Retail and Restaurant Rundown

Retail and Restaurant Rundown

There are 14 comments on the New Hartford Pennysaver story from Oct 11, 2009, titled Retail and Restaurant Rundown. In it, New Hartford Pennysaver reports that:

Briar Hollow restaurant, gift shop recalls a simpler time HERKIMER - Amid bluegrass music and the smell of fresh baked goods, a visit to the recently opened Briar Hollow restaurant and gift shop is a trip back in time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Hartford Pennysaver.

These Type Of People

New York, NY

#2 Oct 15, 2009
See, these type of people start these threads just to start trouble. YOU AGREE WITH WHO? There is nobody to agree with because YOU are the first person to post. Nobody before your post said that any restaraunt is run down so there is nobody to agree with. "Turdimer"..cmon buddy, what age are we now? 5? 6? Stop causing trouble, and get a life PLEASE?
Uhhh

Mitchell, IN

#3 Oct 15, 2009
These Type Of People wrote:
See, these type of people start these threads just to start trouble. YOU AGREE WITH WHO? There is nobody to agree with because YOU are the first person to post. Nobody before your post said that any restaraunt is run down so there is nobody to agree with. "Turdimer"..cmon buddy, what age are we now? 5? 6? Stop causing trouble, and get a life PLEASE?
Dude, if you want to defend Herkimer, you might not want to look like such a moron doing so. He linked this post to an article; that is what he is agreeing with, not some phantom post. Try reading it first before you call someone else an idiot.
Everybody Poops

Constableville, NY

#4 Oct 15, 2009
Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, if you want to defend Herkimer, you might not want to look like such a moron doing so. He linked this post to an article; that is what he is agreeing with, not some phantom post. Try reading it first before you call someone else an idiot.
Uhhh, maybe YOU should read before you post. The linked article makes no statement about most restaurants and stores in Turdimer being rundown; ergo, there is nothing to agree with, eh?

Now we all know that many places in Turdimer ARE awfully rundown.

The article in question highlights a new business on Main Street, the Briar Hollow Restaurant, which is not rundown. I have pasted it below for the convenience of all.

Briar Hollow restaurant, gift shop recalls a simpler time
Observer-Dispatch | Oct 11, 2009

HERKIMER – Amid bluegrass music and the smell of fresh baked goods, a visit to the recently opened Briar Hollow restaurant and gift shop is a trip back in time.

At 137 N Main St., Briar Hollow opened its doors in July, and features an old fashioned country atmosphere where meals are made “from scratch,” and all customers get a free sample of their homemade gingersnap cookies.

The gift shop features handmade items, and is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.

For information or to purchase gift shop items online, visit http://briarhollow.com .

— Jennifer Bogdan, O-D
frozen komquat

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 15, 2009
To all the turds posting,I think the headlines "Rundown" meant list of things happening,if you think I`am wrong please let me know.
These Type Of People

New York, NY

#6 Oct 15, 2009
Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing about Herkimer being "RUN-DOWN" IDIOT. I read it, and now I can call you both Idiots. Never said it was a "phantom post"... so why don't you try reading my statement before replying with that statement. Im not defending Herkimer, Im defending the buisness's (if they are run down or not) because thats just morally NOT RIGHT. You really don't have a life if you wanna put down other places because your bored. Espically on the computer.
Uhhhh

Arlington, VA

#7 Oct 16, 2009
<quoted text>
It says nothing about Herkimer being "RUN-DOWN" IDIOT. I read it, and now I can call you both Idiots. Never said it was a "phantom post"... so why don't you try reading my statement before replying with that statement. Im not defending Herkimer, Im defending the buisness's (if they are run down or not) because thats just morally NOT RIGHT. You really don't have a life if you wanna put down other places because your bored. Espically on the computer.
...and since you're such a brain trust, where did I say that the article DID say Herkimer was rundown??? All I said was that he was agreeing with an article, NOT a post that didn't exist, and NOT ONCE did I say what the article said. Please don't try to save your obvious error by compounding it, loser. You weren't smart enough to notice that there was an article in the first place dude, you're CERTAINLY not smart enough to come up with a plausible excuse for your stupidity.
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Oct 16, 2009
<quoted text>
All because you'd been corn holed by your step father doesn't give yous the right to decide what is and what's not RIGHT. You piece of sh1t.
These Type Of People

New York, NY

#9 Oct 19, 2009
You just keep going on and on.. LOL..Is this your life? Fighting with people on Topix and creating conversations putting down other places? If you WANT to live your life like that.. nobody will stop you.. but I just want to help you because it seems you have some serious issues/problems.
huh

United States

#10 Oct 20, 2009
Then why are you on here posting?
Jesus Jones

Herkimer, NY

#11 Oct 20, 2009
You just keep going on and on.. LOL..Is this your life? Fighting with people on Topix and creating conversations putting down other places? If you WANT to live your life like that.. nobody will stop you.. but I just want to help you because it seems you have some serious issues/problems.
You can only help people that want to help themselves. Most of the people on here really don't want help. They're just like you and me posting opinions and crap that means nothing to the majority of the human race. People don't understand venting anymore. Stop taking this crap all so seriously and view it as entertainment. That's what it is. Nothing more. Now if you have a ton of money you want to throw my way, that would really help me out!
These Type Of People

New York, NY

#12 Oct 20, 2009
Jesus Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only help people that want to help themselves. Most of the people on here really don't want help. They're just like you and me posting opinions and crap that means nothing to the majority of the human race. People don't understand venting anymore. Stop taking this crap all so seriously and view it as entertainment. That's what it is. Nothing more. Now if you have a ton of money you want to throw my way, that would really help me out!
I don't give the Herkimer Main Streeters money anymore, sorry..but they (and yourself) will go into hibernation soon.. winters'a comin!:) And it is all serious stuff.. putting down other peoples lives isnt entertainment.. except to the lowlifes who want to do it on here. People who start these types of topic's are lowlifes because they have nothing better to dwell about, so they pick somebody, something, some buisness to put down and then they put it down for no reason whatsoever because what? They don't have a job, living off the rest of the people in the town and type to people on topix all day long? You need help.
These Type Of People

New York, NY

#13 Oct 20, 2009
huh wrote:
Then why are you on here posting?
I haven't posted since last friday, I don't sit on here waiting for other people to type back to me so I can type back and think im Hot Sh_t. I don't sit on the computer for long hours dwelling about Herkimer or any place, fighting with these lowlifes. I come on occasion to see what these weridos are talking about now.
retail

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2009
<quoted text>
I haven't posted since last friday, I don't sit on here waiting for other people to type back to me so I can type back and think im Hot Sh_t. I don't sit on the computer for long hours dwelling about Herkimer or any place, fighting with these lowlifes. I come on occasion to see what these weridos are talking about now.
Yeah, I agree with you. they are a bunch of weirdos that live for this site.
lalala

Constableville, NY

#15 Oct 20, 2009
so i'm moveing to copenhagen soon dont make me think ya all have a bad town.so what are some good restaurants you have up there? I was thinking of trying jacobs place are there pizzas and what not any good? whatother restaurants do ya all got up there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wwny (Sep '13) 15 hr Anonymous 7
Looking for information on a soldier, for lost ... 15 hr Lost and found 4
Beginner golf course in Watertown Sun John 1
News Pair accused of taking bicycle in Watertown Sun Justice 1
News Lowville attorney plans challenge of two-term L... Aug 26 just watch 13
what do we think of fort drum soldiers (Mar '11) Aug 21 Vyv 45
Evans Mills woman accused of identity theft Aug 21 Concerned 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Black River Mortgages