kat

United States

#21 Aug 8, 2012
Someone is full of themself!
fire department

Farmington, MO

#22 Aug 8, 2012
Only a hardly fire fighter from bismarck would say something. like a ashley, or some chick on the fd that said "i would never run into a burning building"..........
question

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Aug 12, 2012
I am just wondering about something. Didn't the guys on the rural dept. run around and bad mouth the fire district for having a old fire truck? Didn't they say that old truck would cause your house to burn down? Why are they trying to buy that old truck to stick it down at Iron Mountain Lake? Which is it, either there is nothing wrong with the truck, or they really don't care about IML?

Campbell, MO

#24 Aug 12, 2012
smartass wrote:
<quoted text>ok ozark mtn c o ck su ck er why dont you try googling how hard it is to track down someone on topix. its only been succsessful once and it cost the person over 15 thousand bucks and took 5 years and had to do with a murder case.

first you have to get a lawyer then convince a judge that you even have a case then sue topix to get your ip address and good luck on that one because that falls under privacy laws. then if you happen to convince a judge that your claim is serius enough to invade privacy and gives you thd ip number you have to start all over with the internet provider to get the persons name

good luck hope you have 5 years and 10 - 15 grand to blow on this
Not true. Goggle Clay Waller from Jackson MO, he sits in a federal prison for threats made on Topix. Tracked by an IP address in just a few days
smartass

United States

#25 Aug 13, 2012
once again a murder case. not some wannabee inept fire dept that is pissed because someone let the cat out of the bag on how things are ran by an incompetent fire chief and a crooked board.

“The Dawn Is Your Enemy”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#26 Aug 14, 2012
citizen x wrote:
once again a murder case. not some wannabee inept fire dept that is pissed because someone let the cat out of the bag on how things are ran by an incompetent fire chief and a crooked board.
Waller was charged with the threats first. Besides the law is in the books. That means it can be used.
goodthing

Farmington, MO

#27 Aug 17, 2012
The Bismarck fire dept is # 1 in State of Missouri The best overall Thank You

“The Dawn Is Your Enemy”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#28 Aug 18, 2012
goodthing wrote:
The Bismarck fire dept is # 1 in State of Missouri The best overall Thank You
I admit they are great at driving around with blue lights.

Not so much at actually extinguishing things.

I think the the district should make sure they all go to fire school and give them all the proper equipment to do the job.
Huh

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Aug 18, 2012
They had people to do training, but kicked them off. A guy got them a new truck, but kicked him off, then wrecked the truck. Sometimes you can't fix stupid.
district

United States

#30 Sep 4, 2012
Whens the next district meeting would like to come and see if anything has been done since election. everythings gone hush hush again (imagine that)
in the know

United States

#31 Sep 5, 2012
there wont be another meeting till after the first of the year. they have went back to a make believe district board and will only have one meeting a year just to keep it legal. the rural board runs the show and the district is just a lame duck without tax support. the rural board along with the chief wants to keep it that way so that they do not have to comy with the sunshine law, and they can keep doing whatever they want with tagholders money and have no one to answer to about where money goes when its gone.
district

United States

#32 Sep 5, 2012
I thought a district had to have a meeting once a month
street legal

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Sep 5, 2012
First of all, if anyone including the judge bothered to read the law, they would see the rural no longer existed after the people voted to make a district. After that, all the stuff became district property. But who cares about the law as long as the cheif keeps his no pay job and let's the kids run wild.
boy wonder

United States

#34 Sep 5, 2012
You know the more all of you talk on here, the dumber you make both sides of this fucked up redneck fence look! I'm not sure anyone really gives a damn which one of you wanna bes or has been wanna bes shows up to a fire. They will instantly think, "damn there goes my property up in flames!" Almost all of you belong on a short bus wearing a helmet for the rest of your miserable lives
Truth

Farmington, MO

#35 Sep 7, 2012
The rural fire (dept) is contracted BY the district to provide fire protection, the city has no need of its own fire department because the city is within the boundaries of the district, and is therefore protected by the district or whomever the district contracts with to provide that protection.

It is the district that is to be the one in charge of protection of life and property, and the rural fire protect. assoc.(or whomever the district contracts with) is governed by the district board. That is not my opinion...it's the law!

