Lack Of Building Codes Has Some Worried

Lack Of Building Codes Has Some Worried

There are 5 comments on the KPHO-TV Phoenix story from Oct 11, 2008, titled Lack Of Building Codes Has Some Worried. In it, KPHO-TV Phoenix reports that:

Some Yavapai County homes are falling apart, according to the people who own the houses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPHO-TV Phoenix.

Scott

Tempe, AZ

#1 Oct 12, 2008
We have building codes here. We do not need any more rule&regulations,Planing &zoning shud be abolished,they breath good air&eat good food that productive people could use
kim barrie

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 16, 2008
Don't that have an elementary school in Black Canyon City?

Since: Sep 08

Crown King, AZ

#3 Oct 18, 2008
Yes, hit do have a good skool chere. But a fella or gal can not like planig & zonig & still be edumacated.
If there was planig & zonig in the homestedding & settler days to the ridickulus degree they has now, with them fools deciding how we should do what, that jest moved here, from somewheres else there wouldn't be no settling a-tall!!!
B-C-C resident since 1981

Redmond, WA

#4 Oct 19, 2008
I remember when the new homes were being built in Black Canyon City, AZ. I have no Idea which builder that hired kids to work. He had a few local kids doing some of the work most would consider the cosmetic things and Painting. That little tid bit encouraged me to be slightly skeptical of the quality. As far as the water leaks spoke of in the story. Most of the homes have been built on steep inclines. One good storm here would make a person skeptical of the terrain and location they built. Or just not mind having a damp garage floor every few years or so.
no more government

Madison, WI

#5 Mar 26, 2009
It all comes down to the homeowner doing their homework and being responsible for their decisions of either buying a house, or contracting a builder. We have building codes here, and that still doesn't guarantee the house will be any better. There can still be large cracks in cement, gaps around windows. All the codes do is make i more difficult for homeowners to do projects themselves, and add thousands of dollars to the expense of a house, and more people to the government payroll

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Canyon City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Cordes Lakes Jan 29 Ari 1
News Eight Times U.S. Judges Squashed Arizona's Atte... (Apr '16) Jan '18 AIPAC yidfellas 5
“Spring Valley.… students … yelled racial slurs... Dec '17 Caltrop 1
News Man found dead after Peoria house fire (Jun '12) Dec '17 Anonymous 7
Helicopter Nov '17 RVer 1
News Dental implants done right first time Oct '17 JWayne96 1
Calvary Chapel`s "Moral's" (Jun '17) Jun '17 Anonymous 1

Black Canyon City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Black Canyon City Mortgages