Lawyer: North Dakota board can drop F...

Lawyer: North Dakota board can drop Fighting Sioux nickname

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 24, 2010, titled Lawyer: North Dakota board can drop Fighting Sioux nickname. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

North Dakota's Standing Rock and Spirit Lake Sioux tribal members have no right to block a possible change of the University of North Dakota's Fighting Sioux nickname, an assistant attorney general told the state Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

upnorth guy

Burnsville, MN

#1 Mar 24, 2010
When is enough going to be enough. I am from up north and they are proud of their nickname. I am from Scandanavian decent and should I be against the Vikings this is ridiculous. This should not ever have become an issue. Some people have way too muchtime on thier hands and attorneys get to blow things out of proportion. We as a society have slid into this.
UND Proud

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 24, 2010
SIOUX!!!!!!!

“Noses run and feet smell”

Since: Dec 08

Compton CA

#3 Mar 24, 2010
i have a twin brother, so the twins should change their name. i am white, so the white sox should change their name. i could go on forever. we as a society need stop being so sensitive and worry about the real problems facing America.
Its about time

Sunnyvale, CA

#4 Mar 24, 2010
It's not right to associate a race of people with a sports team. I think a more appropriate name could be something like "Toothless Drunkard Layabouts".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov Doug burgum Feb 9 Upstate ny 1
What does Trump mean for America? Jan 25 Bright Fire 4
News Fox Island residents express concerns over floo... Jan '18 old geezer 1
News Drunk driver takes responsibility, shares his m... Dec '17 TopMod15 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Dec '17 Recent Graduate 37
News North Dakota gets first NAACP chapter (May '09) Nov '17 Raydot 95
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Oct '17 Julia 26

Bismarck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bismarck Mortgages