There should be only one fire chief and that one chief is appointed by the district board, not the rural and not the city! Also not my opinion...it's the law!

So stop the stupid bickering, read the laws and as members of the district, make sure those laws are adhered to.!
The laws regarding fire protection districts can be found on the Missouri University Extension web site.
district

United States

#36 Sep 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
The rural fire (dept) is contracted BY the district to provide fire protection, the city has no need of its own fire department because the city is within the boundaries of the district, and is therefore protected by the district or whomever the district contracts with to provide that protection.
It is the district that is to be the one in charge of protection of life and property, and the rural fire protect. assoc.(or whomever the district contracts with) is governed by the district board. That is not my opinion...it's the law!
There should be only one fire chief and that one chief is appointed by the district board, not the rural and not the city! Also not my opinion...it's the law!
So stop the stupid bickering, read the laws and as members of the district, make sure those laws are adhered to.!
The laws regarding fire protection districts can be found on the Missouri University Extension web site.
apparently in this county the law doesnt matter. the judge agreed to let the association put a restraining order against the governing body (the district). im wondering if i can put a restraining order against bismarck and start my own city. Thats what you get when the chiefs inlaw has a part of the courthouse. prolly miscounted votes and a judge
Truth

Farmington, MO

#38 Sep 8, 2012
Simply put, the Judge was wrong. Whatever the reason, he was wrong, as all judges can be sometimes.
Some people may tell you that the district has no power because it is not funded.
Simply put, that is wrong. Why? Because the court decree that made them an official fire protection district in 1998 or whenever gave them that power. That was their birth certificate and their legal right to assume those same powers as any other fire protection district in the state or the nation.
One small town, one small rural fire protection association and one small judge cannot strip them of those powers.
All it takes for any fire protection district to excercise those rights is a board that has the backbone to do so, especially in the face of adversity.
The district is required to listen to only two things; the laws of the state and the voices of the people of its district.
this dept is a joke

United States

#39 Sep 26, 2012
Pathetic is a good word for them.. matt put up your fire gear and run your scene. Your 3103 correct?? if your want to be in charge act like it
well informed

United States

#40 Sep 26, 2012
i did my homework before posting random info on here. i did a lot of digging to get the truth about all of these alligations about the fire dept and ex members. well here it is

yes ryan hardy is a convicted fellon for an alcohol related vehiclare assault with bodily injury.

yes dickey did make an 18 yr old kid a captain and yes his dad(kieth collwell) is on the district board.

yes the rural board did pay for mark mckinneys lawyer and legal fees with tag money and donations from fund raisers.

yes chris gibbons did go to assist another dept without the chiefs ok

yes the chief of the other dept did inform dickey that he told chris to come assist.

yes there were several members of the dept. removed for wanting the district to assume control of the fire dept.

now for all the rumors about people sleeping around with other firefighters wifes theres no proof.

yes they do let a mentally handicap person run calls.
well informed

United States

#41 Sep 26, 2012
and here are the ones that were removed

chuck nitch 25+ yr vetran firefighter, captain maryland hieghts fd, haz mat and ops cert. emt, state fire marshal life saver award and several other honors and award and certs.

giz mahurine. several awards and lifes saved vetran fireman of over ten years a lot of training and certs.

danny jellineck 2x firefighter of the year rookie of the year 2xlifesaving award very well trained most calls ran 3 yrs in a row.

richard ferguson 4 yr firefigjter first responder very well trained

chris gibbons to many awards training and certs to list. got a lot of grants for bismarck and new trucks 30 yr vetran firefighter.

joe robinson 30 yr vetran firefighter asst. chief mac ff1&2 teacher highly trained.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bismarck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
L hartwick 7 hr c hartwick 3
Lake Hanna (Jun '12) 14 hr Not happy 16
Tabitha Gallaher 16 hr hillbilly ridge r... 4
Resort Construction in or near Irondale 23 hr Carlin 1
Hospital closing (Dec '15) Sun Spock 10
Bismarck School Board (Jan '11) Sun STEP UP 25
Teacher arrested for DUI Sun GONE GIRL 2

Bismarck Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance