ATV rider finds dead body near I-17

ATV rider finds dead body near I-17

There are 79 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Aug 12, 2008, titled ATV rider finds dead body near I-17. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A homicide victim discovered by an ATV rider has been identified. The body of Matthew R. Hrabina, 33, a resident of Black Canyon City, was found Tuesday near Bumble Bee Road, about three miles off of Interstate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ryan Hrabina

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#63 Feb 2, 2009
I love you and allways you tought me well and live with me forever I want everone to know MATT ment alot to me and will allways live with me and till I die I will never be the same
Ryan Hrabina

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#64 Feb 2, 2009
matt is my hero I hope every one reads this I base my life on matt ya MATT he tought me how to ride i wish i could be with him now next life
ESF

United States

#65 Apr 14, 2009
Looks like the dirt bag finally realized he will not get away with what he has done, 20 years wont justify what he did, but a long 20 years in a 7x12 concrete hole wont be fun....to bad...and F!@# off to all you people who said he was not guilty...Forbis = shit..
SISTER

United States

#66 May 8, 2009
Shannon wrote:
Let me point out that the people speaking badly about Matt do not know how to spell or speak correctly! What does that say about you?
I have good memories of Matt and am so sad about this whole situation. He will be missed and I send my love to his family and friends!
SO TELL ME THIS,
YOU GUYS ALL SAID "WERE GONNA BE THERE!! WERE GONNA WATCH HIM GO DOWN FOR LIFEE!! WELL BE IN THAT COURT ROOM!!" ETC ETC ETC..BLAH BLAH BLAH!
WHERE WERE YOU GUYS? WHY DIDNT ANY OF YOU "BADASSES" SHOW UP? WHERE WERE YOU TO SUPPORT MATT?! huh where were you?!
badass

Peoria, AZ

#67 May 11, 2009
To sister who said SO TELL ME THIS,
YOU GUYS ALL SAID "WERE GONNA BE THERE!! WERE GONNA WATCH HIM GO DOWN FOR LIFEE!! WELL BE IN THAT COURT ROOM!!" ETC ETC ETC..BLAH BLAH BLAH!
WHERE WERE YOU GUYS? WHY DIDNT ANY OF YOU "BADASSES" SHOW UP? WHERE WERE YOU TO SUPPORT MATT?! huh where were you?!
We were there for Matt so don't say shit. We saw the sister cry like she was losing her lover well now she knows how the friends and family feel. Cody is guilty now and will always be a dirt bag.
ESF

United States

#68 May 18, 2009
The little forbis sister will never know how we (Matts friends and family) feel. Cody's not dead he just wishes he was.....Im sure he will want to kill himself before his 20 years are up. Hopefully he does...I dont think our tax dollars should keep scum like him alive any way.
nick w

Euclid, OH

#69 Aug 7, 2009
matt H my dude rip.to all my hommies in phoenix black canyon city anthem we knew matt was a great person to be around and to anyone who thinks otherwise tell um i said FUCK YOU look if i ever find out anyone else had a part in this shit i will c u.....i miss u matt and all the great times we had and to the ones we never got to have i love u brotha..
Kaylie Forbis

Tempe, AZ

#70 Aug 13, 2009
badass wrote:
To sister who said SO TELL ME THIS,
We were there for Matt so don't say shit. We saw the sister cry like she was losing her lover well now she knows how the friends and family feel. Cody is guilty now and will always be a dirt bag.
losing my lover? no dumbass my B R O T H E R.
Evelyn Bass

Tempe, AZ

#71 Aug 13, 2009
I don't know either family members personally, but I'm disgusted that in 2009, people are defending a drug dealing child molester. And then blaming it on a child. She was 13 at this time, she wasn't responsible for herself and didn't know better in a situation like that. May god watch over all of your children that this tragedy doesn't happen to them, since you feel this was okay. My prayers go out to both families. And may god forgive you all for your horrible beliefs.
Badass Number Two

Mesa, AZ

#72 Aug 13, 2009
I went to school with Cody for a couple years and even back then he was kind of twisted and sadistic
What he did was very very wrong and 20 years was not nearly enough
I also dont think he did it on his own but that doesn't matter anymore
I don't know who you are Evelyn Bass but you don't know what happened so you need to shut up
If you are responsible enough to have sex then you are responsible for your actions
And she also cried rape after she fucked him so yes this IS her fault
Matt was a good guy who briefly went down the wrong path
Him doing drugs wasn't a good decision on his part but it doesn't make it okay to kill him
He also was not a child molester, Kaylie is a fuckin whore and will open her legs to anyone so really if Matt was a child molester than half of this town can be labeled the same
And to Kaylie when badass said you were crying like you lost your lover she meant you were crying like a bitch
It wouldn't surprise me if you were fucking your own brother anyways
Your family is fucking weird and nasty like that
I can't believe you guys still show your faces in this town
Your brother is lucky he only got 20 years, he deserved to be in for life
I dont see how you can defend him after knowing that he killed someone!
I also wonder how you sleep at night knowing its all your fault that Matt is dead and your brother is in prison..
Karma will come back to get you and honestly I'm not guna feel sorry for you when it does
Bottom line is Cody is a murderer, Kaylie is a whore, and many many people lost a great friend and family member in Matthew Hrabina
The one year marking of his death just passed and it's like opening a fresh wound
Anyone who says get over it obviously hasn't lost someone they truly care about
It's a pain that never goes away
I send my prayers out to everyone who was close to Matt
I really could care less about Cody and his family and friends

