Rebellion against family.
Rebellion against a group.
Identifying with a group.
Acceptance into a group.
Initiation into a group.
High self esteme.
Low self esteme.
lack of self esteme.

My personal view is that the human body in itself with all it's normal functions, without disease, malfunction or malady is the most aesthetic and functionally perfect form in the universe. Any self imposed alteration/mutation to the original form is maladjusted tomfoolery for all or some of the reasons posted above.

“Homina Homina”

Since: Mar 07

Bisbee AZ

#2 Aug 7, 2007
Would you include:
pierced ears
coloring of hair
nail polish
wigs
breast implants
make up

Tattooing has been around for about 5000 years.
http://www.designboom.com/history/tattoo_hist...
Solon_the_reform er

Eugene, OR

#3 Aug 7, 2007
I can't stand the nail polish truth be told. :SNARK:
Wanda

Bisbee, AZ

#4 Aug 7, 2007
"Tattooing has been around for about 5000 years."

So what!

Can you address the items above or contribute to the reasons why people get tattoos.

Were searching for answers.

“Homina Homina”

Bisbee AZ

#5 Aug 7, 2007
Wanda wrote:
So what!
Can you address the items above or contribute to the reasons why people get tattoos.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, Wanda, but why are you searching for answers?
I get tattooed because I like them, it's as simple as that.
Solon_the_reform er

Eugene, OR

#6 Aug 7, 2007
Wanda wrote:
So what!
Some people see tattooing as art and their bodies as galleries. They maybe offended by your opening statements.
Wanda

Bisbee, AZ

#7 Aug 7, 2007
Ok Buzz, if you say so. and thanks for he information.

Yes Buzz, but you must have known when you started getting tattoos that they would be there rest of your life, and they would socially type cast you to a certain extent. Surly you had to consider those factors. Eh?
Maynard

Moss Point, MS

#8 Aug 7, 2007
Solon_the_reformer wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people see tattooing as art and their bodies as galleries. They maybe offended by your opening statements.
I have been reading this bull from you Solon now for several days on many topics. I'm jumping in here to support Wanda's beliefs. Yes, tattoos do stereotype especially if designs are abundant and highly visible. They call attention to a person but it is shallow and the wrong kind of attention. I see you as a complete a#$ and you are the stalker. You are stalking the poster called Pauly and labelling him on a Public Forum as a sicko when I doubt you have any idea who or what he is. What in the hell are you saying about people in this area when you are from Oregon. Who do you think you are? You are probably a pathetic aids ridden old smelly flaky crusty Gay who wished he could show up at the Red Dress Run but can't because he is so full of poision and platitudes.

Since: Aug 07

Old Bisbee AZ

#9 Aug 7, 2007
Wanda wrote:
There are many reasons to get a tattoo.
To get noticed.
Body identification.
Body adornment.
Body loathing.
Badge of honor.
Badge of social reaction.
Badge of social rejection.
Extended sense of ego.
Acceptance into a group.
Initiation into a group.
High self esteme.
Low self esteme.
lack of self esteme.
My personal view is that the human body in itself with all it's normal functions, without disease, malfunction or malady is the most aesthetic and functionally perfect form in the universe. Any self imposed alteration/mutation to the original form is maladjusted tomfoolery for all or some of the reasons posted above.
Tattoos and piercings never were a fascination for me. It's more like a cyclical, generational thing.

Besides, if I ever decide to become a criminal I don't want any identifiers. I never felt strong enough about any symbol or picture to have it permanantly accompany me.

Sometimes nipple rings can look good on a set of 42DD's. I think women look much hotter without tatoos. But when you can see the outline of the nipple ring thru the fabric of her tight top it nice.

zzzzThere seems to be some peer preasure on teens and tweens to get tats. Guess they'll have alot of "tat-talk" when they get old.

There are other things that I like to spend my money on. I understand it's painful to get a tatoo. Pain sux.

Antifa

United States

#11 Aug 7, 2007
Wanda wrote:
There are many reasons to get a tattoo.
To get noticed.
Body identification.
Body adornment.
Body loathing.
Badge of honor.
Badge of social reaction.
Badge of social rejection.
Extended sense of ego.
Acceptance into a group.
Initiation into a group.
High self esteme.
Low self esteme.
lack of self esteme.
I'll bet you've worn lipstick or had braces.
Antifa

United States

#12 Aug 7, 2007
Maynard wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading this bull from you Solon now for several days on many topics. I'm jumping in here to support Wanda's beliefs. Yes, tattoos do stereotype especially if designs are abundant and highly visible. They call attention to a person but it is shallow and the wrong kind of attention. I see you as a complete a#$ and you are the stalker. You are stalking the poster called Pauly and labelling him on a Public Forum as a sicko when I doubt you have any idea who or what he is. What in the hell are you saying about people in this area when you are from Oregon. Who do you think you are? You are probably a pathetic aids ridden old smelly flaky crusty Gay who wished he could show up at the Red Dress Run but can't because he is so full of poision and platitudes.
You can't say what type of attention it attracts solely. You don't know everyone who would be directing that attention.

“Homina Homina”

Bisbee AZ

#13 Aug 8, 2007
Wanda wrote:
Ok Buzz, if you say so. and thanks for he information.
Yes Buzz, but you must have known when you started getting tattoos that they would be there rest of your life, and they would socially type cast you to a certain extent. Surly you had to consider those factors. Eh?
Yes, I knew they would be there forever. At first I got them where they could be covered up easily. For some, tattoos are quite addictive, and I also soon realized most people don't care about the tattoos I have. I've never been a "corporate type", I've been a musician and bartender for over 30 years. I find most folks these days couldn't care less.
My father was in the Navy in World War 2 and was heavily tattooed. My three kids are also tattooed, the youngest being 26 and the oldest being 36. If you have any other questions let me know.

“Homina Homina”

Bisbee AZ

#14 Aug 8, 2007
Maynard wrote:
<quoted text>
Tattoos may stereotype people to you, Maynard, but everybody isn't that shallow. That's some serious sh#t you're spouting, BTW.

“Homina Homina”

Bisbee AZ

#15 Aug 8, 2007
MindTour wrote:
<quoted text>
Tattoos and piercings never were a fascination for me. It's more like a cyclical, generational thing.
Besides, if I ever decide to become a criminal I don't want any identifiers. I never felt strong enough about any symbol or picture to have it permanantly accompany me.
Sometimes nipple rings can look good on a set of 42DD's. I think women look much hotter without tatoos. But when you can see the outline of the nipple ring thru the fabric of her tight top it nice.
zzzzThere seems to be some peer preasure on teens and tweens to get tats. Guess they'll have alot of "tat-talk" when they get old.
There are other things that I like to spend my money on. I understand it's painful to get a tatoo. Pain sux.
You need to get laid, dude.
Any real tattoo shop won't tattoo anyone under 18.

Since: Aug 07

Old Bisbee AZ

#16 Aug 8, 2007
Bisbee Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get laid, dude.
Any real tattoo shop won't tattoo anyone under 18.
Thanks for your concern, Buzz.
not quite

Globe, AZ

#17 Aug 8, 2007
Bisbee Buzz, you are indeed the master of half-truths.
Solon_the_reform er

Eugene, OR

#18 Aug 8, 2007
not quite wrote:
Bisbee Buzz, you are indeed the master of half-truths.
What are you talking about?
Wanda

Bisbee, AZ

#19 Aug 8, 2007
A huge social stigma goes along with tattooed humans. I suppose when a person starts getting tattoos they have to accept the image. And/or wear them proudly, as a kind of social in-you-face personal statement. I don't know anyone with tattoos that has a job other than service jobs. Some restaurants have their waiters/waitresses wear long sleeves if they have tattoos. Is that because more people are offended by tattoos that otherwise? A friend of mine has one small shoulder USMC with a bulldog. He's worth over 3 million today. Made it all it auto parts.
Solon_the_reform er

Eugene, OR

#20 Aug 8, 2007
Wanda wrote:
A huge social stigma goes along with tattooed humans. I suppose when a person starts getting tattoos they have to accept the image. And/or wear them proudly, as a kind of social in-you-face personal statement. I don't know anyone with tattoos that has a job other than service jobs. Some restaurants have their waiters/waitresses wear long sleeves if they have tattoos. Is that because more people are offended by tattoos that otherwise? A friend of mine has one small shoulder USMC with a bulldog. He's worth over 3 million today. Made it all it auto parts.
I hate to break the news to you Wanda but most people have “service jobs” these days therefore there are a lot of people with tattoos in those jobs. I’ll bet if most people had “manufacturing jobs” today that there would be the same amount of people with tattoos in those jobs as well. Its kind of funny like that.
:D
BTW Are there other beings other than "humans" (as you put it) that tattoo themselves? What a strange bird you are.
Wanda

Bisbee, AZ

#21 Aug 8, 2007
Solon, do you have any tattoos?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bisbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Light 23 hr Ms Perry 1
My day in Bisbee.... or.... How gentrification ... Fri Kay 3
Ducey Goosey makes a good move May 26 Violent Feminist 1
marijuana "caregivers" busted......oops May 26 Hugo Strangelove 1
Virgil Trump May 24 Doctor Strange 2
Light Exposed Bisbee Pedophile Ring May 24 Messed up 21
Bisbee Women: Cleanish ! May 22 Troll Reker 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bisbee Mortgages