Plate debate

There are 5 comments on the KXMA-TV Dickinson story from May 27, 2010, titled Plate debate. In it, KXMA-TV Dickinson reports that:

He wants to claim his atheism on his car... But, despite its policy being "silent" on the issue of religion, the North Dakota Department of Transportation says no.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMA-TV Dickinson.

P Smith

Taiwan

#1 May 27, 2010
Typical religious hypocrisy. It's "okay" if they agree with it, but "not okay" if they don't.

Anyone who says "appropriateness" is the issue had better be talking about the abuse of office, not the content on the man's license plate.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

#2 May 27, 2010
so, by her logic, how many people have to be offended by the proreligion ones to have them recalled?

is she really suggesting rule by the mob

instead of rule by law?

Since: May 10

Conroe, TX

#3 May 28, 2010
God has made us men and women and we have imprisoned our selves with the ignorance and superstition of religion.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jun 1, 2010
I'm curious about how the good people of North Dakota feel about this. Would the "IS NO GOD" plate be so upsetting that they would be willing to give up the various plates with messages that promote their own faiths?

What is your pleasure?

“Liberal and proud of it.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 2, 2010
Since they're allowing the plates "I love God" et cetera on the road, it's unconstitutional to deny this man his atheist plate. The state cannot endorse one religion over another -- even to the assertion of a deity. It's not OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Dakota gets first NAACP chapter (May '09) Nov 28 Raydot 95
What does Trump mean for America? Oct '17 He is senile 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Oct '17 Julia 26
News Pop-up Pathway connects downtown Bismarck to Mi... Sep '17 Randy karstetter 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Aug '17 ConcernedMom 36
FaceTime (Aug '14) Jun '17 Silver toung 2
News News 22 Mins Ago Senator: Army Corp told to app... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Buried Valor 28

Bismarck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bismarck Mortgages