Charges against suicidal veteran prompt outrage

Feb 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Staunton News Leader

Gulf War veteran Sean Duvall faces four federal counts related to manufacturing and possessing the homemade gun with which he planned to kill himself.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2013
somebody else

Rocky Mount, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2012
I know a lot of Vets that siad they will never use the hotline.
Helopilot67-68

Choctaw, OK

#2 Feb 23, 2012
well we have thousands of veterans of todays wars and past wars who have and will kill themselfs and take a love one with them in a heart beat = fact!

Our own Gov. lies to us about help to claims and who have asked for help and never got it!

What are the true numbers of vets who have died in the USA from kill him or herself or who have died on the streets of the USA?????

Most wont to push away from the VA and yes others seek help daily and then some get to a breaking point and death is key to get out of the hurt he or she has had for years!

I know vets who will not even say they were in the Army! Most wont even talk about war let alone how they feel today cause of what happen on the front lines of hell!

If you can't seek help and get it from the VA or DOD who can you get help from???
Linus

Rocky Mount, VA

#3 Feb 24, 2012
If you need assistance, seek out another Veteran. They will not turn you in or turn you away. We will always heplp each other as brothers. Never give up!
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#4 Feb 27, 2012
Linus wrote:
If you need assistance, seek out another Veteran. They will not turn you in or turn you away. We will always heplp each other as brothers. Never give up!
Here is one answer that makes sense to me. Another vet can tell you of his/her experience BUT that does not mean their situation applies to you. Ask another vet about the type of help they received and then ask more. Don't make any decisions on your own. Yes, the VA can make mistakes but get an education before you make a decision about the type of help you want to get, the type of help you expect to get and the type of help you need. Each situation is unique to each vet. Understand what medications you take and the side effects and keep that in mind. Ask around for second or third opinions from the medical community. Not all doctors have answers but there is different ways of treating stress and the horrors of war.
Educate yourself so that you don't have to take a doctors word for what they claim is stress related. Research your condition and other related conditions so that you are the one in charge of what happens with your mental and physical health.
Depression and other signs of mental health can also be attributed to a chemical imbalance so learn the facts. Teach the doctors a thing or two, you are in charge of your health and the more you know, the more you can make a doctor understand.
Doctors are not perfect. Some of them make mistakes and have no conscience about what they treat or do to the patient. Sometimes their ego overrides their medical training. I know many a doctor who has a ego and do not like to be proven wrong. If you take their word for your health, you place yourself in their hands. Educate yourself!
With the influx of soldiers seeking help, the VA can get overwhelmed and lose focus on which patient needs the greatest help. Don't let this happen to you. You know what goes on with your body and making a doctor listen and understand is the most difficult thing to do. The doctor is not in your shoes so the best way to make a doctor listen and understand is to do research so that you understand.
Good luck soldiers and remember, YOU are not the only one fighting this war!
veterns dont give up

United States

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Dear Veterans,
I am sorry you had to go to war.
What happened was put upon you and the weight can feel relentless.
I know a little bit about how you might feel as I have had to hold the front line in a war zone in our neighborhood where drug addiction and the insane behavior felt like a war.
I have wounds and they play out in my mind like it was yesterday. I can only say I am praying for each of you.
Every heart's sadness is felt by those of us who pray for others and the wounds you have from being a brave soldier cannot be ignore.
I pray tonight especially for those who think they can't take anymore. Just try to understand that you came back and there is a reason you are here.
Please write. Post your feelings where someone can meet them with you. There are many of us willing to help you; and we pray you write about what you feel.
It is very important that we hear from you about the effects of war. Maybe our govt will reconsider how they assume your bravery cannot be taken for granted.
You need to have someone give you some healing energy.
Tonight I pray you will be found by someone who cares enough to help you. Not just to say I will pray for you but to help you in a real and tangible way.
If you understood how hard it is just to be normal as a civilian; you would have some mercy for yourself as your stress is more than one person should manage alone.
This is a merciless society in ways that are simply hard to digest. If you are depressed, most people will avoid you. You don't want them in your life anyway; so keep looking.
So many people don't understand how selfish they are to not take some time and help others who are not in the in crowd.
They seek for themselves and ignore the less fortunate.
They should spend one day in your shoes.
I am sorry for your memories that haunt you and the wounds that pain you; but I pray for your strength to ask for help from the people who will give it to you. Someone is waiting to help you; so please trust that fact. We just don't know where you are so let someone know.
We love you. We love our vets.
Remember that exercise is sometimes the only thing you can do to decompress. Just do it.
Love to you
:)
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#6 Dec 2, 2012
veterns dont give up wrote:
Dear Veterans,
I am sorry you had to go to war.
What happened was put upon you and the weight can feel relentless.
I know a little bit about how you might feel as I have had to hold the front line in a war zone in our neighborhood where drug addiction and the insane behavior felt like a war.
I have wounds and they play out in my mind like it was yesterday. I can only say I am praying for each of you.
Every heart's sadness is felt by those of us who pray for others and the wounds you have from being a brave soldier cannot be ignore.
I pray tonight especially for those who think they can't take anymore. Just try to understand that you came back and there is a reason you are here.
Please write. Post your feelings where someone can meet them with you. There are many of us willing to help you; and we pray you write about what you feel.
It is very important that we hear from you about the effects of war. Maybe our govt will reconsider how they assume your bravery cannot be taken for granted.
You need to have someone give you some healing energy.
Tonight I pray you will be found by someone who cares enough to help you. Not just to say I will pray for you but to help you in a real and tangible way.
If you understood how hard it is just to be normal as a civilian; you would have some mercy for yourself as your stress is more than one person should manage alone.
This is a merciless society in ways that are simply hard to digest. If you are depressed, most people will avoid you. You don't want them in your life anyway; so keep looking.
So many people don't understand how selfish they are to not take some time and help others who are not in the in crowd.
They seek for themselves and ignore the less fortunate.
They should spend one day in your shoes.
I am sorry for your memories that haunt you and the wounds that pain you; but I pray for your strength to ask for help from the people who will give it to you. Someone is waiting to help you; so please trust that fact. We just don't know where you are so let someone know.
We love you. We love our vets.
Remember that exercise is sometimes the only thing you can do to decompress. Just do it.
Love to you
:)
There is a lot said here. Thank you for the powerful words. Thank you for caring. Thank you for not making the veteran feel alone. Thank you for the prayers, concern, care and trying to understand what it is like to wear a uniform and live in that world.
Powerful message here. Thank you for not 'dumping'. What can I say except thank you for caring. Hope your care works for the service men and women who need it.
some people

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2013
I appreciate your reply, thank you.

When I read message boards sometimes some people amaze me; and in a good way I appreciate even one person who might understand another's path is just as hard or harder than mine.

You know the stories about the man waiting outside the liquor store asking someone to spare some change only to be called a slob and told to get a job.

I trust one day everyone is going to have to examine for what purpose we exist and for what do we spend our time hoping to accomplish. Some people never bother to think of anyone other than themselves and that dears is just a useless journey.

May we never have to consider harming others for any reason nor ask a person to tell a lie. Our lives are so useful when we see how kindness is the only way to deal with any issue. The only right way.

Next Thursday April 11th,2013 is a rare opportunity to hear the Buddhist teacher Trungram Gyaltrul discuss meditation.

It is a free event at the Skelton Conference Center at VT from 7 to 9 PM. Please tell your friends.

The talk is about the effects that prayer and focused contemplation can do to and for us.
some people

United States

#8 Apr 8, 2013
Thursday, April 11-7 PM
The Inn at VT and Skelton Conference Center
Trungram Gyaltrul Rinpoche
Power of Skillful Practices of Mind and Body:Human Solutions to Human Problems

Prominent lama of Tibetan Buddhism, scholar, teacher and meditation master
Doctorate degree from Harvard University in 2004
Opened the Lumbini Udyana Mahachaity -World Center for Peace and Unity temple and meditation hall complex at the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Making a weapon is not necessarily illegal. You do have legal rights to assemble and create any form of technology. Patent and even sell to Federal or military for a new design, most veterans create new weaponry designs and vehicles and theories all the time.

Sounds more like someone got jealous to me.

