TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Our republikan NC legislature is really helping NC "save" money right now. They just voted down receiving 800 million dollars of federal money to pay insurance premiums for poor people who cannot afford insurance. Also, they just voted to lower the maximum unemploymewnt payments to $350 starting this summer. That eliminates $ 2 billion more federal dollars coming into NC for unemployed persons to buy groceries, medicine etc. So, to make a political statement, republikans just cut off the flow of $2,800,000,000 dollars into NC. Exactly how that will improve our economy hasnt been considered.( it is like shooting the economy in the foot) I just wish republikans would stop "helping" so much.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
Our republikan NC legislature is really helping NC "save" money right now. They just voted down receiving 800 million dollars of federal money to pay insurance premiums for poor people who cannot afford insurance. Also, they just voted to lower the maximum unemploymewnt payments to $350 starting this summer. That eliminates $ 2 billion more federal dollars coming into NC for unemployed persons to buy groceries, medicine etc. So, to make a political statement, republikans just cut off the flow of $2,800,000,000 dollars into NC. Exactly how that will improve our economy hasnt been considered.( it is like shooting the economy in the foot) I just wish republikans would stop "helping" so much.
Government Assisted Phone
www.assurancewireless.com
Get a Free Phone & Monthly Plan. See if You Qualify for One Today! I went and read some info on what you posted, this ad was at the top of the page. I thought interesting, but I'm weird.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I live on 8400 dollars a year.Once you learn how to do it,its not a problem.Just have to be disciplined.Folks, I guarantee you food stamp fraud is widespread.I know many, many people who get food stamps.Sold, for fifty cents on the dollar.Almost EVERY ONE of them sells at least part of their food stamps.Some, sell all.Drugs aren't free.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF, would not the state of North Carolina have to PAY that 800 million dollars back?
Wow

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I live on 8400 dollars a year.Once you learn how to do it,its not a problem.Just have to be disciplined.Folks, I guarantee you food stamp fraud is widespread.I know many, many people who get food stamps.Sold, for fifty cents on the dollar.Almost EVERY ONE of them sells at least part of their food stamps.Some, sell all.Drugs aren't free.
Are you part of the novolog insulin thread?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I live in the trenches.According to the govt.I live in poverty.So, of course, almost everyone I know gets a govt.check, plus food stamps.Of the twenty two people here that I know get govt.checks, nineteen of them are drug addicts.Most of their money and food stamps go to support their habits.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you part of the novolog insulin thread?
A fast acting insulin analog (marketed by Novo Nordisk as "NovoLog/NovoRapid") is a man-made form of human insulin. A single amino acid has been slightly changed in its molecular structure. This change helps the fast-acting insulin analog absorb quickly into the bloodstream. As a result, it starts working in minutes, which allows you to take insulin and eat right away. Fast-acting insulin analogs are considered to act similar to the way insulin is released in people without diabetes mellitus.

No, glad of it, too.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't afford to buy just how does that help the economy? What good is a lot full of $30k cars to a dealer who can't sell them? Or anything alse for that matter. I'm sure most of you here have more than one car, home, tv and all the latest gadgets. Imo, our elected officials and cooperate America need to take a pay cut and the minimum wage should be set at $10.00 per hour. In order for entitlement programs to be cut the scale needs to be tipped.
I'm not quite sure why I expected a different response than the one you gave....I assumed you were above the "dumb masses" post I gave earlier.
First, you respond as if everyone earns minimum wage, they don't! Most people make above minimum wage, therefor they can buy the things they need and want, although most can't afford both which is why they're up to their asses in debt!
Second, your opinion shows you've been indoctrinated by the Commucrats' collectivism, class warfare, propaganda machine. As far as the elected officials there just that, elected! Don't vote them back in. As far as corporate America, why should they have to take a pay cut? They earned where they're at today, why punish them for the hard work and the sacrifices it took to reach that platuea while rewarding those at the bottom that have done nothing to improve their situations? That's communist class warfare 101.
What happened to self responsibility, taking responsibility for your actions and paying the consequences for the bad decisions you've made?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
The wealthy in this country don't NEED any of these things either, they just WANT them. They can have muliples of all these things, some which may be rarely used, but that's okay, let's cut entitlements so we can have even more.
Who are you to say what someone else needs?
Cutting entitlements isn't about making the rich richer, that's absurd. It's about taking the power away from govt and putting it back into the hands of those that need help and allowing them to use that power to rise from poverty.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>A $9 minimum wage would crush an already struggling economy. Keep in mind this proposal came from a man that has never ran a business or passed a budget.
Here here

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree. I did some reading yesterday and the Catholic Church may be headed for bankruptcy, due to lawsuits against them for sexual abuse of children by priests. Do you think that abolishing the vow of celibacy within the church might stop or slow this abuse?
No

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Increasing the minimum wage has benefits to the US treasury also.
If minimum wages increase to $9, the social security taxes on the minimum wage will increase from 86 cents to $1.12. 56 cents of that comes from the employee's check and .56 cents has to be paid by the employer. So that is an increase of SS taxes of 30.2.% for the government and 25.8 % for the employee and 26% increase in cost for the employer. So in helping the worker, our government is also helping itself but at the expense of the employer. The balance is when there are no more jobs for workers, theye is no more money for the government to pay unemployment. I am very apprehensive when someone decides to "help" me because usually, they are going to help themselves more. However, if I cannot afford to pay someone $10 per hour, I will just do the work myself or not even do the work.
Exactly. If you raise the minimum wage then you are essentially raising the "bar" as to what is considered poverty.

Not to mention that the current employees will begin to address their current pay rate and the fact that they are no longer paid at a livable wage with them being just above the new poverty line.

The most concerning point is all of these cost WILL be passed on to the consumer.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
Sounds as someone is FINALLY being fiscally responsible!!

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
TSF, would not the state of North Carolina have to PAY that 800 million dollars back?
Yes
Swanson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Yeah,$84OO a year. That's what the taxpayers are paying degenerates on an SSI "Combo From Sambo" Retard/Nut/Lazy Checks every year and more. Lifetime fraudsters like you know a lot about fraud and bilking the taxpayers.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't afford to buy just how does that help the economy? What good is a lot full of $30k cars to a dealer who can't sell them? Or anything alse for that matter. I'm sure most of you here have more than one car, home, tv and all the latest gadgets. Imo, our elected officials and cooperate America need to take a pay cut and the minimum wage should be set at $10.00 per hour. In order for entitlement programs to be cut the scale needs to be tipped.
More importantly why have automobile prices increased 20% when the economy is not growing?

Elected officials should be doing it for free. The original members of congress only received a per diem of $6.00 per session. It wasn't until 1855 that they began to receive an annual salary.

Why does corporate America need salary cuts?

How will raising the minimum wage to $10 an hour tip the scale of entitlements?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Allen I don't know what media outlet you scanned, but the Catholic Church IS FAR FROM BANKRUPT! I'm going to dig around a bit and see if I can come up with some non biased facts regarding their financial situation.
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I agree that the free phones carry the nanny state thing too far.
The legislature refusing the federal money has nothing to do with the phones.
The NC legislature refusing the federal money DOES NOT SAVE THE USA ONE CENT because it will be spent somewhere else. Refusing the money does hurt NC and it does eliminate money that our hard pressed poor people could certainly use to good benefit. Refusing the money and hurting only our own citizens does not hurt democrats or Obama. It does illustrate the republikan mentality or should I say, the lack thereof. Its the same kind of thinking that would motivate Caldwell republikans to give out millions of free money to millionaires and then throw a poor hungry child's school lunch in the trash because she was 10 cents short of being able to pay.
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Government Assisted Phone
www.assurancewireless.com
Get a Free Phone & Monthly Plan. See if You Qualify for One Today! I went and read some info on what you posted, this ad was at the top of the page. I thought interesting, but I'm weird.
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

In a few years , when the feds stop the program, then NC would have to pick up the cost after that time. That is the only quasi reasonable explaination for the refusal.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Yea, right!!! Like when they gave an ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax BREAK to each and every attorney in each and every law firm in the entire state of NC .
Refusing the money could be viewed as responsible IF the money had been applied to the national debt principal, but that will not happen. All it does is make NC poor the whipping boy for the republikans. That attitude is why they are the party of stupid. They are just being republikans, another word for assholes.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds as someone is FINALLY being fiscally responsible!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Black Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 26 min chalk boy 238
looking for smurfs 28 min Papa 4
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads 29 min Whinn 12
bggb 9 hr guest 35
Apraxia 17 hr Wyatts warriors 1
lookin for that boy. where's he at 23 hr diogenetically su... 15
US Miltia Shooting Illegal Aliens As They Cross... Mon Vagoo softie 6

Search the Black Mountain Forum:
•••
•••