Guns don;t belong at Radford University

Guns don;t belong at Radford University

There are 7 comments on the Roanoke Times story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Guns don;t belong at Radford University. In it, Roanoke Times reports that:

Radford University has not experienced the same terrible gun tragedies as Virginia Tech, but it took a smart lesson from the bigger public university in Blacksburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roanoke Times.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Institute of higher learning my ass. What Radford has failed to "learn" from VT, Columbine, the CO movie theater, etc. is that gun-free zones (disarmed victim zones) are where people who are hell-bent on killing the most number of people in the shortest amount of time choose for their fish-in-a-barrel slaughter.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
Institute of higher learning my ass. What Radford has failed to "learn" from VT, Columbine, the CO movie theater, etc. is that gun-free zones (disarmed victim zones) are where people who are hell-bent on killing the most number of people in the shortest amount of time choose for their fish-in-a-barrel slaughter.
Hey hey hey, cut that out. Common sense posts not allowed. The sheep get restless when they have to think. One will jump off a cliff and the rest will follow.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Hey hey hey, cut that out. Common sense posts not allowed. The sheep get restless when they have to think. One will jump off a cliff and the rest will follow.
Sorry....my common sense got the better of me.
Chesty

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry....my common sense got the better of me.
Common Sense: So rare today, it's a super power.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 25, 2012
Two minute video: how to make your own gun free zone (provides minimal instruction for "common sense" gun free zone):

Wow

Princeton, WV

#6 Sep 25, 2012
I can't understand for the life of me why people can't realize that if there was one person with a gun at VT, or in the movie theater in Colorado, or wherever, then it's very possible the outcome would have been much different. Unfortunately for Radford now the old saying will hold true- now that they have outlawed guns on campus, only outlaws will have guns on campus. Next time a nut job wants to go on a shooting spree, why not choose RU, it's now public knowledge no one there can carry a gun and shoot back. Ridiculous!
Adam

Springfield, VA

#7 Feb 27, 2013
I briefly attended RU..WORST mistake of my life!!!!! why are we surprised about people going crazy down there??? Have you ever been??? It's awful down there unless your 70+ yrs old. Everyone looks like a meth head...bc 95% they are!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blacksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman faces charges after report of shots fired... Sep 24 Just me 1
Dead guy Sep 14 cookfowardhorses 5
University BP Towing and Service Station (Feb '12) Sep 11 Ripped off by gre... 11
Liberty University? Are you Kidding Me? (Aug '13) Sep 6 Jethro 4
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug '16 Peanut Butter 2
bears1985 Aug '16 radar2016 1
Kelley at prices (Oct '15) Aug '16 Knows him 3

Blacksburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blacksburg Mortgages