122nd Assembly Candidates Talk Career...

122nd Assembly Candidates Talk Career Choices

There are 7 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from Oct 19, 2010, titled 122nd Assembly Candidates Talk Career Choices. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

The 122nd Assembly District candidates at a debate here Monday night differentiated themselves more by their career choices than their politics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

Not Stupid

Boonville, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2010
So McGrath left the North Country because he was one of the"best and brightest". Talk about arrogance! I stayed and I resent the implication made by McGrath that those of us who chose to stay here and make a life are second rate in any manner.
McGrath is here to save us? I don't need his help!
Not Stupid

Boonville, NY

#2 Oct 19, 2010
Sorry for the double post.
Stupid

Boonville, NY

#3 Oct 19, 2010
This guy is a real genious. Says he grew uo on a farm...uh, I don't believe that!
greenacres

Boonville, NY

#4 Oct 20, 2010
I came from New York City to save you hill billies!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Blankenbush is equally arrogant for insinuating that there is a good job in this area for anyone who is willing to stay.
Really

Dallas, TX

#6 Oct 20, 2010
All politicians are liars get rid of them all.
Not Stupid

Boonville, NY

#7 Oct 20, 2010
There certainly aren't high paying specialty jobs. My point was that I made a decision to stay here, knowing this and giving up a chance at higher pay elsewhere. Why? I love the area, the rural atmosphere and environment and my decision was to stay.
McGrath chose to leave. Does that make him the "best and the brightest"? Not in my book. Lewis County can't provide high powered attorney jobs or jobs for brain surgeons- that's just the way it is. Can things be improved? Maybe- but that is more a function of our national economy than a granstanding politician that wants us to think he's our saviour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... Jun 24 Nudes 4
News Traveling nurse cleared of stealing meds from W... (Dec '13) Jun 11 Smitty 4
News Watertown man sentenced to up to 3 years in pri... Jun 11 harold pearson 1
being evicted after being told he can stay man ... (May '15) May '15 crushed 2
News Watertown man to fight charges from late-night ... (Aug '14) Oct '14 A friend 2
News Divers to assist in search for body of drowned ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Riparian 2
Review: Cesario Vincent Doctor (Apr '14) Apr '14 satisfied 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Black River Mortgages