Bismarck Fire District
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned firefighter

Ironton, MO

#1 Dec 27, 2011
Want fire protection? Get rid of the fire district board members, dissolve the fire district, and let the Bismarck fire dept operate as it always has. You can not receive protection from an entity such as the bismarck fire district when they have no equipment, no insurance, no funding and not a clue.

Take a survey, do you want to see the fire district dissved, say either "yes" or "no"
resident

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 27, 2011
yes
Im-watching-you

United States

#3 Dec 27, 2011
ABSOLUTELY!
??

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2011
Yes get rid of it!!
indian cherokee

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2011
I am happy that the district is going to get things going for the bismarck district. I say no let the bismarck fire district take over.
Im-watching-you

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2011
indian cherokee wrote:
I am happy that the district is going to get things going for the bismarck district. I say no let the bismarck fire district take over.
IF they had some kind of funding, then maybe so. But without any money, they will do more harm than good.
trailorparkmom

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 28, 2011
I say yes, don't know why we need more than 1 department anyway.
concerned firefighter

Ironton, MO

#8 Dec 28, 2011
indian cherokee wrote:
How will they provide fire protection with no funding to operate and most important no equipment ?
wheel

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2011
How do u know they have nothing? They really couldn't be a district if they have nothing.... right?
concerned firefighter

Ironton, MO

#10 Dec 29, 2011
wheel wrote:
How do u know they have nothing? They really couldn't be a district if they have nothing.... right?
They have nothing, never did. There is no funding to purchase anything. Where will they house any equipment even if they did. The district could be a good thing, just not in it's current situation.
just me

Farmington, MO

#11 Jan 2, 2012
I agree. Dissolve the district!
the truth

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 2, 2012
How about they take over the equipment that is already there.......the people voted in the fire district didn't they?
Informed

Ballwin, MO

#13 Jan 2, 2012
I say that all of the members of the district board resign and allow a judge to appoint a new board of trustees who are more focused on the business of fiscally running and sustaining a fire department. If they are all in it for the citizens then this should be a no brainer, both sides should agree. Lets have a fire district without bias and long rooted personal issues. I doubt that the current majority of the board would agree with this.

DISCLAIMER: I know I implied it should be common sense to do something like this. I also understand that the current district board has shown a lack of common sense in the past month.
just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jan 3, 2012
The fire district should have done this a long time ago The voters passed the district, now they need to pass a tax. The district errored several years ago when they tried to do what they thoy=ught was the right thing and let the fire tag funded rural association continue to operate. The citizens passed the district, elected board members, that they want to run the district. Its a democracy, if the voters dont like the board members, they can replace them in the future elections. Bonne Terre had a very similar situation in 1998, and Big River Fire Protection seems to be doing fine, and funded decently. A fire district is the best option, for it to be fair for everyone to pay their part for fire protection.
just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jan 3, 2012
The rural associations needs to do the right thing for the public, and give them the apparatus that the tag holders funded by purchasing tags for many years. The only one the rural association is hurting is the residents.
omg

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2012
You are an idiot! Read the paper, the ASSOCIATION isn't hurting anyone. The tax levy has failed numerous times in a relatively good economy compared to today economy. Do you really think that it will pass now?
dummies

Saint Charles, MO

#17 Jan 4, 2012
Do any of you realize what would happen if the district would fail? Bismarck would become a sub-station for another district with the people paying that district's tax amount, which I guarantee you, would be more than your own district would ask for.
Think before you speak. Better yet, learn things from other districts, not from the heresay of those who want to keep their little playpen going. Dickey & jackson both want the district to be consolidated. Goad will go along with Jackson because...guess who his boss is.
Maybe you like the idea of the chief's kids using magic markers on the fire trucks. It's not a daycare. What other secrets are there behind those closed doors?
Informed

Bonne Terre, MO

#18 Jan 4, 2012
@Just Saying "Big River Fire Protection seems to be doing fine"

The thing you should understand is that the Big River/Bonne Terre split was not the same thing. Big River is the rural association in the Bonne Terre Area. So if you think they are doing fine then you only help to assure the citizens that the Bismarck Fire Association can KEEP providing good fire protection as they have for some 50 years!!!

I agree that the District is the correct way to go to fund the fire department. I think that some very clever deception has been employed by Gibbons and his cronies. They have convinced everyone that they are in it for the citizens and the Association is not.

It is my opinion that both sides are really in it for the citizens. I also know that there are personal aspects that are effecting both sides. Dickey and others on the association are being scolded for "trying to keep their kingdom". Do you not understand that at the most basic level of the Gibbons cause is the same thing, he is trying to "keep his Kingdom intact."

There shouldn't be a kingdom. As long as the district board is run by members and mad ex-members of the fire department, I doubt anything that is really in the best interest of the citizens will occur.

I say it again if the District board is sincere in its cause and wants to help the citizens the Gibbons, Jellinek, Mahurin, Meador and Jackson all need to resign and allow a judge to appoint a board of community leaders to help to foster this fledgling fire department.
bullcrap

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 7, 2012
amen brother. all the ass wipes need to go and get another hobby.
firetruck

Ironton, MO

#21 Jan 8, 2012
What ya all thinking of the fire districts truck? Do you really think that is what we should depend on for fire protection?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
curious teen Fri you are the expre... 14
Iron county speed traps Fri stand down crybaby 3
News Missouri couple accused of multistate sex traff... Thu Mike D- 1
Open sign on the hill Aug 27 Concerned home owner 1
Heather Theros Aug 26 Justask 2
Best lay u ever had, guys, girls Aug 25 Jill 1
hide your kids Aug 25 ha ha ha 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bismarck Mortgages