Gun used in Virginia Tech slaying legally bought

Dec 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NorthJersey.com

RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia State Police say the man who fatally ambushed a Virginia Tech police officer had legally purchased the .40-caliber handgun used in the shooting.

Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>...people can buy guns at gun shows without a background check...
Where? I bought my Glock 17 G3 and S&W 686 6" at gun shows and got background checked each and every time.

Oh. I get it. You mean that he was being - well - a democrat.
Never mind.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Pat_Riot wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? I bought my Glock 17 G3 and S&W 686 6" at gun shows and got background checked each and every time.
Never mind.
You need 2 guns to commit suicide? Pull the trigger! NOW!!!!!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Pat_Riot wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind.
Then you bought them from dealers, not private citizens.

Gun sales at shows by private citizens do not require a background check any more than buying a car from a private owner according to the law.

If a licensed dealer sells a gun at a show THEY are required to run a standard background check.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you bought them from dealers, not private citizens.
Gun sales at shows by private citizens do not require a background check any more than buying a car from a private owner according to the law.
If a licensed dealer sells a gun at a show THEY are required to run a standard background check.
That, I did not know. Thank you va_tazdad.
I've always bought new from dealers, for the warranty if something should be wrong with the weapon.
I would, however, consider a private purchase of an FA ACR 5.56 ;-)

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2011

Glen Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it give?
The constitution places legal limitations on government.

Rights themselves are naturally inherent at birth...or god given. Read the first clause, second paragraph of the US Declaration of Independance, where it states exactly what I said.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2011

Judged:

Pat_Riot wrote:
<quoted text>
That, I did not know. Thank you va_tazdad.
I've always bought new from dealers, for the warranty if something should be wrong with the weapon.
I would, however, consider a private purchase of an FA ACR 5.56 ;-)
Real men know how tell if a firearm is inoperative and even if it was, they'd know how to fix it.

I bought a used Armalite AR180 from a private individual at a gun show. Took it home and while inspecting it, determined that the firearm had a broken extractor. I noticed the bolt used the same extractor as an AR15 bolt, swapped them out from an AR15 bolt in one of my rifles and the firearm worked flawless. Then next day, I went to the same gun show, bought an AR15 extractor, pin and spring for 5.99 at a gun table for AR parts. I then went over to the guy that sold me my used Armalite and told him that it was nice that he sold me that gun for 700.00 instead of the 850.00 the used ones at the show were fetching and that for 6 dollars I'd have the broken extractor replaced at my cost. That dude was pissed that he gave away that rifle for 100 bucks under the others, LOL.

But anywhoo, if you can't smith on your own firearms, you better stick with new guns...and quite possibly the ladies models in pink or other ladies colors so we know to extend the correct courtesy to you when we see you at the range with your boutique rifles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blacksburg Discussions

Search the Blacksburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Review: Romp n' Roll Jul 14 Questions 2
Riley's Jul 11 Curious George 1
Betty Franco (Aug '13) Jul 11 Anonymous 58
Suboxone Forum (Jan '13) Jul 10 Suzie q 40
The Blonde.Who Is She? (Feb '12) Jul 7 Curious mind wants 12
Early-morning Blacksburg fire injures man (Jan '10) Jul 6 Ashley 2
•••
•••
•••
Blacksburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters