Over policed in St. Lawrence County

Over policed in St. Lawrence County

There are 183 comments on the North Country Now story from May 2, 2013, titled Over policed in St. Lawrence County. In it, North Country Now reports that:

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

FACT

Gouverneur, NY

#65 May 9, 2013
Most (not all, but MOST) people who are cops, or security/prison guards take the jobs because it is easy money, great benefits and they probably couldn't do much else with a very limited education.
The ones around here do a good job, except for the GPD, where only a couple of them have any degree of public respect.
Curious

Gouverneur, NY

#66 May 9, 2013
What does NYSCOPBA stand for and who do they represent?
Bad Jack

Gouverneur, NY

#67 May 9, 2013
First of all, there are 3x's too many policemen in the area being discussed. One only need drive through Gouverneur on any day at any time to realizes this. You can't drive through the village without seeing a Village PD, two NYS Troop cars and a BP vehicle at least. Occasionally a Sheriff too.

Second, try to record every encounter with police or BP with your smart phone. It is not against the law even though they will try to tell you it is. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/opinion/the...

Third, NEVER let the Boarder Patrol or any other law enforcement search your vehicle, ever. Even if they DO threaten to, "get the dog". They're bluffing. They need probable cause and you asserting your constitutional rights is NOT grounds for reasonable suspicion. Do not give consent, ever, ever, ever.

Do not answer any questions you don't have to. Don't tell them where you're going or where you're coming from. Just give them (cops) your license, registration and insurance if they ask for it. For Boarder Patrol, just tell them you're a US Citizen and that's it.

If you give any of these entities anything more, they will take it and fuck you and you will only have yourself to blame.
Bad Jacks cummy butt

Hammond, NY

#68 May 10, 2013
Bad Jack wrote:
First of all, there are 3x's too many policemen in the area being discussed. One only need drive through Gouverneur on any day at any time to realizes this. You can't drive through the village without seeing a Village PD, two NYS Troop cars and a BP vehicle at least. Occasionally a Sheriff too.
Second, try to record every encounter with police or BP with your smart phone. It is not against the law even though they will try to tell you it is. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/opinion/the...
Third, NEVER let the Boarder Patrol or any other law enforcement search your vehicle, ever. Even if they DO threaten to, "get the dog". They're bluffing. They need probable cause and you asserting your constitutional rights is NOT grounds for reasonable suspicion. Do not give consent, ever, ever, ever.
Do not answer any questions you don't have to. Don't tell them where you're going or where you're coming from. Just give them (cops) your license, registration and insurance if they ask for it. For Boarder Patrol, just tell them you're a US Citizen and that's it.
If you give any of these entities anything more, they will take it and fuck you and you will only have yourself to blame.
Sounds like someone has something to hide??? I want more cops...clean up the scum around here and drive them somewhere else
Curious

Gouverneur, NY

#69 May 10, 2013
Absolutely 100% correct. People NEED to start standing up for what's right.
Riparian

New York, NY

#70 May 10, 2013
Bad Jack wrote:

Thanks. Very informative.
Another experience I had in a new company vehicle on rt. 11 being pulled over for no reason:
His probable cause to pull me over was-
I had a automobile dealer licenseplate frame around my plate, you know the little frame that says dealmaker or fucillo's. That was my crime, 5/8 of an inch around your license plate and you are guilty of an obscured plate. Remove them If you dont want trouble.
Bad Jacks cummy butt

Hammond, NY

#71 May 10, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Very informative.
Another experience I had in a new company vehicle on rt. 11 being pulled over for no reason:
His probable cause to pull me over was-
I had a automobile dealer licenseplate frame around my plate, you know the little frame that says dealmaker or fucillo's. That was my crime, 5/8 of an inch around your license plate and you are guilty of an obscured plate. Remove them If you dont want trouble.
Once some of your kids get hooked on the drugs that are passing thru here and being grown here, you will change your minds. Understanding it causes some grief, but there are far too many shit bags around here. If you are sick of the pull overs, turn people in instead of turning a blond eye.
Riparian

