Governor signs bill to keep UND Fight...

Governor signs bill to keep UND Fighting Sioux nickname

There are 63 comments on the story from Mar 17, 2011, titled Governor signs bill to keep UND Fighting Sioux nickname. In it, reports that:

North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple has signed legislation that requires the University of North Dakota to keep its Fighting Sioux nickname.

Join the discussion below, or

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Mar 17, 2011
im moving wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually were responsible for the #1 loss of US citizens on US soil (in MN..sioux uprising..look it up) until 9/11/01.
Unless you count almost any given day in the rest of the country at that time. You know, where they were fighting the Civil War. Surely you hadn't forgotten that?

Or what about the War of 1812, war the US chose to pursue?

Why wouldn't you count that? Just because it was white people doing it to each other? Because it's easier to hate another race?

Before you even think of lecturing others on history, make sure yours isn't wishful thinking.
Carbon Bigfoot

Lakeville, MN

#77 Mar 18, 2011
Guy in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
And entering a period when government tyranny forces people to do things like keep a name?
Why does the Tea Party hate America and love government tyranny? A law that says the UND can't change the name? Seriously! What a waste of time. What happened to the Tea Party and the claimed laser focus on jobs? No, instead they come up with all this stupid goofball legislation that does nothing for anyone!
If we're going to do away with correctness please allow me to address you correctly as you should be addressed. That is to say your proper name is Moron.
So, just to be consistent here, you're against the NCAA forcing the UND to change the name?

Las Vegas, NV

#79 Mar 19, 2011
My team names were censored. That should tell you how offensive they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal intervention on oil pipeline project un... Tue southern at heart 60
News Investigation launched into violent protest at ... Oct 13 Green valley resi... 3
Warning for the women of Bizmarck (Aug '15) Sep '16 Hung 6
News Peaceful Dakota Access Protesters Face Felony C... Sep '16 no pipeline permit 1
News Pipeline protesters say company's suit should b... Sep '16 no pipeline permit 1
News International Indigenous Youth Council marches ... Sep '16 no pipeline permit 1
News The uprising is about more than a pipeline Sep '16 no pipeline permit 1

Bismarck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bismarck Mortgages