I know I'm guna get a reply to this posting from someone, probably Kaylie but I dont care what anyone else has to say that is on Cody's side
Talk all the shit you want, I've said my peace and I'm done
some girl

Mount Sterling, OH

#73 Oct 23, 2009
cuz wrote:
Detectives booked Forbis into the Camp Verde Detention Facility on one count of Murder, one count of Arson, and the Unlawful Sexual Conduct with a Minor charge.
This was on bigbugnews, and you really think he is getting out. I dont feel bad for the forbis family, it seems to me from you myspace that you people are sickly santanic and disgusting, to even think that justice was served on Matt is totally unhuman. Believe me when your brother gets the death penalty Matts family and friends will be there!! Matt's children loved him unconditionally and it is really sad that they no longer have him in there life. The hardest thing for a parent to get over is that of a death of your child, especially when there life was taken from them by another human being, they will never ever heal from this and that is truely unfair, yes they will go on with there life but with a sense of loss or a question WHY, I am sure they will never ever understand as to how you think justice was served. I ask myself everyday I wonder how you would feel if the shoes were on the other foot and Cody was the one murdered and I catch myself saying they couldnt feel because they have no heart!! I surf the net and not only do you write trash on here but on others as well, why not let well enough alone, by you writing this filth it just makes you look more ignorant and guilty as well. I tried to stop myself from writing again but found compelled to get this off my chest. Matt as we look up to heaven there is a sense of feeling that you are looking down at us!! All my love
do you know these people? have you ever spoken with them? how could you possibly think you are right in ASSUMING that they do not feel? i realize you have lost someone you may have loved, and for that i am truly sorry, but these people that you are calling heartless are actually the most loving, loyal, amazing you could ever meet. that includes cody by the way...
kim

Mount Sterling, OH

#74 Dec 4, 2009
i want you people to consider the fact that you didnt know cody. you dont know his family. i do! theyre amazing people. he was just looking out for them. you would do the same thing. think about it!
Miss DGAF

Hacienda Heights, CA

#75 May 23, 2011
I dont know any of you guys however ive read all about this tragedy and honestly...kaylie has every right to be pissed off, upset, hurt, or whatever. but that doesnt mean she is a "whore" or a "slut". that means she is trying to defend her brother. No one has any right to talk badly of the FORBIS family. As for matts friends and family...im sorry for your loss, trust me i know what its like to lose a loved one. i lost my dad when i was a kid. I understand that all of you (both families) are hurt and angry but you guys should deal with this outside of the internet. Does this really solve anything? Does this bring matt back? Or get cody out of prison? NO! so stop talking shit on the forbis family. and stop talking shit on matts friends and family. May ALL of you get the closure you need. and may cody get what he DESERVES (whether that is jail or to be home with his family). Im sorry for the loss of matt but i know it sucks not being able to see a loved one everyday. and it sucks HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!
tweekerbilly

United States

#76 Sep 18, 2011
Some things never change. Still a bunch of tweekers, chomos, and weirdos in black canyon city. Long live the tweekerbilly.
Kaylie forbis

United States

#77 Oct 26, 2011
3 yeaars later people are still using something this traic for entertainment purposes? Grow up, for real. This situatio has damaged alot of people, u guys under estimate the power ur words carry, so if you werent apart of it, stay out of it.
FriendinPA

Quakertown, PA

#78 Oct 30, 2011
At least Kaylie finally came forward and admitted that Matt did not have sex with her or rape her. If it weren't for her lie, Matt would still be alive today. You are right Kaylie, words carry a lot of power and your words got a man killed.
HAHAHA

Mesa, AZ

#79 Dec 22, 2011
kaylie never came forward and said any of that. THAT would be a lie if she did. Everyone knows they had sex, plenty of times, i was there. but i dont know if he ever raped her. she doesnt talk about it like you guys think. she never even said it from the start, she wouldnt tell her mom yes and wouldnt tell her mom no, they found out because mat finally admitted it to her brother, why do you think he flipped? you guys are completely in denial, or completely oblivious.
one pissed off BITCH

Phoenix, AZ

#80 Jan 17, 2012
I didnt no matt but i do know the majority of his loved ones and all i can say is kaylie FORBIS guess what bitch you will be 18 this year hope you no how to fight ohh wait you have been on that HEROINE tooo long looks like thats a no HA HA you worthless pathetic excuse for a human HAHA all i can do is LAUGH at you, little girl!! i dont feel sorry for you or your worthless piece of shit brother cody forbis, dont worry your brothers time is coming to and end soon and then you get to go through the same pain and hurt as matts family you little bitch!! have funnnnn!!!:)
Janna johnson

United States

#82 Aug 8, 2012
Matt, i think of you everyday not a single moment goes bye that i could forget you or your sweet self!! I hope you enjoy the lil things i bring you i tried my hardest to get you justice with out being I'n all the problems makin things worse for your family, wish i could have done more!!!! I love you Matt forever and ever!!! Mauh xoxoxo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Canyon City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Cordes Lakes Jan 29 Ari 1
News Eight Times U.S. Judges Squashed Arizona's Atte... (Apr '16) Jan '18 AIPAC yidfellas 5
“Spring Valley.… students … yelled racial slurs... Dec '17 Caltrop 1
News Man found dead after Peoria house fire (Jun '12) Dec '17 Anonymous 7
Helicopter Nov '17 RVer 1
News Dental implants done right first time Oct '17 JWayne96 1
Calvary Chapel`s "Moral's" (Jun '17) Jun '17 Anonymous 1

Black Canyon City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Black Canyon City Mortgages