john q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

seen it myself . the fire dept. stood in the front yard doing nothing for a long time while flames came from the house. and to top it off the house was only two blocks from the fire house and only one biamarck truck showed up
me

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

What makes it even worse is that the house that burned down belonged to a home inspector!! Wondering if he had smoke detectors in every room?? Glad no one was hurt though!!
uh oh

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

lisen to your scaners it was a ked runing comand watch at wat thay ar doing puting him in charge thay have run off all the good help git rid of the chief an lit mike have it back
Town people

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The Bismarck home inspector? Hafner?

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Yes, they had smoke detectors. No one was home to hear them. Those people just lost thier home. I feel sad for them.
lil o me

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I'm glad everyone is ok! Feel for the family!!
john q is a tool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Interesting! Last time I drove by around 7 P.M. it was still standing......
exbismarckian

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Probably because Park Hills got there in time
Get real

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

If any of you were listening to the scanners like you say you wee then you would know there were crews inside the building doing searches. Not everyone can go rushing in the house all at the same time
me

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

John q has no clue on anything. All he does is run his mouth on watever he can find negative about the fire dept. Hes probable a disgruntle ex member that cdnt do the job so now he has to bash the fire dept. Grow up get a life and move on john q.
Christy

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

John q dont you have anything else to do besides bitch about the fire department? I mean, if your so worried about it, become a fire fighter. If you can do better, then do it. Get off your lazy ass and do something.
LaDonna Haefner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes my parents had smoke detectors in every room. Thank god that my family wasn't home the fire department kept the fire to the room that it started in. I thank them for their fast response time. I want to thank everyone for their help and prayers.
john q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

ok let me set you straight. I am not a disgruntled ex member. I am however a vetran firefighter with over forty years experience. a have worked as a paid firefighter/ medic for a few large city depts. and have also been a volunteer for several depts. in several different states. I am now in my mid seventys so as much as i would like like to due to my health and age i cant fight fires anymore. I listen to my scanner and if a call is close enough i go watch. and the call wednesday on center street was by far one the worst displays of firefighting ive ever seen. first off i timed it from when the call was dispatched untill the bismarck truck arrived on scene it was eleven minutes. then from the time they arrived on scene until water was flowing was six minutes, this is completley unacceptable no matter what the excuse might be. There were no crews in the house until park hills showed up and until then all the bismarck fire dept. did was stand in the front yard and watch the flames grow larger. I dont know anyone from the fire dept. or ex fire dept. but i do know the current chief is preventing very highly qualified firefighters from volunteering there services due to personal feelings against them. I think personally this chief needs to do the right thing for the comunnity and realize he is not thw man for the job and step down. I do have video of this fire and what happend on video on my phone and it will be shown to the mayor and if he doesnt feel action should be taken to do something about this group of idiots putting us in danger should be done i will take it to the newspaper and tv news if neccesary. this was a small fire that could have been contained to a small area if the propper steps had been taken by the fire dept. but instead it turned into a very large fire that most likely destryoid this house beyond repair.
LaDonna Haefner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Mr john q do u know where I live. I would like to see this video please. If you could come by today ill be home. Thank you
To John Q

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

If you have a video then upload it to u tube and post the link John Q.
To John Q

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ms Haefner I believe he is lying. What 70 year old knows how to operate a video camera.
OU812 - DUH HUH

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

John Q is Chuck Niche..just sayin
OU812 - DUH HUH

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

and you should check your timer..cuz those times you are referring to are not accurate
stay at home mom

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I live a couple blocks away and when I heard the call I went to see what was going on. I got there about the same time the Bismarck fire dept got there. The bismarck fire man was having a hard time getting the hose off of the truck. Nothing much was going on except people standing around looking at the house until Park Hills dept arrived. Really something should be done about this before someone is seriously hurt. Oh by the way I guess Bismarck could not find the brush fire that was called out a few minutes ago. Hope Leadwood or Park Hills can help out.
stay at home mom

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

OU812 - DUH HUH wrote:
and you should check your timer..cuz those times you are referring to are not accurate
He is not the only one that listens to the scanner. Since I was there it seems to me his times are pretty close to being accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bismarck Discussions

Search the Bismarck Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AV Schools 34 min Standing 37
Jason Allen 1 hr Curious 1
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 92,009
Alderman catch Dickey in lie 12 hr member 27
Dylan Roberts 13 hr Sam 1
The Halters Would Still Be Alive If Had >>> 13 hr Reply2_CIA 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon SURPRIZE 6,870
•••
•••
•••
Bismarck Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bismarck Jobs