First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DWF

Alma, GA

#1 Feb 5, 2014
I have heard talk that our County Commissioners are wanting to place our fire coverage on strictly a volunteer basis. Does this not concern anyone? Not to mention all insurance will go up for all people living in the City too, because you will not have a fire department anymore! Grapevine whispers have leaked that the County Commissioners are also trying to get rid of our local emergency service. This is a enormous step that our commissioners are deciding on our behalf. What will you do when you need an ambulance and a private service comes to your home that are not near as experienced as professionals that run 911 calls? What if you are having a heart attack and need to be shipped to Jacksonville and ohh you don't have insurance? A private ambulance service can refuse the transport. If you are in a vehicle accident and are trapped, do you want trained people to be there putting your life in there hands? Oh yeah that's right, we won't have our trained emergency people......really worried my family will not have the help we have had at 3 touches of phone buttons....911 trained professional!
Stacy

Phenix City, AL

#2 Feb 6, 2014
I agree .We need to get all of them to step down.Andy Bhutto has to go with all his lues.We need to stand up for our BCFD ,this has worked for years maybe remove some of those people that do nothing and use that for our Fire Department .Some of our men there have been loyal for many years ready for retirement and now take it from them ,how low can these commissioners get.we have people in office that cannot control there own lives They made a job up for June Medders she does absolutely nothing but walk around looking stupid and telling others what to do .We can save that 60 a year for men and women that work.she had not been with the city for 30 year's only 1 maybe and make that kind of money .our Fire Department on the line for what reason And her husband Charlie does not a thing .look at our roads .Has anyone see the radar curve ..Go look Andy said he was going to get him removed ,,but noe he has June and Charlie up his tail.Just saying this is over 100 grand for the safety of our BCFD.I See Lawyer in the near future .
If we don't stand for our men when we are stuck with private people as Fire department ,and ambulance service
bchs1987

Alma, GA

#3 Feb 6, 2014
Won't happen !!!! However 29% of people pay taxes in Bacon supporting the other 71%.
wow

Alma, GA

#4 Feb 6, 2014
no consideration for the dedication our firemen & ems team have provided over the number of years. Chairman & Commissioners who are leading the county in the wrong direction need to think long and hard before they contract with a private company to provide services for our citizens. If they cannot make the right decision... find someone who can....
DWF

Alma, GA

#5 Feb 6, 2014
wow wrote:
no consideration for the dedication our firemen & ems team have provided over the number of years. Chairman & Commissioners who are leading the county in the wrong direction need to think long and hard before they contract with a private company to provide services for our citizens. If they cannot make the right decision... find someone who can....
we'll said "Wow", I just hope people will show our their support to the fireman and EMS that has dedicated their life to serve US, the bacon county residents! I really thought Andy Hutto would do a great service for our community, however, I see that I was wrong. As one voter, we the people should vote on such a drastic change in this type of service and the added cost that will affect all of us not having fire coverage AND the higher rates private ema can bill a patient for transports!
Save me money

Savannah, GA

#6 Feb 6, 2014
What does Appling County do about fire protection?
DWF

Alma, GA

#7 Feb 6, 2014
Another question that was brought up by "Stacey", how does one go about finding out the salary of June Medders? If she is making 60,000.00 or more a year this should be public knowledge, since she is a public paid employee, and why is she making that much? Degree? For a secretary? This figures to be over 28.00 an hour! Hello, what secretary makes that? I got into the WRONG field!
DWF

Alma, GA

#8 Feb 6, 2014
Save me money wrote:
What does Appling County do about fire protection?
I don't live in Appling Co, do you? I will try to find out for inquisitive minds though. If you get rid of our fire protection and go just volunteer, who is going to cover the city and county when those volunteers are at work? Do you want to put your families life at stake? I don't.
bchs1987

Alma, GA

#9 Feb 7, 2014
Totally Volunteer in Applying 100%. June was given the job by Roger Boatright. 4 firemen last year made over 100000. Who males that
bchs1987

Alma, GA

#10 Feb 7, 2014
Also. Fire Board created by Roger Boatright. Hired Paul Taylor-RB. Already had county in bad financial shape-RB . Left city in bad financial shapr-RB. Get my point. These guys trying to clean up the mess.....
wow

Alma, GA

#11 Feb 7, 2014
By requesting in writing to the county you can have access to all salaries paid "Open Records Act:.

With the Rd Dept Supervisor advising the one in charge, of course the large salary is honored.
wow

Alma, GA

#12 Feb 7, 2014
EGO is the problem with the county
DWF

Alma, GA

#13 Feb 7, 2014
If a fireman made over 100000 last year how many hours did they put in? I would like to see those statistics. Who cares about Roger Boatright hiering June, the fact is, all issues are about budget? Why do we have a secretary making 60,000 a year, if that is her salary. Since you know, have you seen all their W-2 forms and time cards? Have you considered that insurance ratings will go up on people's homes? I pay ENOUGH of insurance now!
DWF

Alma, GA

#14 Feb 7, 2014
bchs1987 wrote:
Also. Fire Board created by Roger Boatright. Hired Paul Taylor-RB. Already had county in bad financial shape-RB . Left city in bad financial shapr-RB. Get my point. These guys trying to clean up the mess.....
Ok, let's see, Paul Taylor was hired, hummm, which is kin to Holbert Taylor which is on the county commissioner board. One of Bacon County's problems is who you know, now what you know. Financial mess? What about the Courier, "County better off than thought" did you see it?
bchs1987

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 7, 2014
DWF wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, let's see, Paul Taylor was hired, hummm, which is kin to Holbert Taylor which is on the county commissioner board. One of Bacon County's problems is who you know, now what you know. Financial mess? What about the Courier, "County better off than thought" did you see it?
ISO rating in Applying is same as Bacon .
DWF

Covington, GA

#16 Feb 7, 2014
So is the ISO rating for your home, your life, and your memories and pocket book the same as with a county that has no full time firemen? Sounds like you are in the group of Commissioners making all our decisions, hummm. Oh and I am one of those 29% that works my butt off and pays TAXES!!!!
bubba

Westminster, CO

#17 Feb 7, 2014
hire a fire Chief full time who also doubles as the fire marshal.

Recruit volunteers for the other positions. Provide the volunteers with life ,
health and disability insurance. problem solved

I would take a look at the configuration of the EMS. I think people trained in Emergency Medicine is adequate. should not require but one paramedic
and he/she should be the boss and report to the head of the Hospital.
soldiers in Combat have no paramedic in their midst they have a Medic or corpsman.

That is all that is needed IMHO.
flowerchild

Alma, GA

#18 Feb 7, 2014
The employees of the fire dept. are City employees not County. My cousin works there and he is paid by the City. His benefits are also with the City so City council makes the decisions concerning them.
DWF

Covington, GA

#19 Feb 7, 2014
flowerchild wrote:
The employees of the fire dept. are City employees not County. My cousin works there and he is paid by the City. His benefits are also with the City so City council makes the decisions concerning them.
With Fire and EMS, example "firefighter/paramedic " they may be under the "city", however, ask him/her if the County has any say, answer is Yes. It has been a long time battle between the city and county as far as them splitting the cost of these public employees. Because of this, it has brought up disputes of who owes what. If everything changes and the city gives it all to the county: 1) anywhere in the city limits will be complete volunteer fire and YES rates will go up, ask John Hughes that is on the board of county commissioners, 2) all these employees will loose all retirement they have built up, not to mention they will loose their insurance coverage, vacation, and sick time 3) Andy Hutto and a few of his county commissioner wing men will then have their way and start bidding out EMS to the lowest bidder of a private ambulance service. As I said before, a private service can charge way more than your local EMS does and can refuse transport if you don't have insurance. I haven't heard yet of anyone working for free! A lot of EMS coverage is paid by the funds they bring in by billing insurance for trips and transfers. They actually make a lot of their own salary. They will NOT refuse to transport a person at all to another facility. Does people really not understand this is not just about fire and EMS this is about the quality of care and safety of our residents?
Sharon

Valdosta, GA

#20 Feb 8, 2014
DWF wrote:
Another question that was brought up by "Stacey", how does one go about finding out the salary of June Medders? If she is making 60,000.00 or more a year this should be public knowledge, since she is a public paid employee, and why is she making that much? Degree? For a secretary? This figures to be over 28.00 an hour! Hello, what secretary makes that? I got into the WRONG field!
June was raped by a jail trustee years ago. She & anotherr female worker were raped & sodomized repeatedly in the women's restroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackshear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Wilson 7 hr lostinny 2
Divorce!!!! 18 hr alma town 18
well. I see we are getting a new High School pr... Wed Danny Noonan 7
south georgia tree and debris Jan 28 watching 4
Looking for place to rent Jan 27 Sammy12345 2
Girls basketball team Jan 26 Red Raider 1978 1
skate park = tax $$$ wasted (Feb '09) Jan 26 bmx park 38
Blackshear Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web