New York, NY

#72 May 10, 2013
Bad Jacks cummy butt wrote:
<quoted text>Once some of your kids get hooked on the drugs that are passing thru here and being grown here, you will change your minds. Understanding it causes some grief, but there are far too many shit bags around here. If you are sick of the pull overs, turn people in instead of turning a blond eye.
My kids make their own choices based on the examples Ive set for them and the time Ive taken to stress to them the importance of each and every decision they make and sadly Ive had to spend just as much time teaching them how to deal with a person pushing drugs on them as I have teaching them how to deal with a police officer on the roadside who in many cases is just as eager to ruin their life as a drugdealer.
And your name, really? U dont even deserve a response! Pig
antlers

New York, NY

#73 May 10, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>My kids make their own choices based on the examples Ive set for them and the time Ive taken to stress to them the importance of each and every decision they make and sadly Ive had to spend just as much time teaching them how to deal with a person pushing drugs on them as I have teaching them how to deal with a police officer on the roadside who in many cases is just as eager to ruin their life as a drugdealer.
You just did respond!!! Idiot.
Riparian

New York, NY

#74 May 10, 2013
antlers wrote:
<quoted text>You just did respond!!! Idiot.
Sometimes santa comes to people who don't deserve it. I said he didnt deserve a response,that doesnt mean I cant give one. You're an idiot!
pumpkin

New York, NY

#75 May 10, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes santa comes to people who don't deserve it. I said he didnt deserve a response,that doesnt mean I cant give one. You're an idiot!
I agree with antlers... Your and idiot.
Bad Jacks NOT cummy butt

Hammond, NY

#76 May 10, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids make their own choices based on the examples Ive set for them and the time Ive taken to stress to them the importance of each and every decision they make and sadly Ive had to spend just as much time teaching them how to deal with a person pushing drugs on them as I have teaching them how to deal with a police officer on the roadside who in many cases is just as eager to ruin their life as a drugdealer.
Sorry about the name, I have revised it. I am not questioning your parenting skills, so set that aside. So what you are implying is that a cop pulling you over if you are 100% innocent, is more likely to ruin your kids life than a heroine pusher. Pretty interesting concept, although faulty on many levels.

I agree there are bad cops and there are good. The cops in general are not out to get people, lets face it our legal system up here is a joke. So good or bad cop aside, your little Johnny gets pulled over and they find nothing. He gets a headlight ticket or something right.

So the next scenario. You did your best to raise little Johnny. It is proven though that some kids due to environmental, social, economic, and many other factors will end up doing drugs or some other illegal activity. If you are super parent, your child will have a slightly better chance, but shit happens. So the 10 heroine dealers that were never arrested are around, and little Johnny is hooked. How likely is your child to now be pulled over for some form of erratic behavior and actually get some real tickets.

So to simplify, if the drugs and assholes and all of that bullshit is not around, little Johnny has a much better chance of keeping a tight asshole for his life. Daddy/mommy cannot protect them all of the time. Remove the cause, there is no affect you stupid fuck.
Foolz

Gouverneur, NY

#77 May 10, 2013
Bad Jacks NOT cummy butt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about the name, I have revised it. I am not questioning your parenting skills, so set that aside. So what you are implying is that a cop pulling you over if you are 100% innocent, is more likely to ruin your kids life than a heroine pusher. Pretty interesting concept, although faulty on many levels.
I agree there are bad cops and there are good. The cops in general are not out to get people, lets face it our legal system up here is a joke. So good or bad cop aside, your little Johnny gets pulled over and they find nothing. He gets a headlight ticket or something right.
So the next scenario. You did your best to raise little Johnny. It is proven though that some kids due to environmental, social, economic, and many other factors will end up doing drugs or some other illegal activity. If you are super parent, your child will have a slightly better chance, but shit happens. So the 10 heroine dealers that were never arrested are around, and little Johnny is hooked. How likely is your child to now be pulled over for some form of erratic behavior and actually get some real tickets.
So to simplify, if the drugs and assholes and all of that bullshit is not around, little Johnny has a much better chance of keeping a tight asshole for his life. Daddy/mommy cannot protect them all of the time. Remove the cause, there is no affect you stupid fuck.
Apparently you are not from here ad don't know how are cops make their money!!!
Riparian

New York, NY

#79 May 10, 2013
Bad Jacks NOT cummy butt wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the name, I have revised it. I am not questioning your parenting skills, so set that aside. So what you are implying is that a cop pulling you over if you are 100% innocent, is more likely to ruin your kids life than a heroine pusher. Pretty interesting concept, although faulty on many levels.

Also I can live with the drugs around, being there are way too many people in this world Im counting on a good number of assholes like you and your offspring (especially if they learned from you) to fail so that my kid has a better chance in life.
roger spencer

New York, NY

#80 May 11, 2013
With so many drugs around and so many police in the area. Why don't we hear of many drug bust? I am out and about. Druggies aren'r very smart. They talk a lot. Everyone knows who they are. Everyone knows where the drug house's are. Someone will ask why don't I turn them in. I think if they want to do it let them. The war on drugs has been fought for a very long time. It can't be won. I think the best way to win it is to legalize them. Crime would be way down. People do it anyway. Do you think that if it isn't against the law. That suddenly everyone will do drugs? Prisons would be less full. police would have less to do. But so many tax funded jobs would be lost. We can't have that now can we?
Unknown

Gouverneur, NY

#81 May 11, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
With so many drugs around and so many police in the area. Why don't we hear of many drug bust? I am out and about. Druggies aren'r very smart. They talk a lot. Everyone knows who they are. Everyone knows where the drug house's are. Someone will ask why don't I turn them in. I think if they want to do it let them. The war on drugs has been fought for a very long time. It can't be won. I think the best way to win it is to legalize them. Crime would be way down. People do it anyway. Do you think that if it isn't against the law. That suddenly everyone will do drugs? Prisons would be less full. police would have less to do. But so many tax funded jobs would be lost. We can't have that now can we?

Is there still a drug task force?
Da Police

Gouverneur, NY

#82 May 12, 2013
Yes we have a DTF here, and we bust druggies every day. You may not hear because we don't always publicize them for reasons unsaid.

As for you Riparian, you got stopped for a reason, we are watchng you. Its only a matter of time before your a resident of the greybar motel..
bent over

Gouverneur, NY

#83 May 12, 2013
just remember,cops lie to you to get probable cause ask any cop that will tell the truth.That's just the way it is.We have rights but there are ways to get around that.It's part of their training,ask a truthful cop!My info comes from a relative that is a cop.I see cops in my village but they don't obey posted speed limits stop fully at corners or only pass cars when it is clear in the other direction.With all the inprovments in law inforcement(plate readers,cameras,etc.)how come we need a bigger police force watching us?although there are drugs and bad acts going on (like everywhere else)we question ourselves when pulled over.It makes you feel like you are doing something wrong.I see border patrol almost every day watching our every move,cops hidden behind trees and brush waitng for everyday citizens to slip or make a mistake.I am not agaist police,I just think they spend alot of time sitting and watching instead of getting up and doing.As our taxes get bigger and bigger there will more and more everyday people stretching bounderies just to make it.
Riparian

New York, NY

#84 May 12, 2013
Da Police wrote:
Yes we have a DTF here, and we bust druggies every day. You may not hear because we don't always publicize them for reasons unsaid.

As for you Riparian, you got stopped for a reason, we are watchng you. Its only a matter of time before your a resident of the greybar motel..
Dapiglice:
Youre a wanna be cop. But if by small chance you are some type of leo you prove my point every time you post.
Power drunk little hipocrytes.
Riparian

New York, NY

#85 May 12, 2013
Da Police wrote:

The unsaid reasons police dont always publicize them is that they make their charges go away in return for sex, drugs and other favors. There are cops that are corrupt to the core. You would fit right in with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just need to vent! 2 hr Norfolk Resident 2
what do we think of fort drum soldiers (Mar '11) 4 hr Idgaf 42
News Camden woman charged with stealing more than $7... (Mar '14) Mon Alexus 17
Davidson's Mon RatKiller 4
News North country residents enjoy fireworks at Wate... Jul 3 hdtv 1
wwny (Sep '13) Jul 1 Anonymous 6
Why no strip clubs in Watertown? (Mar '10) Jun 27 lovebug 34
More from around the web

Black River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE