Next Last
abc

Fort Stewart, GA

#1 Oct 19, 2013
what do you think about the football players off campus fight
Truth

Alma, GA

#2 Oct 19, 2013
I think that it is very unfortunate that it happened but it has and it is how adults handle the aftermath that is important. All choices that we make in life have consequences. There is no need to turn this into a racial issue.
Big John

Panama City, FL

#3 Oct 19, 2013
black on white???????
truth

Alma, GA

#4 Oct 19, 2013
It was but that doesn't mean the whole town Gaston go crazy.
Concerned Citizen

Blackshear, GA

#5 Oct 19, 2013
An assault was committed and those players still dressed out for the game. Unbelievable!! Since the leadership obviously doesn't have the courage to suspend them for the season it most likely will incite another incident and for what? to salvage an already lousy football season? Truth is 100% correct, its how the adults handle it that is important and the Alma community is watching.
Sissy

Waycross, GA

#6 Oct 19, 2013
How can you have school punishment for acts that happen after school & of campus?
curious

Richmond Hill, GA

#7 Oct 20, 2013
Curious to see if Bacon County officials, and the Board of Education, do the jobs they were hired to do. This is a felony. Action needs to be taken. Were watching and waiting.
Truth

Goodwater, AL

#8 Oct 20, 2013
The board has no authority to press charges. That is up to the victim. Some people believe that because it happened off campus the school shouldn't get involved.
usa

Macon, GA

#9 Oct 20, 2013
What in the world happened ???
Mauri

Alma, GA

#10 Oct 20, 2013
The victim doesn't want to press charges, so there is nothing that can legally be done as far as filing charges.
mojo

Alma, GA

#11 Oct 20, 2013
Mauri wrote:
The victim doesn't want to press charges, so there is nothing that can legally be done as far as filing charges.
The leagal auth can press charges without the victim when a crime occurs and there is evidence.
bigger issues

Baxley, GA

#12 Oct 20, 2013
If this happened where I think it did, then there has been other incidents at this property as well. Perhaps we should look at the people that own the property and allow underage drinking, drugs, parties and fighting. The same people that sit in church with you on Sunday mornings are often the ones that bought the alcohol for your underage teenager the night before.
almalocal

Atlanta, GA

#13 Oct 20, 2013
Where is a video of this incident?
please

Savannah, GA

#14 Oct 21, 2013
Is this Jeff Davis or Bacon....its on Hazlehurst feed but Bacon was mentioned.
Mauri

Alma, GA

#15 Oct 21, 2013
Here's the deal: The victim CHOSE NOT TO PRESS CHARGES. NOTHING CAN BE DONE IF HE WON'T PRESS CHARGES!!!! The school isn't able to do anything to them since it happened off campus and there were no charges filed, so they made them sit the game out to send a message to them, something that pissed off some of the parents of the players. I think they did everything that was LEGALLY in their power to punish them. But there is always someone who thinks they know what the law is. Bottom line, if the victim doesn't take action, no one else CAN take action.
Mauri

Alma, GA

#16 Oct 21, 2013
please wrote:
Is this Jeff Davis or Bacon....its on Hazlehurst feed but Bacon was mentioned.
This is the Alma feed, but sometimes the posts cross for some reason. Not sure why
Mauri

Alma, GA

#17 Oct 21, 2013
mojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The leagal auth can press charges without the victim when a crime occurs and there is evidence.
Not necessarily. Sure, if a murder took place, THAT victim can't press charges, obviously. I happen to know THIS victim personally and he didn't WANT to press charges. He has his reasons. I worked as an investigator and have responded to too many calls where people didn't want to press charges. There were many times I had to let someone go I wish I could have locked up.
the real world my love

Alma, GA

#18 Oct 21, 2013
Sissy wrote:
How can you have school punishment for acts that happen after school & of campus?
If you go to work high or drunk should you not be fired?
A truck driver can loose their licence if caught speeding in their own means of transportation, no licence no job.
A nurse that doesn't come to the aid of someone in need of her training can loose their licence even if she isn't at work.
Let's all make excuses for them and tell them how they are not in the wrong.
potato salad

Fayetteville, GA

#19 Oct 21, 2013
If it had been white on black the whites would already been in jail. And if in school uniform it should be school issue.
goatman

Waycross, GA

#20 Oct 21, 2013
Charges can be filed , by the district attorney if he sees that a wrong was committed, and I,ve just learned that charges have been filed, go to WTOC news, the video is there along with the story, judge for yourself, these students represent ALMA on the field and off, there are rules that high school athletes , cheerleaders and band members have to abid by at school and away from school,suspend the players and cheerleaders, action has to be taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackshear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Parenting/Teakwood topic deleted??? Wed Jockey 4
threesomes Jul 16 Nasty Nate 6
Whitney Harmon Jul 14 Nasty Nate 3
Bennett Still closed Jul 11 Almamom 2
Child Support Garnishment from Disability Check (Nov '11) Jul 10 Mzfine22 116
Dana Todd Apr '17 Sandy 1
Explosion in blackshear or Waycross? Mar '17 Explosion 3

Blackshear Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance