ATV rider finds dead body near I-17

Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A homicide victim discovered by an ATV rider has been identified. The body of Matthew R. Hrabina, 33, a resident of Black Canyon City, was found Tuesday near Bumble Bee Road, about three miles off of Interstate ...
Comments
21 - 40 of 79 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2012
Phoenix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

All I can say is that some of the comments that were made were the most ignorant, heartless, hurtful,and disrespectful things that I have ever heard in my entire life. It is never anyones place but gods to ever take someones life in to there own hands! There is a reason why society has law enforcement, and the court system. It is here to uphold the guilt or innocence of every humanbeing. That is our right no matter what our gender, race or sex! For you people to comment that he was a bad man or karma came back around. You people are so so so stupid and probably have the mentality of the person or people who murder him. Obiously your I.Q. is not very high beacause first of all you spelled Karma wrong and second of all if you understood what karma was you would know that a person doesnt take Karma into there own hand it's something spiritual that happens naturaly. I applaud your trying to be somewhat intelegent, but my 6 year old neice even knows what Karma is and how to spell it. Also you have evry right to have your ignorant thoughts but have a little bit more tact and don't share them somewhere that the family members can read. That is like pouring acid on an already open wound. Don't you feel bad at all. His three beautiful innocent children could google this one day when they are older and see these hurtfull things...don't you think they have suffered enough for something that they didn't deserve. Put yourself in there shoes. Matt was a caring loving person who had the utmost respect for everyone he met. He personaly to me was a great friend and I would never take back thoes memmorys for anything. Im glad I had the chance to get to know him and his children. I hope that they someday heal enough to realize that no matter what the situation was that caused this demented person or persons to do this that it was wrong what happened and only god may choose who was the sinner was. No one deserves to die by the hands of someone who thinks that they can take matters into there own hands and I hope this person or these people are caught and punnished. I hope that who ever was involved gets to rott for the rest of there life or lives in prison so that every day when they wake up in that jail cell they get to think about and be tourchered mentaly by there actions and why they will be there until the day that they die. R.I.P. Matt you and your family didn't deserve this and I know you will be protecting your loved ones from heaven and we will always remember your laugh and your optimistic outlook on life. I can't wait to meet up with you again someday in heaven where only the honorable will be and you at least now can be safe where you are now away from the disgusting person or people who unjustfuly took your life.
JRS

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

I knew Matt since were were kids. He was one of my brothers best friends when they were teens. We all used to go over to his house and hang out there. Since he was across the field from us. His whole family was great to be around. We would all go over there and sleep outside by the barn and have a camp fire, and listen to Def Leopard. I have no bad memories about Matt. For all the people that said something bad about Matt on here, you obviously did not know him. And I do not know if those things are true about what he did. But, that is not for you to decide or judge him on. Life is precious, and some people do not realize that. That is what is wrong with the world. So to his family Im very sorry for what happened. There is nothing that can replace the life that has been taken from his family. Please have the respect... If not for him, for his kids and family... RIP Matt...
JRS

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

One more thing. This is for person that is NO COMMENT on here... Your statements that you posted on here can, and are probably are being considered as motive to commit murder. So do not be surprised if the FBI tracked your IP address from when you posted on here. Good luck buddy... Maybe thats why you have not been posting on here...
BADDEST BITCH

Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

They caught the person who did this to my loved one. God answered our prayers. may he restin peace and the real story will come out now to all you haters who said he was a bad man! as matt would say kiss his ass!
ALS

Seaford, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

As a teenager I was friends with Matt and lost touch as we grew older and further apart. However, I will forever cherish memories of fabulous youthful times spent with him. He was charasmatic and his presence was always desired by all. As a young man he was caring, kind, and you could rely on a smile from him at any time. I was deeply sadden to hear of his passing and my heart aches for the pain that his family and friends are going through. I hope that they can take solace in the fact that he will be missed.
Eric -proud friend-

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

I am so glad they got this peice of sh*t of the streets, now he can enjoy getting his punk ass beat, and butt raped while spending the rest of his crappy life behind bars, while matt sits back and laughs at his pathetic soul. As for any one else who may know anything but wants to keep their stupid pie hole shut, it's only a matter of time but you will be next...have fun rotting in hell...
Family Friend

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

PRESCOTT, Ariz.-- A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the death of a Black Canyon City resident whose body was found next to a creek bed, detectives from the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office criminal investigation section said.

Cody Forbis of Black Canyon City was booked into the Camp Verde Detention Facility Monday night for one count of murder.
Dani

Green Lane, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

It is a relief that they have made an arrest. I truely hope that justice is served swiftly so that Matt can rest in peace and his family can start the healing process knowing that the person responsible is off the streets.
NO COMMENT 2

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Eric wrote:
I know he didn't get a 14 year old girl (slut)pregnant, she shouldn't be hanging out with 30+ year old guys. If what comes around goes around then the coward scumbag that did this will get his. This group of punks better be shitting their pants for they will get what is coming to them.
14 y/o shouldnt be hanging out with him? What about him, having littl girls going in and out of his house everyday, or the 17 y/o girl sarah johnson he had living with him. He deserved what he got, and yes he was judged by his own judge and jury and if you lived in BCC youd know that, living out of state, you dont know shit about him. Its nice all of you cared so much about him, really it is, are you sure ya'll arent 14 y/o? Did he give your mommys and daddys dope as well? Did your family have "hook ups"? Like said, once again, his poor family has to clean up another one of his messes ONCE AGAIN! the ONLY one i feel bad for is his little girl, the little girl who had no business being in his hands without PARENTAL vision, something he knows nothing about seeing as he had dope comeing in all doors while his daughter was their. YOU GUYS ARENT GOING TO BE F*&^*& FROM ALL OF THIS, SHE IS. SHES GOING TO REMEMBER ALL OF THAT STUFF HE PUT HER THROUGH AND NEED TRAUMA HELP WHEN SHE GROWS UP AND REALIZES JUST HOW WRONG IT WAS THAT HE DID WHAT HE DID. and god bless her mother kari, in raising her the right way now. God bless you kari, JUSTICE IS SERVED. What goes around comes around matt, karma is a scary mother f^&^*&. MAY YOU BURN HORRIBLY!
kaylie FORBIS

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

My brother is innocent. You guys are making complete fools of yourselves. The cops arrested him with charges of his 17 year old girlfriend, and then charged it to murder with no evidence at all yet. I've kept tabs on all of this because i know the truth. I know this is all ignorant, that the lazy investigators pulled out of their asses. They admitted they didnt like coming to Black Canyon because it wasnt safe. MY BROTHER WAS DOING DOPE WITH THE BASTARD BEFORE HE DIED, THEY WERE FUCKING FRIENDS, MATTHEW RANDAL HRABINA RUINED MY FAMILY BECAUSE MY BROTHER REFUSED TO END THEIR FRIENDSHIP! and to all you people who pretended to be my brothers friend then came into our HOME and SCREWED it all up, F**K YOU! My brother is innocent, i know it, in my heart! My brother is not a killer, he is one of the coolest kids you will ever meet. HES GOING TO BE PROVEN INNOCENT, AND WHEN HE IS, IM GOING TO SHOVE IT UP EVERY ONE OF YOUR GUYSES ASS'. I LOVE YOU CODY, IM NOT GOING TO SAY GOD BLESS OR ANY BULLSHIT LIKE THAT CAUSE F**k GOD, WHERE HAS HE BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE TO HELP US THROUGH ANYTHING, BUT F***KING LIVE ON, CAUSE LIFE WILL GO ON (FOR SOME OF US) AND WE CAN KEEP HOLDING ON. WE'RE FORBIS'. I LOVE YOU, WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART. ME MOM AND DAD DONT DESERVE THIS AT ALL. WE LOST A BIG PIECE OF US WHEN THEY ARRESTED YOU, AND I CANT WAIT TO FINALLY HAVE YOU BACK EVERYNIGHT, KNOWING I CAN FALL ASLEEP CAUSE I KNOW YOULL BE OKAY SOON. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH. SO MUCH!
and yes i am the bitch whos 14 that everyone has something to say about! you all are ignorant sitting here saying "oh well no one should be able to judge or do anything but "GOD" blah blah" then who the f**k are you guys to make the threats your making. why dont you find something better to do with your lives then go after children?! huh?!
I LOVE YOU CODY. YOUR SUPPORTED TO THE MAX BY ALLL YOUR TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE KNOW YOUR INNOCENT, AND ITLL BE PROVEN SOON ENOUGH! I LOVE YOU MORE THEN ILL EVER BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN. YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON NO MATTER WHTA THESE PIECE OF SHITS HAVE TO SAY, YOU AND I AND ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO DONT LOAD OUR GLASS DICKS EVERY 5 MINUTES KNOW THIS!!
AND YES IM SORRY TO YOU BAG WHORES AND GLASS DICKS WHO DONT HAVE A DEALER ANYMORE. WAIT, IMA LREADY FUCKING OVER IT!
LOVE- Kaylie Forbis [Cody Christopher Forbis' little siter]
cuz

Skowhegan, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

This really digusts me that you would print anything like this. I figure No Comment2 is Cody's mother, you truely do not deserve to have children, no wonder they are the way they are. You guys are the ones that are tweekers, and perhaps Kaylie wanted Matt and he didnt want a part of that. We could go on and on about this, but truely it is not worth it. The authorities know what they are doing, and yes they arrested the right man. Why do you think it took so long, gathering evidence. Just because one does not live there does not mean we didnt know Matt. We will truely see when Justice is served, he will go to jail!!!!! Kaylie he is not coming home! To the rest of my family that reads this, Please do not respond anymore it will just keep it going and going, let it be they have the man and we will have the last say in court, These type of people "tweekers" thrive on this drama. Please take care and our prayers are with you all, we sadly miss you. Matt you are deeply missed and loved. This shouldnt have happened to you, but it did and time will heal but never forget, rest in peace. We Love you.
for real

Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

u really have no right to talk about my cuz or his children. u should worry about ur own family. we will see in court what happens. thank you all who prayed for our family and matty r.i.p. sorry for all this bullshit these people are puttin the family through we loved u
Joe Kirk Matts cousin

South Lake Tahoe, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

If you have then you know this girl was in fact lying about the rape. Do me a favor and get your facts straight before you start posting thing about something you evidently know nothing or very little about. Thanks
Eric-proud friend

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

No comment2. Your a dumb tweeker wh*re. You should just zip your trap. Your whole family is trash. Can't wait till the bastard gets the death penalty......Like mother like daughter f*cked up in the head, you all should be locked up and never put back into population.
Jen

Tuckerton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

Go Eric!!!! I couldn't of said it better myself. I wouldn't be surprised if his sister ended up in the cell next to him.
Jen

Tuckerton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Murder suspect faces additional, separate charges

A Black Canyon City man arrested on murder charges this week is also now facing two counts of Sexual Conduct With A Minor. 20-year old Cody Forbis was arrested was Monday on a charge of murder in the shooting death of 33-year old Matthew Hrabina. Hrabina’s body was found along Bumble Bee Road near I-17 on August 11th. Investigators say the victim and suspect knew one another, but the motive for the killing is unclear. Forbis has a Tuesday EDC court appearance on both the murder and sexual conduct charges.
Sad One

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

WOW. The things posted on here have been unbelievable. I live in BCC and know or know of all the people involved in this tragedy and have to say that it has been the most heartwrenching, emotionally draining situation I have ever witnessed. Matt was taken to the desert, beat, shot, murdered and left in the desert to rot like an animal. I feel for the family, especially his mom who can only wonder how much he suffered and how long he was in the desert alone. Matt wasn't perfect and if he did do something wrong, it is not for us to be the judge and jury although I see that has come up a lot and he "deserved" what he got. Convicted killers, child molestors and drug dealers get treated better than Matt. Some states are pushing for no more lethal injection because it is inhumane. I think Matt's treatment would definitly be considered inhumane. And I can't imagine the person or people being the ones to be able to make this judgement on Matt. I find it interesting that all these 18+ boys are hanging with these under 18 girls. Why are we not fair? And Kaylee. The language and things you said are far more beyond anything a 14 year old girl should be saying or thinking. You should be in your glorious high school days flirting with the boy who is cute in the front row. Not murder, rape and glass d+*#. My God. You don't even know what you are missing. You have skipped the most precious years and I know you aren't going to think so. But you need help. You need help and support and I hope you get it. You are just one more victim in this whole thing. You are just a child who is trying to grow up too fast and unfortunately you are on the road to be right beside your brother. I know you're intelligent and I know you are worldly but you are a child and good luck to you and my prayers will go out to you and your family. When people write on here, please remember that it may be a great place to vent your anger and sorrow but most of the things on here have been hurtful, mean and inconsiderate. Friends and family of both Matt and Codi can and may read them and just remember that both sides are hurting and both sides are suffering losses in one way or another. A lot of people are hurting and just think about that when you post on here. Please Please because a lot of people ARE reading this and why do we have to pour salt in the wound.
Rest in peace Matt. My love and forever prayers are with your family and wonderful children.
Good Luck Codi and if you are truly innocent than I wish you the best. If you can help with the case I hope you do what is right.
My hope for you Kaylee and please don't think of these words as criticism to you but really just as encouragement and try to realise and remember you are still a child regardless of what you may have already been through.Hopefully you will get help.
rayna11

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

kaylie FORBIS wrote:
My brother is innocent. You guys are making complete fools of yourselves. The cops arrested him with charges of his 17 year old girlfriend, and then charged it to murder with no evidence at all yet. I've kept tabs on all of this because i know the truth. I know this is all ignorant, that the lazy investigators pulled out of their asses. They admitted they didnt like coming to Black Canyon because it wasnt safe. MY BROTHER WAS DOING DOPE WITH THE BASTARD BEFORE HE DIED, THEY WERE FUCKING FRIENDS, MATTHEW RANDAL HRABINA RUINED MY FAMILY BECAUSE MY BROTHER REFUSED TO END THEIR FRIENDSHIP! and to all you people who pretended to be my brothers friend then came into our HOME and SCREWED it all up, F**K YOU! My brother is innocent, i know it, in my heart! My brother is not a killer, he is one of the coolest kids you will ever meet. HES GOING TO BE PROVEN INNOCENT, AND WHEN HE IS, IM GOING TO SHOVE IT UP EVERY ONE OF YOUR GUYSES ASS'. I LOVE YOU CODY, IM NOT GOING TO SAY GOD BLESS OR ANY BULLSHIT LIKE THAT CAUSE F**k GOD, WHERE HAS HE BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE TO HELP US THROUGH ANYTHING, BUT F***KING LIVE ON, CAUSE LIFE WILL GO ON (FOR SOME OF US) AND WE CAN KEEP HOLDING ON. WE'RE FORBIS'. I LOVE YOU, WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART. ME MOM AND DAD DONT DESERVE THIS AT ALL. WE LOST A BIG PIECE OF US WHEN THEY ARRESTED YOU, AND I CANT WAIT TO FINALLY HAVE YOU BACK EVERYNIGHT, KNOWING I CAN FALL ASLEEP CAUSE I KNOW YOULL BE OKAY SOON. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH. SO MUCH!
and yes i am the bitch whos 14 that everyone has something to say about! you all are ignorant sitting here saying "oh well no one should be able to judge or do anything but "GOD" blah blah" then who the f**k are you guys to make the threats your making. why dont you find something better to do with your lives then go after children?! huh?!
I LOVE YOU CODY. YOUR SUPPORTED TO THE MAX BY ALLL YOUR TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE KNOW YOUR INNOCENT, AND ITLL BE PROVEN SOON ENOUGH! I LOVE YOU MORE THEN ILL EVER BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN. YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON NO MATTER WHTA THESE PIECE OF SHITS HAVE TO SAY, YOU AND I AND ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO DONT LOAD OUR GLASS DICKS EVERY 5 MINUTES KNOW THIS!!
AND YES IM SORRY TO YOU BAG WHORES AND GLASS DICKS WHO DONT HAVE A DEALER ANYMORE. WAIT, IMA LREADY FUCKING OVER IT!
LOVE- Kaylie Forbis [Cody Christopher Forbis' little siter]
Wow you are crazy! How in god's name do you know your brother isn't guilty! How dare you talk crap about anyone on this blog! Regardless 3 children and a family are left without a father, brother, and son.So if you want to defend your brother think of everyone else! If your brother is innocent than so be it, if not he will pay and I guarantee it! And trust me you little girl don't ever call Matt a bastard your 14 just a little girl! You should believe in God cause he's the only one to help your brother out!!! No one else!So before being so f*ing rude think of the family your brother will go to jail!! Matt's family lost it all!! NOT YOU!!!!!!!
NTV

Hatfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

No Comment 2 – you talk about “parental vision”– like you would know! If you had “parental vision”, two of your children would not be in the position they are in now. Where were YOUR parenting skills? If you WERE a role model for your children, your son wouldn’t be sitting in jail right now and your daughter wouldn’t have been sent away. And let’s think for a moment that a 14 year old CHILD has an on-line user name of “Don’t Make Me Beg”– do you actually condone the sexual innuendo there??? I guess you deserve to be “mother of the year” for being such a fine, upstanding, righteous woman – NOT!!! By the way, you are WRONG that justice is served……..justice will not be served until the perpetrator of this heinous crime is convicted and burns in hell!!!!!!!!
Kaylie – you say they charged your brother with murder “with no evidence at all yet”– I can assure you that the charge would not have been made unless the authorities have evidence; I can also assure you the evidence is not in his favor. Your foul language is not going to change anyone’s opinion of your brother and is not helping matters; quite the contrary, you are just adding fuel to the fire. There is no question in my mind that you care deeply for your brother. While you reflect on what YOUR family is going through, think for one second about what the Hrabina family has endured – YOU are not looking down into the casket of YOUR lifeless brother the way Matt’s brothers did; YOUR mother and father did not have to see their son’s beaten, bruised and bloody body, the way Matt’s mother and father had to; YOUR grandparents cannot begin to fathom the loss of a grandson. What YOU may be going through pales in comparison to what Matt’s friends and family have gone through. Whether you like it or not, may God have mercy on you and your family!
Shannon

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2008

Let me point out that the people speaking badly about Matt do not know how to spell or speak correctly! What does that say about you?

I have good memories of Matt and am so sad about this whole situation. He will be missed and I send my love to his family and friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Black Canyon City Discussions

Search the Black Canyon City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Arpaio's Deputy Thinks Most Day-Laborers Ar... (Jul '12) Tue so 2
needle and the damage done Tue jil hoeseller 1
Goodwill Career Center 7/28/14 Mon Anita Job 1
About T.C. Thorstenson "OH....... THAT BUFFALO ... (Jul '10) Jul 27 Cave Creek Residant 10
Howard Stern Ba Ba booing the USA hells angels (May '13) Jul 24 Big Jim 2
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Jul 15 GeorgeKennerly 93
Chandler council moves forward with term-limit ... Jul 15 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Black Canyon City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••