Shock Blast Therapy is real well. ORder this segment from PBS it played in 1975 I think military segment and FBI exposed series that ran on PBS after school when adults were at work. SO I believe around 2:30-4:30 episodes. VERY IMPRESSIVE professionalisms of once upon a time prior to LOST GENERATION civilian drug baby degerates.

But then again In MAdison Wisc. FOTRA (friends of the royal Assembly) and Boy and Girl Scouts of America out BID US VFW associations to protect street and battle terrorism. PROBLEM they got the VETERAN FUNDS and indicated they can prove better then any service man, and sent out minor children while the ADULT GIRL AND BOYSCOUTS HID and waited for CRANK AND COKE BABIES to come back with evidence agasint civilans thru gossip of a child that has a inability to relay infomraiton and chamber jumps and has no sound mind to make a adult decision. Police acted as if it were fact and made false arrests while real terrorism (RAPE< AGGRIVATED ASSAULT< PROFILING< STALKERS< MURDERERS< GRAND THEFT all remained on the streets as the audlt legague of Boy and Girl Scouts and the children feared them as well, so grew up pasifying and partying with killer rapists and others.

Sick distorted Governor and MAyorial accounting. Death sentence sounds fair but I prefer the new law, No shooting foot, no electric chair, now police and pmilitary and feds are to SHOOT OUT THE KNEE CAP besides pharmacutical and MEdical review board have to upsale knee cap prothetics so that was on agenda for the war of 2014 with mass over throw of court and school district and police and judicial malpraictice and medical PRISON ARREST if you turn even a QAURTER INCH away form the Federal or Military officer they are authorised to kill or pardon by shooting out knee cap to detain and they hand you your US COURT PAPERS they gave them full authorization to do so, they did say dont move keep your f'n mouth shut......
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Read up on laws, for military and even more CURRENT to keep civilan and officials competant.

HR 218 I think.

It legally authorizees all military personel retired or not to carry arms in civilan secters, and if their is a complicaiton of TERRORIST ATTACK(vandelism, rape, aggrevated assault, grand theft) They are authorized to assist until police arrive (EVEN A CIVILIAN CAN ORDER ARREST) And they do have rights to bare arms and use it if you are fleeing the scene.

YOUR STate or City may have voted it out of sight, but that does not mean Government did not HONOR that Law. City and State may have out bid to over throw that administrational term, BUT CITY AND STATE gets fines exceeding billion dollars to pay the Veteran if they did not honor the law, as you put them in Civilian detention and prison, NOT LEGAL>

We have gangs and spiritaul movements in Madison Wisc. Small city less then 250,000 are real civilians of city and state. Their movements consist of finding a Veteran and profiling his feel, and chamber jumping him after they feel their mil.itary hold, FOR THE SPEED and fighting training, and renders the Veteran Of all medical terms "Brain dead in a wake coma puppeteered and manuvuered by thoughts of gang or religious movement"

I could see definately the aliby they ALWAYS HAD and the contraversy of a CHild age prior to enterence into service, that would cause depression and as like terrets disruptions wouldnt it.

WHY DISPUTE< go lock yourselfs up so others can protect the Military men, Who ensured most all ground war never reached YOUR DAMN SHORELINES and kept it 35,000 miles away to never disrupt your life and childrens. ASZ HOLES Terrorist rapist selling the children thru fotra encounters and at bars and bowling alleys, to the Child that parents have the most to offer them in drugs and vacation, and never thinking of the children sanctitiy or emotional attachments and their desires, EXTRA money to pay Parents credit debt is all I saw. READ CHILD PIMPING LAWS< After your illegal x rejected you with no legal documents or court activity of dating LAWS Did your parents throw you another to try out, CHILD PIMPING LAWS sue your parents and lock them UP FOR GOOD

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blacksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bus repair guy at BT Aug 25 local girl done w... 1
radford police and pulaski police dirty (May '12) Aug 25 Uh-Oh! 26
looking Aug 21 lonely welder 1
fwb wanted Aug 20 hope so 1
Riley's Aug 20 xxxREDxxx 5
Tim Kitts (warning ladies) Aug 19 local girl done w... 1
Mountain Lake Lodge, minus the lake Aug 17 Empty 3
•••
•••
•••