First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#1 Dec 17, 2012
man you people in Bismarck need a freakin life..find something else to bitch about other than the fire department..I want to get on here and waste my time reading shit from a city I dont live in and I'm tired of seeing all the fire dept crap..get over it people
Explain

Farmington, MO

#2 Dec 17, 2012
If you are not from here, then maybe you can convince them of the right way for a fire district to be run before they get hit with a hefty fine.

Do you have a fire district?

If so, explain how they run theirs. It's for this one's benefit, since they refuse to listen to their own community!
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#3 Dec 17, 2012
lol... thats a touchy topic there..yes I have been affiliated with the fire service for several years but not that particular department.

every department is different with different needs and goals, from what I have gathered there is much debate and sore feelings with this department and what it is and where it should be.

perhaps the community should come together at city meetings or maybe even board meetings for the department? not sure if that will get you anywhere but it's my first thought
Explain

Farmington, MO

#4 Dec 19, 2012
Thank you for a decent reply.
This is a Fire Protection District. Therefore, the District board should not be ruled by either Rural Fire Assoc. board or City board.
Agreed?
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#5 Dec 19, 2012
I would agree with that statement..that is the most confusing dept I have ever seen though. 3 different "depts" all in 1?? They just need to figure out a way to consolidate the whole thing and be done with all the political BS. It's the citizens who will suffer and thats a shame.
new person in Bismarck

Farmington, MO

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Just got a e-mail from the fire marshall of missouri that said you DO NOT have to buy a fire tag. You MAY donate if you want to. The district has the responsibility to manage the fire department in this town. They said the citizens of Bismarck voted for this district years ago. The little time I have been here I have seen the city of Bismarck, the rual dept and the district dept all try to be one and each give different infromation from each other. From what I have been told you have someone named Radford on the city board who is related to someone named Radford on the district board and someone named Dickey that they are trying to support. I don't know any of these people but it sounds like a big mess to me.
smartass

Farmington, MO

#7 Dec 19, 2012
These people that constantly bitch on topix are crazy, plain and simple. They do not have the brains to consolidate or get along with anyone. The phycosis get the best of them.
info requested

Leadwood, MO

#8 Dec 19, 2012
new person in Bismarck wrote:
Just got a e-mail from the fire marshall of missouri that said you DO NOT have to buy a fire tag. You MAY donate if you want to. The district has the responsibility to manage the fire department in this town. They said the citizens of Bismarck voted for this district years ago. The little time I have been here I have seen the city of Bismarck, the rual dept and the district dept all try to be one and each give different infromation from each other. From what I have been told you have someone named Radford on the city board who is related to someone named Radford on the district board and someone named Dickey that they are trying to support. I don't know any of these people but it sounds like a big mess to me.
If you just received email reply, copy and paste here with fire Marshall's name included.
confused

Farmington, MO

#9 Dec 19, 2012
this is so confusing. just buy a fire tag to be safe and get over it.
charles

United States

#10 Dec 19, 2012
confused wrote:
this is so confusing. just buy a fire tag to be safe and get over it.
you must either be on the fire dept or a complete retard. or both they seem to go hand in hand.

why.would you waste 50 bucks on a fire tag you dont need and is no better than a sheet of toilet paper. its real simple call the fire marshalls office and he will confirm you do not have to buy a fire tag. they are nothing more than a donation. thats the best way to "play it safe".
matt jackson

United States

#11 Dec 19, 2012
sounds to me like the tire shop trash is bored again and trying to stir up shit. Danny we all know when you get laid off because you start posting on her everyday. come on dont you have any thing better to do?
ivan the terrible

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 19, 2012
matt jackson wrote:
sounds to me like the tire shop trash is bored again and trying to stir up shit. Danny we all know when you get laid off because you start posting on her everyday. come on dont you have any thing better to do?
When are you going to get rid of Dickey like you been telling people?
Danny

United States

#13 Dec 19, 2012
matt jackson wrote:
For one I haven't said anything on here.. Two you really don't sound like Matt Jackson i know cause the real Matt would try to contact me like an adult. Three yes I am layed off for a while but I do have better things to do besides go on topix. Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy new year
The tire shop trash
Danny Jellinek
Betty

Farmington, MO

#14 Dec 20, 2012
OU812 - DUH HUH wrote:
I would agree with that statement..that is the most confusing dept I have ever seen though. 3 different "depts" all in 1?? They just need to figure out a way to consolidate the whole thing and be done with all the political BS. It's the citizens who will suffer and thats a shame.
I must say, that is one of the most intelligent posts I have seen on here!

Legally in year 2000, when Bismarck Fire Protection District was voted in by the people, the Rural Fire Protection Association and the Bismarck Fire Department should have been dissolved and all assets turned over to the fire district. In that way, the rural and the City's fire dept would have their honorable place in history, and the 1 governing board could concentrate on how to make things better for the district as a whole, not just the City of Bismarck.

With only 1 board to govern them, there wouldn't be all the in-fighting, nor would there be all the cliqueishness that exists because members of the board could be from all walks of life, not just from within the fire department itself.

The Fire District is a quasi-munincipal type of organization and should be run in much the same fashion as that of an ambulance district or a school district.
Funded or not, it has the same power as those districts. with a few extra powers thrown in that pertain specifically for the protection of life and property.

For example, a Fire protection District is enabled to perform home and business inspections to ensure they are up to fire codes.
A Fire Protection District has the ability to ensure that the City's water supply is adequate and all fire hydrants are in good working condition.
A Fire Protection District also has the right to request the voter's permission to pass bond issues or tax levies for funding purposes just as the college and cities have done.

And today's rural fire association fights against this. Why?
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#15 Dec 20, 2012
new person in Bismarck wrote:
why did you bring up fire tags again..that is old news..my original post was to just state that the people of bismarck that keep complaining about the fire department should stop because it does them no good..of course you dont HAVE to buy a fire tag..thats the same for every other fire district that runs off of tags..but the right thing to do would be to purchase one and support your fire department that way they have funds available to make purchases, repairs, and pay for training. Maybe if folks would support the fire department and buy fire tags they would have better equipment, better training, better incentives for those who are interested in joining. So for you to NOT buy a fire tag and encourage others to NOT buy one, you are only hurting yourself and those you care about. So when the fire department doesnt show up for your emergency at 0230 in the morning, or they are a little slow or maybe a piece of equipment wont work properly..maybe then you will realize your fire tag money COULD have helped after all. ANNNNNNDDDD..when your home does burn and the fire departments show up at 0230 in the morning FOR FREE..to help a stranger..please know that you CAN be charged in the state of Missouri by the fire department for NOT having a fire tag. Fire Depts have the right to charge property owners by the hour, by the manpower count, and even by the number of apparatus on site for the length of the incident.

Now are we done bitching about your $50 A YEAR fire tag..stop being a hard ass about 50 bucks..you spend that a month in gas i'm sure.
Not Exactly

Farmington, MO

#16 Dec 20, 2012
OU812 said, and I quote "...please know that you CAN be charged in the state of Missouri by the fire department for NOT having a fire tag."

By a fire department maybe, but not if that fire department is within the boundaries of a fire District! A fire "district" is not the same thing as a "department". A "fire district" cannot charge.
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#17 Dec 20, 2012
I agree..a district is not the same as a department.. but lets take a gander at the following Missouri Statute ..

Nonmembers, association may respond to any emergency, exception--liabilities--fees.

320.302. 1. Volunteer fire protection associations may respond to any emergency within its area regardless of whether the property owner or individual is a member of or subscriber to the association.

2. In responding to emergencies of nonmembers or nonsubscribers of the association, the association and its firefighters shall be subject to the same liabilities for claims for death or injury to persons or property as those subjected to when responding to emergencies of members or subscribers.

3. In responding to emergencies of nonmembers or nonsubscribers, the volunteer fire protection association may charge up to the following fees:

(1) One hundred dollars for responding to an emergency;

(2) Five hundred dollars for each hour or a proportional sum for each quarter hour spent in providing emergency services; plus

(3) An amount equal to one year's subscription or membership fees. No property owner or individual shall be liable for fees or charges under this subsection if said property owner or individual notifies the volunteer fire protection association in writing, prior to the occurrence of an emergency, not to respond to an emergency on or involving his property.

4. Upon payment of the charges and fees set forth in subsection 3 of this section, the property owner or individual shall be deemed to be a member or subscriber in good standing until membership or subscriber payments are again due as prescribed by association rules and regulations.

Now with this specific agency being a dept, a district, and an association..there lies the question of penalty for nonmembers.. I would agree that a "tax based district" would not be able to charge..as they are funded by a flat tax rate.. the Bismarck Fire Protection District as I understand it, is only a political boundry district vs a political boundry district that is funded by a tax. So I would take it as it is still a "volunteer association" capable of subjecting nonmembers to a fee in the event of an emergency.

I dunno..just my .02
charles

United States

#18 Dec 21, 2012
Are you stupid? regardless of tax based or not a fire district is 100% responsible for providing fire protection within the boundries of that district. And Missouri law clearly states that no fire protection district can charge for there protection.
This came striaght from the mouth of the Missouri state fire marshall. And I also asked the fire chief why they were selling tags when they legaly cant, his response was "we are not selling fire tags we are soliciting donations. Read a tag it says donation on it." when i asked him how they can charge a late fee on a donation he said he didnt want to discuss it any farther and that thw fibbin gibbon needs to stop stirring trouble.
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#20 Dec 21, 2012
charles wrote:
Are you stupid? regardless of tax based or not a fire district is 100% responsible for providing fire protection within the boundries of that district. And Missouri law clearly states that no fire protection district can charge for there protection.
This came striaght from the mouth of the Missouri state fire marshall. And I also asked the fire chief why they were selling tags when they legaly cant, his response was "we are not selling fire tags we are soliciting donations. Read a tag it says donation on it." when i asked him how they can charge a late fee on a donation he said he didnt want to discuss it any farther and that thw fibbin gibbon needs to stop stirring trouble.
No I am not "stupid"..I'm just stating my point and view..and what I found relating to the topic for others to see.

I think the one who is "stupid" just might be you..not buying a $50 fire tag (or donation as you put it) to support your local fire department. Hope you never need them, because if and when you do, you'll be the first bitching about the job they did. They can only do so much when they have people like you living in their district that believe its better to not help support the FD.
i buy

United States

#21 Dec 21, 2012
How many of you that are on here buy a fire tag every year. I do and I have for over twenty years,
I thank the good lord I've never had to use the fire dept., but if I do I feel good about buying the fire tag.It in sure me they'll be there for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firechief Requirements 11 hr Bobby 7
Bismarck Board of Alderman 11 hr Dave 1
adam childers 12 hr stimey 6
Darwin Michael Rouse Mon Fact Finder 5
cafe redux! Sun goodtimegirl 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar 23 Guest 939
Shooting Mar 23 just me 5

Bismarck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bismarck Mortgages