Dear Royale: please- just stop

Posted in the Bisbee Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Biswas

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2012
you use too much paper and ink. This isn't tucson and not everyone needs to know everything that's going on with your little club all the time.

respectfully,
the Lorax
Dear whiner

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2012
You bitch way to much. This isn't Snotsdale and no one cares what your little brain thinks.

Best regards
the floorwax
Biswas

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Dear whiner wrote:
You bitch way to much. This isn't Snotsdale and no one cares what your little brain thinks.
Best regards
the floorwax
"way to much"....?

Dear troll,
so one sentence on the entire worldwide internet is too much for you, huh?
learn to spell (they can do that in snotsdale. Learn the difference between "to" , "too", and "two" while you're at it).
if you respond then you obviously do care what I think, though that is not reciprocated, believe me
disrespectfully,
that Lorax
Dear weener

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2012
You believe that I really care what you think but claim it's not reciprocated?

How ironcic!

I believe you when you say that you don't care what you think even though it's obvious by what you say.

I don't care what you think it's what you say that annoys me.

Sarcastically Yours
Zafrod
Biswas

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2012
dearest Zaphod (im assuming you're referencing Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

having fun yet? Nothing in your posts addresses the issue of the Royale's blatant & unwanted self-promotion through multicolored flyers strewn about town. Attack me all you want- I've suffered slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but your words are more like shoestrings and pebbles. Still- if it makes you feel like you have a bigger penis, then good for you little man!
The big one

Tucson, AZ

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Biswas wrote:
having fun yet? Nothing in your posts addresses the issue of the Royale's blatant & unwanted self-promotion through multicolored flyers strewn about town. Attack me all you want- I've suffered slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but your words are more like shoestrings and pebbles. Still- if it makes you feel like you have a bigger penis, then good for you little man!
Some small guys do have big ones and the reverse is also true.
I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the Royale. Some people are jealous of the success of anyone or anything in Bisbee and work to drag them down.
Dick Smally

United States

#7 Dec 6, 2012
The big one wrote:
<quoted text>
Some small guys do have big ones and the reverse is also true.
I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the Royale. Some people are jealous of the success of anyone or anything in Bisbee and work to drag them down.
The putz has an obvious axe to grind with the Royale that's why he refered to it as a "little" club and me as a "little" man. I think someone has a "little" problem. They also think they can fool us into thinking their post is about paper and ink rather than a personal grudge. Just another small minded trouble maker with nothing better to do.

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Biswas wrote:
"multicolored"

Maybe its just that you lean toward the drab, plain and ordinary, unlike the Royale
The big one

Tucson, AZ

#9 Dec 6, 2012
Dick Smally wrote:
<quoted text>
The putz has an obvious axe to grind with the Royale that's why he refered to it as a "little" club and me as a "little" man. I think someone has a "little" problem. They also think they can fool us into thinking their post is about paper and ink rather than a personal grudge. Just another small minded trouble maker with nothing better to do.
Yes, his little problem is really little, even smaller than his mind.
sad sack

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2012
GulchGeek wrote:
<quoted text>
"multicolored"
Maybe its just that you lean toward the drab, plain and ordinary, unlike the Royale
That is why nobody likes you because you are "drab, plain and ordinary". It must be so disheartening to be "drab, plain and ordinary". I mean the majority of people in this world are vibrant, brilliant, alive and definitely uncommon and very honest. You don't have many comrades.

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 6, 2012
sad sack wrote:
<quoted text>
....I mean the majority of people in this world are....definitely uncommon.
Wonderful sense of logic, there. Is it through the same process that you come up with your conclusions about me, my life, and my friends?

Frankly, I'm wondering if you can tell 'up' from 'down.' Maybe you need to lay off the sauce for awhile?
Say what

Bisbee, AZ

#12 Dec 6, 2012
sad sack wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why nobody likes you because you are "drab, plain and ordinary". It must be so disheartening to be "drab, plain and ordinary". I mean the majority of people in this world are vibrant, brilliant, alive and definitely uncommon and very honest. You don't have many comrades.
How the hell is it possible for the majority of anything to be uncommon?
Biswas

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2012
so noone thinks the Royale has bought their crowd/following/status respect? How can a local bar expect to be able to pay their bands, the employees and their bills while having to compete with the Royale's 8-color fancy-stock posters which are literally littered around town? You may think the Royale has "raised the bar" for Bisbee but in reality they're ruining it- art isn't about the pretty colors and group geschtalst: its about the space between the notes as Beethoven would have said.
the fascist "happiness" that place has created is proof of its lack of soul.
I have nothing against the Royale- just against superficial bullsnip which obviously promotes anger and hatred as evidenced by every response to anyone who says even one bad thing about the place- like that they use too much paper.
tinfoil hat

Bisbee, AZ

#14 Dec 7, 2012
[QUOTE who="How can a local bar expect to be able to pay their bands, the employees and their bills while having to compete with the Royale's 8-color fancy-stock posters which are literally littered around town?[/QUOTE]

If a local bar cannot meet its financial obligations to bands, employees, etc. I suspect there are larger economic forces at work rather than multicolored fliers being the cause. Do you have any actual examples of a local business being harmed by the Royale's use of promotional fliers?
Polly Purebread

Tucson, AZ

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Biswas wrote:
so noone thinks the Royale has bought their crowd/following/status respect? How can a local bar expect to be able to pay their bands, the employees and their bills while having to compete with the Royale's 8-color fancy-stock posters which are literally littered around town? You may think the Royale has "raised the bar" for Bisbee but in reality they're ruining it- art isn't about the pretty colors and group geschtalst: its about the space between the notes as Beethoven would have said.
I have nothing against the Royale- just against superficial bullsnip which obviously promotes anger and hatred as evidenced by every response to anyone who says even one bad thing about the place- like that they use too much paper.
Anyone available to translate this? Bullsnip, what is bullsnip? What is noone? Are the other bars complaining?
Any business drawing business helps all the other businesses. Some one might come to Bisbee for something at the Royale and end up at Elmo's instead or hit both.
The Royale is a jewel of a place, Bisbee should be proud of it. I don't want to insult you but you are crazy perhaps?
Business 101

Tucson, AZ

#16 Dec 7, 2012
"Any business drawing business helps all the other businesses."

Not necessarily true.

A stronger business will drive a weaker business out of business. Walmart and Costco can help other non
competing business near them, but they also drove many
others out of business.

I heard Walmart drove Safeway out of business in
Douglas.

“Still dgaf”

Since: Nov 12

Pensacola

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Biswas wrote:
I hope they are using recycled paper for all these flyers. Littering is a misdeameanor and a blight. I see your point. I like Beethoven's "art is the spaces between the notes." Awesome quote, ty.
tinfoil hat

Bisbee, AZ

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Business 101 wrote:
A stronger business will drive a weaker business out of business. Walmart and Costco can help other non
competing business near them, but they also drove many
others out of business.
I heard Walmart drove Safeway out of business in
Douglas.
Have any local bar owners actually complained that the Royale is harming their business?
Business 101

Tucson, AZ

#19 Dec 7, 2012
tinfoil hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any local bar owners actually complained that the Royale is harming their business?
Another way to ask is did Royale enlarge the pie?

If I owned a bar and another new and better bar
opened near me, I will be concerned. I don't think another bar
will enlarge the pie. Everybody will just share a smaller piece of
the same pie. This is exactly what happened to Safeway at Douglas.
The pie was not big enough to share with Walmart.

This is proof that the below is not always true:

"Any business drawing business helps all the other businesses."

In some cases yes, but not always. In Royale's case, it remains to
be seen. I hope they make it, but I don't like to see them hurt
the existing bars either. The best is to hope that they enlarge the
pie...create and bring in new customers to Bisbee.
tinfoil hat

Bisbee, AZ

#20 Dec 7, 2012
I am happy with the original phrasing of the question. Is there any evidence to support the assertion that the Bisbee Royale is harming other bars? Have any local bar owners made this claim?

There were about a hundred people who were out last night at the Royale that probably would not have been out otherwise, as there was no other live music at any other bar. That sure sounds like "enlarging the pie" to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bisbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Triangulation Tue Kay 5
Charlie Manson's MOM. (Aug '07) Nov 20 Loon Alert 19
Bisbee takes a lot of things for granted Nov 19 Bellweather 2
Holy Washingtons Batman! ..tourism IS narcissism Nov 19 Kay 9
Bisbee sucks Nov 11 The Bigger Id 9
Bisbee Nov 11 Circle J 1
Cochise County is.... Nov 3 Tractor Beam Supply 1

Bisbee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance