children should be taken care of. Period. But the mamas need to work and pay their part too. My brother fought for this country and the last thing he needs is his ex wife taking the little bit of money he gets for his disability when her able bodied self could keep a steady job and help support their children too. He is paying her what he can. But they still haven't gone to court yet. I don't understand how he can hire a lawyer in January of this year and the court dates keep getting continued. I think it's shady of his ex, really. She knows the longer court is put off, the arrears will keep adding up. She is evil but she's smart and knows how to play the game. But, my brother isn't worried. God sees how she is. She claims to be a Christian, but that's another story. Karma is a bitch.
King

Rochester, NY

#29 Oct 17, 2012
[QOTE who="wife of dead beat dad"]<quoted text> I am the wife of a dead beat dad. YES THEY CAN garnish his disability VA pay if it is money waived from retirement pay to get VA disability up to 65% and the retired servicemember owes back child support or alimoney.What else can a mother who cannot get child support do otherwise? Their VA disability is also counted as income to figure child support and alimoney. If you have a court order for garnishment you can garnish VA disability or military retirement pay. Sometimes this is the only way to make a father support his children. So sad but true!![/QU

I'm so happy i found this website. My ex of 17 yrs also left us. My 2 kids are on his benefits from the Va and he hasn't supported them in 5 months..
Chris

Houston, TX

#30 Oct 17, 2012
From what I was told by my attorney and the Texas Attorney General Child Support Division it depends what state you are in. Here in Texas yes it can be garnished. My attorney and the AG asked if I wanted them to include my childs fathers VA disability income with his other income for child support.
Ronnie Easter

Topeka, KS

#31 Oct 19, 2012
your a piece iof sh#t coward. u wouldnt fight or even stand up for your mama if i started whoopin her a*&, YOUD JUST CALL THE POLICE $#% YOU
Anett

La Mesa, CA

#32 Oct 24, 2012
wife of dead beat dad wrote:
<quoted text> I am the wife of a dead beat dad. YES THEY CAN garnish his disability VA pay if it is money waived from retirement pay to get VA disability up to 65% and the retired servicemember owes back child support or alimoney.What else can a mother who cannot get child support do otherwise? Their VA disability is also counted as income to figure child support and alimoney. If you have a court order for garnishment you can garnish VA disability or military retirement pay. Sometimes this is the only way to make a father support his children. So sad but true!!
. Well I'm a mom too, taking care of my son in California and his dead beat dad lives in Texas , he basically stop working just not to pay child support working with his family under the table , unfortunately I called child support and is nothing that they an do , so now the dead beat dad is saying he will get 100%dissability (bragging about it ) and obviously still not sending any money , and to Jennifer supporting her brother ,! What a shame and hopefully she don't get a men like her brother (dead beat dad)
DEONA

Nashville, TN

#34 Nov 14, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
I am just curious if anyone knows if child support could be garnished from my brother's disability check. He just got approved from the VA for 50% disability. Just wondering if his sorry ex-wife finds out would his check be garnished for the child support. He is an Army Veteran (OIF) and is now unable to work. He is scheduled to go back to child support court at the end of this month. Should he tell them about the disability payments or keep quiet?
weather the wife is "sorry" or not the "dad" should PAY something ITS HIS KID TOOOOOO !
indiansnapper

Ashland City, TN

#35 Nov 17, 2012
My husband receives VA disability. He filed himself to lower his child support amount. She fought to have the amount changed to be higher & because my husband is now going to school, his GI Bill was included as income to raise his child support to $200+ more that he was orderted to pay when he was active. What makes it worse for us, she has another child from a differnet faher & is not persuing him for child support so basically, my husaband is supporting that child too. Unfortunately, it does depend on the custodial parent's temperment and who has a better lawyer. I wish the best to your brother.
Jennifer wrote:
I am just curious if anyone knows if child support could be garnished from my brother's disability check. He just got approved from the VA for 50% disability. Just wondering if his sorry ex-wife finds out would his check be garnished for the child support. He is an Army Veteran (OIF) and is now unable to work. He is scheduled to go back to child support court at the end of this month. Should he tell them about the disability payments or keep quiet?
tim

Paris, TN

#36 Nov 24, 2012
iv just started getting ss i only get$ 760a mounth they garnish 65% only leveing me $320 a mounth so when winey ass lazy women pop out them kids and run yourass to childsupport crying deadbeat dad thats bullshit you got pregnet more then likley to get childsupport
tim

Paris, TN

#37 Nov 24, 2012
i am 50 years old and a vet i went out with a women that told me she could not have kids a year im getting hit with child support her main perpis was to get pregnet so she could housing foodstamps insurince and childsupport it should be a law yo perteck men from these moms
tim

Paris, TN

#38 Nov 24, 2012
to jennifer yes childsupport can garnished your brother disability and his cheacking and saveings account up to 65% and 100% of checking saveing
justsayn_

Douglas, GA

#48 Nov 29, 2012
Peanut wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up bitch. You are worthless, just as much as anyone else.

I am not a worthless bitch! How about I was in school and working after school and being a wife and a mother all at the same time. I don't have baby daddy drama cause I am still with my high school sweet heart of 13 years. And for your brother tell him I said thanks for fighting for our freedom but can he fight while taking care of his child right there with him. It is hard with things being so high that anyone can afford daycare. Until he walks in a woman's shoes he has no right to judge her. I am sure there are some that are dirty but not all of us are. It is also hard for a single mother as well as single dads cause I have seen all of it. As for you Jennifer be smart and not have kids cause if you do you would think a father would not need to pay child care and you would go broke. Also for the ones that are talking about the women that are trying to get food stamps well when a single parent apply for assistance they required that you file child support. So this maybe why. Peace!
justsayn_

Douglas, GA

#49 Nov 29, 2012
^ to peanut also!
None of your Business

Clarksville, TN

#50 Dec 6, 2012
wife of dead beat dad wrote:
<quoted text> I am the wife of a dead beat dad. YES THEY CAN garnish his disability VA pay if it is money waived from retirement pay to get VA disability up to 65% and the retired servicemember owes back child support or alimoney.What else can a mother who cannot get child support do otherwise? Their VA disability is also counted as income to figure child support and alimoney. If you have a court order for garnishment you can garnish VA disability or military retirement pay. Sometimes this is the only way to make a father support his children. So sad but true!!
You should have been taken BC or told him to coverdown. You were just a horney as he and just went with it. Stop beating the man up because you were a one night stand!!!
Carrie

Big Rapids, MI

#51 Dec 19, 2012
I am a single mom and I don't receive child support and I have a special needs child. Suck it up I had to change my lifestyle when I got divorced. I moved to a affordable apartment and downsized my life. These veterans and divorced dads who fought for our freedom are disabled and the only payment they get Is veterans disability they pay out their ass to their bitchy ass ex wives and they live in poverty. Why are the deadbeats? Because they couldn't deal with your narcissistic borderline personality disorders anymore. I bet they love their kids but a lot of them have traumatic brain injuries and PTSD and u make it worse. For their own well being they let their kids go because of you. Not the kids but you. They go and fight a war they are damaged from it and then they come home and have another war to fight. Would u really expect them to keep fighting and since you take everything from them for your "kids". There is no respect for our veterans. Yes u have kids with him. And if you werent such a greedy beyotch he probably would still b in their lives. He is damaged and living a sad, painful life and you make it worse. Good job. U created another deadbeat dad. Your fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackshear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 18 min Synergy 55,353
Parking at the new stadium 7 hr Lady Raider Fan 15
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Skating rink in Jamestown? Sep 14 Douglasdad 1
fire on cody road Sep 13 Sissy 7
big buck Sep 12 Spanky Hamm 2
papas deli 2 (Sep '12) Sep 12 Liz912 13
•••
•••
•••

Blackshear Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••