Black Mountain car dealerships close ...

Black Mountain car dealerships close | NEWS | Asheville CITIZEN

There are 107 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Black Mountain car dealerships close | NEWS | Asheville CITIZEN. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

After months of financial turmoil, Black Mountain Ford and Black Mountain Chevrolet are closing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Since: Feb 07

Albermarle

#86 Mar 14, 2008
Scottsdale AZ wrote:
IS this the condo, yes it is and they owned it.
http://www.beverly-hanks.com/propertysearch2/...
No it isn't

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Since: Feb 07

Albermarle

#87 Mar 14, 2008
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Dayum,
These guys cracked it wide open! I wonder what other public domain, 411 these Columbo's can find? It's not like they're address was unknown! No one was hiding. Super-sleuths! LOL!
Let the magpies chatter.
Reasonable....

Why r u agruing with people who know nothing about the actual incedents...

Please refrain from playing with the trolls.

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#88 Mar 14, 2008
Transplanted wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasonable....
Why r u agruing with people who know nothing about the actual incedents...
Please refrain from playing with the trolls.
I know, Trans. It's just that it wouldn't be too long before they found out that J&S owned the ENTIRE Battery Park building outright and that they're not really in AZ but cruising the Med as we speak on their 90' Ferretti, loaded with purloined Corvettes to sell on the Libyan black market. Moammar's favorite color is green.
azzclown

United States

#89 Mar 14, 2008
George wrote:
By the way, how did we get politics interjected into a story about 2 car dealerships going bust???
Because it is Bush's fault!! LOL
Scottsdale AZ

Asheville, NC

#90 Mar 14, 2008
So if the information is so widely available, why would you say it was listed under 1 mil and that they didn't own it?

Since: Dec 07

Asheville

#91 Mar 14, 2008
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, Trans. It's just that it wouldn't be too long before they found out that J&S owned the ENTIRE Battery Park building outright and that they're not really in AZ but cruising the Med as we speak on their 90' Ferretti, loaded with purloined Corvettes to sell on the Libyan black market. Moammar's favorite color is green.
Dammit...they usually take me.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Since: Feb 07

Albermarle

#92 Mar 14, 2008
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, Trans. It's just that it wouldn't be too long before they found out that J&S owned the ENTIRE Battery Park building outright and that they're not really in AZ but cruising the Med as we speak on their 90' Ferretti, loaded with purloined Corvettes to sell on the Libyan black market. Moammar's favorite color is green.
How bout that Yacht? You ever been on one as nice?

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#93 Mar 14, 2008
Transplanted wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout that Yacht? You ever been on one as nice?
Not since they sold the 65' last year. It WAS a tad cramped and no helopad, either.

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#94 Mar 14, 2008
Lake28804 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit...they usually take me.
I'm pi$$ed I couldn't go either. This is a second honeymoon of sorts, so, no strap-hangers THIS time. You're still in.
Scottsdale AZ

Asheville, NC

#95 Mar 14, 2008
There is no room on the yacht with all the corvettes loaded.

Since: Nov 07

Barnesville, OH

#96 Mar 14, 2008
This should make it easier for GM and Ford on deciding which dealerships to shut down!

Sorry too hear about the emplyees though!

Since: Dec 07

Asheville

#97 Mar 14, 2008
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pi$$ed I couldn't go either. This is a second honeymoon of sorts, so, no strap-hangers THIS time. You're still in.
Whew...good deal. I was worried there for a few. I keep my Louis Vuittons packed just in case there is a last minute invite to Skorpios. You never know...
Thatcarguy

United States

#98 Mar 14, 2008
why do customers always want to negotiate price on used cars? It's really not the Carsales men that like to play the games. Most people play games to lower the price.
Prev Employee

Walstonburg, NC

#99 Mar 15, 2008
The real person to blame is Jamie Warren. The dealership was doing fine until Gregg Percoco passed away in Dec 2006. Jamie Warren came in and ran the store into the ground....He was a part owner and Jim thought he had it under control..By the time Jim found out how bad the dealership had become it was to late. Jamie was told to leave...He is still out there working in other dealerships. He should be locked up.....The person I feel the worst for is Gregg Percoco's wife. She will never get he money back. Gregg was a great boss and a good man.
Financial Guy

United States

#100 Mar 16, 2008
I work in a Car dealership and the average person doesn't realize just how much money it takes to run a one. A small dealership can sell 40-50 cars a month. Any of these car deals can force the dealer to put up over $100k in capital to make maybe a few hundred or a few thousand dollars. I know from personal experience that many times the dealership I work at can have $300K to $400K out at any given time and we are a small dealership.

People will get their cars paid off by Zurich, the insurance agancy. They need to contact them and make a claim. Zurich was the insurance company for Black Mountain Chevy and Ford. This is truly a tragady for everyone involved. No dealer spends 8-9 million dollars to buy and run a dealership only to scam the citizens of the area. I read a story on google News that said the owners only had about $400K in working capital. That is an incredibly small amount of money to work with. My thoughts go out to the customers and the employees. Nothing good comes from any business closing.
Dennis Justice

United States

#101 Mar 16, 2008
Do a YouTube search for "Baltimore car ad." Most honest car ad ever.(NOT for gentle ears. You were warned. Don't complain to me.)
Financial Guy

United States

#102 Mar 16, 2008
Dennis Justice wrote:
Do a YouTube search for "Baltimore car ad." Most honest car ad ever.(NOT for gentle ears. You were warned. Don't complain to me.)
Is that the "Get Your "F***ing" Check Book." I love that thing...it's really funny.
former employe blk mtn

Arden, NC

#103 Mar 17, 2008
Prev Employee wrote:
The real person to blame is Jamie Warren. The dealership was doing fine until Gregg Percoco passed away in Dec 2006. Jamie Warren came in and ran the store into the ground....He was a part owner and Jim thought he had it under control..By the time Jim found out how bad the dealership had become it was to late. Jamie was told to leave...He is still out there working in other dealerships. He should be locked up.....The person I feel the worst for is Gregg Percoco's wife. She will never get he money back. Gregg was a great boss and a good man.
Well you are getting close as long as gregg was alive he kept it under control, he died and in steps jamie alog with jim g PARTY TIME!!!!And whos wifr is jamie with? SL
American

United States

#104 Mar 17, 2008
former employe blk mtn wrote:
<quoted text> Well you are getting close as long as gregg was alive he kept it under control, he died and in steps jamie alog with jim g PARTY TIME!!!!And whos wifr is jamie with? SL
Well, for all I know, he could be with my estranged wife. I ain't seen her in ten years.
prev employee

United States

#105 Mar 18, 2008
I have no idea who's wife Jamie is with. I know he went MIA at the Dodge store he was at. And another failed attempt at re-hab. I wonder where the good employees will land. I dont understand why they stayed so long. Everyone knew the direction the store was going in. I know they were promised the store would be sold and the new owner would keep them, but they also knew the person telling them this had no control. Can anyone go after Jamie for any of this..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best little town in North Carolina? (May '08) Fri Murphy Mama 165
united air temp scam Feb 4 Becky 1
Kyle Fleischmann (May '11) Feb 3 Omg 9
Valentines Day Feb 3 I lovebm66 1
News Legislators say juvenile center needed in WNC (Jan '09) Feb 3 Frankie H 31
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Feb 3 Disintegrating IBM 296
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Feb 2 Timmy_ 4,868
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Black Mountain Mortgages