Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2013

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Why all of a sudden are people bashing the small town places to go have a relaxed meal and drink? I have never seen a bad word on here about "Jacobs" "The Davenport" or "Town Talk" until now, WOW REALLY?! Almost seems as if someone is trying to stir shit up!Get a life people, if you have to bash other business to create some for yourself, then you are a sad sad excuse for a business owner (and I think we all know who I am referring too here). Not to mention, as a resident that has been to ALL of the establishments in this small town, I can say that for the newest place, you should choose your staff a bit better. Maybe not have an over weight sweaty server, serve your food to you... just a suggestion, eewww never again! Oh, and one more thing, you may want to rethink the drink prices for such a small glass of soda, that is not even refillable. You have a small small super small glass, FILLED with ice, and it get's drank in 2 sips, then you charge like $2.00 for that and it's NOT free refills, who are you kidding!
hmm

Auburn, NY

#2 Aug 15, 2012
what new place opened in copenhagen
Copenhagen Resident

Liverpool, NY

#3 Aug 21, 2012
People are not all of sudden bashing the places. People have been bashing the Davenports waitress for years and she cost them many local patrons. The Town Talk has always be nothing but a gossip club gathering who have never even tried to extend their business to other people in town and Jacobs has always had mixed reviews. The Cottage Inn has opened back up for business and they are trying hard to make a go of it. I do agree that their drinks both soda and mixed drinks are way to small. If your eating in the dining room, there should be refills or at least a much larger glass. Come on, soda is not that expensive to serve. Also, the bar menu could use some changing. Not really fitting for the area. But they deserve a fair go of it. I was there once to eat and did not see the sweaty waitress. There did seam to be too many servers running around in such a small place though. Food was not bad.
lmalonefreak

Carthage, NY

#4 Aug 25, 2012
Copenhagen Resident wrote:
People are not all of sudden bashing the places. People have been bashing the Davenports waitress for years and she cost them many local patrons. The Town Talk has always be nothing but a gossip club gathering who have never even tried to extend their business to other people in town and Jacobs has always had mixed reviews. The Cottage Inn has opened back up for business and they are trying hard to make a go of it. I do agree that their drinks both soda and mixed drinks are way to small. If your eating in the dining room, there should be refills or at least a much larger glass. Come on, soda is not that expensive to serve. Also, the bar menu could use some changing. Not really fitting for the area. But they deserve a fair go of it. I was there once to eat and did not see the sweaty waitress. There did seam to be too many servers running around in such a small place though. Food was not bad.

The waitress you are referring to at the Davenport retired at least 6 months ago. She was loud, but never rude to us. The new waitress is OK.... She needs to pay attention to everyone seated at her tables and not just the men, but it wasn't a horrible experience at least.

We were told the cottage inn only serves burgers, chicken wings and bar foods. Is this not true? We may try it out if they serve dinners. I am just not a fan of fried food.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2012
All i can say is i hope they learn as they go and make a good of it!
phil

Gloversville, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2013
They must not be from hagen to bash these places. Leave em alone n go back to where u came from

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
end of season 8 hr bystander 3
MS tattoos Aug 30 Dan s 4
the pet zone watertown mall (Nov '12) Aug 30 Izzy 8
Thomass kiernan (Nov '13) Aug 29 Tom Kiernan Decor 8
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Buffalo, Rochester ranked among 10 largest East... (Aug '12) Aug 27 Jazz minded 3
•••
•••
Black River Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Black River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Black River People Search