Workers Needed in North Dakota

Full story: KXMD-TV Williston

With so many people already working -- some North Dakota employers are having a hard time finding enough employees.
Comments
1 - 20 of 378 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2013
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
CJ Brodehl

Minot, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2006

Judged:

I don't think the whole story is being told. I have been looking for employment since last fall and I keep hearing, "you are over qualified for the position." Just exactly what does that mean?
Dusty James

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2006

CJ Brodehl wrote:
I don't think the whole story is being told. I have been looking for employment since last fall and I keep hearing, "you are over qualified for the position." Just exactly what does that mean?
I think in means it is time to move to MN. Ya right. Good luck. Dusty
Kim Panick

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2006

well if they would pay a little more it might be easier to get employees....
Dave Dorger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2006

Come on over to Wisconsin. The pay is good and jobs are plentifull.......NOT!!!!
Elizabeth Fortun

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2006

Judged:

Dusty James wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in means it is time to move to MN. Ya right. Good luck. Dusty
Hello to everyone.
Why not to consider moving to Palm Coast, FL where housing and living costs are relatively low. That's what my family did when NY style became too expensive.

Have questions? Need advice? E-mail me liz@interlinkrealty.com

Elizabeth
CJ Brodehl

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2006

Judged:

Elizabeth Fortun wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello to everyone.
Why not to consider moving to Palm Coast, FL where housing and living costs are relatively low. That's what my family did when NY style became too expensive.
Have questions? Need advice? E-mail me liz@interlinkrealty.com
Elizabeth
FL is a nice thought. Year around work and no snow. Where do I sign up!!
CJ Brodehl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2006

What is the cost of living in FL. Where are the most preferred areas? I did just that Dusty, went to MN.
CSG

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2006

Whoever said the cost of living in Florida was low, must have lost their mind somewhere OR they don't have to pay any bills: living with momma! I live in Tampa and my homeowners insurance, car insurance, & property taxes have tripled in the past couple of years.
It's a nice place to visit but that's about the sum of it. Just too expensive here!!
Williston

Prescott Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2006

Besides working on the oil rigs, there are no other jobs in williston! thats a fact
Bryce

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2006

Besides working in fast food or retail in FARGO or BISMARCK...there are no other good paying jobs in Fargo or Bismarck! At least Oil Field jobs give young people an opportunity to make 35,000 to 100,000 in a year...pretty tough to do that in Fargo or Bismarck. I have 2 buddies who moved to Williston, and a couple more of us are going to be joing them when school gets out.
Dave

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2006

I lived in Minot for 20 years and know first hand what the work climate is like. Agriculture is king in ND and everything feeds off that.
In 2000, my computer job was sent over to India and my family and I had enough. The town has been dying for years but, no one want to face the truth. The jobs aren't there to support the new housing costs, the same people are shuffling the same businesses around town under new names with taxpayer money,and the tax base is getting ever smaller. Either people are moving out of Minot and North Dakota or they are dying there.
The town has become so dependent of the Air Force Base, that if it ever closes...last one out...hit the lights.
Kim

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2006

I checked Job Service ND, and there are lots other jobs in Williston other than working on the rigs. There are many Oil Field service industry companies desperately looking for truck drives, mechanics, welders, shop hands. I also found nursing job openings at their hospital, wholesale salesman jobs, all kinds of retail and service type jobs...so as far as "no other jobs in williston! thats a fact"...is actually NOT a fact! They just don't suit the person from Fargo.
MRIT

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2006

Bryce wrote:
Besides working in fast food or retail in FARGO or BISMARCK...there are no other good paying jobs in Fargo or Bismarck! At least Oil Field jobs give young people an opportunity to make 35,000 to 100,000 in a year...pretty tough to do that in Fargo or Bismarck. I have 2 buddies who moved to Williston, and a couple more of us are going to be joing them when school gets out.
thats a load of...crap. go to college, and you will get a decent job. oh and dont suck at seeking employment...im 21, college degree, and professioanl certs, and livin it up, here in fargo...peace
Bryce

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2006

Yeah, and there are about 1,400 people making good money in the oil field related industry up there in Williston making good wages and enjoying what they are doing. The last time I checked, working the oil rigs was a job.
DWJ

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2006

I found a job in Central ND now I need a place to live, any help for finding a place to rent in wasburn, center or around there?
Wes

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2006

I would love to get back to ND and raise my 2 soon to be 3 childeren. But I dont know how to apply for a job in the oil fields. I dont want to work 70 hours aweek at it I want to be around my kids. Anyone with any help would be appreciated, I just want out of IA!!!
Wes

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2006

im not in denver im in IA
Tim

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

Wes...go online to www.nd.gov and search by alpah. Go the jobservice nd site and go from their. You can search the data bases for job openings in every town or county in North Dakota.

shortcut below to actual site:
https://onestop.jobsnd.com/vos38000000/saintr...
KevindF

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2006

There are too many people who were sold on pursuing an unmarketable degree by tenured pointy heads.
stephanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

KevindF wrote:
There are too many people who were sold on pursuing an unmarketable degree by tenured pointy heads.
I live in Cali, and we're being over-run by the flood of illegal immagrants. Estimated 7,000+ people are leaving Southern California per month. I've often thought of moving out to ND, but being a native Californian, what can I do out there for work? I have no background in Oil Field/Rigs or whatever it is you guys are calling it. I'm an accountant. Am I too being sold on false hope?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bismarck Discussions

Search the Bismarck Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Transit survey: enter to win a $50 Amazon prize... (May '11) Jul 14 Eric-W-Koci 4
sports Jul 1 sports fan 1
Molly Bish and Maura Murray (Aug '11) Jun '14 HollandWindmills 22
Lawsuit challenges North Dakota gay marriage ban Jun '14 Abrahamanic Religions 6
Jesus Camp Jun '14 Billy 2
Police warns of texas asphalt paving gypsy's in... May '14 Paving scammers 1
Debate: Marijuana - Bismarck, ND (Aug '10) Apr '14 Brian 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bismarck Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••