None of the above
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#1 Feb 24, 2012
In our current political system overwhelmingly incumbents are re-elected whether they are doing a good job or not.

What we need is a place on the ballot to select "none of the above".

We have campaigns usually consisting of numerous contenders opposing the incumbent. After a period of time listening to all their talking points we look at those candidates and say to ourselves, " I don't really like any of them".

So what happens? People will vote for the incompetent fool that's helping take this country down the tubes.

They don't really know the challenger, may never have heard of him/her before. They really don't want to take a chance but they have heard of the incumbent even though they have no clue what he/she has done so they vote him/her back in office.

You have no choice. Vote for the challenger or the incumbent. As it stands you have no way of expressing what you really feel and that is that the candidates available are not up to the job of representing you or your State.

None of the above tells the politicians you suck and we want real representation.

None of the above clears the incumbent and the seat is up for grabs but not to be held by the incumbent. We start over. New candidates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blacklick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland sends Tamir Rice’s estate $500 ambula... 1 min February 43
Mass Machete Stabbing 27 min Break the head of... 17
BB's Current Events Thread 28 min Reality Speaks 268
Ohio Supreme Court.? 29 min Annie 1
looking for someone 1 hr jason 3
Happy Black History Month! 1 hr Reality B Speekin 161
This is one big reason College is unaffordable ... 2 hr Death2Tyrants 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blacklick Mortgages