to everyone who had their lawn beauti...

to everyone who had their lawn beautified by Freeport-MacMoRan

Posted in the Bisbee Forum

miningSUCKS

Tucson, AZ

#1 Feb 6, 2013
like a cheap harlot who is happy to accept jewelry from the dollar store and then wonders why she gets raped, you are giving the mining company their sense of entitlement for when they destroy our town and lands.
yeah- we need more copper for your pre-teens' iPads, pink cellphones, and your latest TV. good for you, but for no one else or the planet.
Thanks for the invasion FMM!
Freeport-MacMoRan SUUUUUCKS!!!
love my yard

Caldwell, ID

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Well, I am very appreciative of the clean up in my yard. The soil was toxic and I could never have been able to afford the beautiful clean up and landscaping. My yard is now one we and the animals feel happy and comfortable to be in. I also believe that somewhere down the road if you ever want to sell your home that a toxic yard could be a problem for you as a seller and for the buyer. You may have to clean it up on your own at a huge expense. I think Freeport is a great company. The people who worked on our yard were hard workers and very very nice. Some people and their conspiracy theories. Better yet, why do you live in a mining town?

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 7, 2013
The soil contamination occurred back when there was a smelter here in town. That was more than 100 years ago. Long before Freeport's 'invasion,' even before PD. The smelter was owned by Calumet-Arizona.

I agree with 'love my yard.' If you're so concerned about the impacts of mining, why did you choose to live in an old mining town besides just to give yourself something to gripe about?
miningSUCKS

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2013
your pretty little yard vs. the pit and the next pit? Hmmmmm........
miningSUCKS

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
so you bought a house with a toxic yard and have the gall to ask ME why I moved to a mining town? You're not only cheap, you're dumb.
onceuponatime

Moss Point, MS

#6 Feb 8, 2013
miningSUCKS wrote:
your pretty little yard vs. the pit and the next pit? Hmmmmm........
Great idea! Let's stop all mining. That would definately halt the need for oil since there would be no use for it, no way to transport it, no way to pump it, and no way to refine it. It would also stop the ability to develop solar power, and would certainly limit the food supply, which, in turn, would drastically lower the population, along with the lack of medical diagnostic abilities. And, most important of all, you could have your ideal world.

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Jus' pleeeze don't stop making these computer things needed for squawking about copper mining on the internet.
sir tinymeat

Perris, CA

#8 Feb 8, 2013
miningSUCKS wrote:
like a cheap harlot who is happy to accept jewelry from the dollar store and then wonders why she gets raped
you had me at the above.

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 9, 2013
'miningSUCKS' is probably some cheap harlot who came to Bisbee wearing Dollar Store jewelry and wonders why she didn't get raped.
PETUNIA

Carrizo Springs, TX

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Kind of agree with miningsux, to a point, at least they are doing something but woefully inadequate and really just a PR stunt. Buttering us before they give us the shaft is my bet. Anyone ever heard of Blackwell Oklahoma, carbon copy of Bisbee, same pollution, Same Mining Co. Freeport offered to clean all their little yards up , but what about the rest of the town, class action lawsuit pending, Google it, you'll think it's a story about Bisbee. Also they are stripping all the hills of the natural vegetation and replacing with shit dirt, and some little hay things, Wait till the monsoon hits, all those hills will be in tombstone canyon, guaranteed. Anyone who truly believes Freeport is just trying to do that right thing is just naive.
Pros and Cons

Tucson, AZ

#11 Feb 12, 2013
PETUNIA wrote:
Kind of agree with miningsux, to a point, at least they are doing something but woefully inadequate and really just a PR stunt. Buttering us before they give us the shaft is my bet. Anyone ever heard of Blackwell Oklahoma, carbon copy of Bisbee, same pollution, Same Mining Co. Freeport offered to clean all their little yards up , but what about the rest of the town, class action lawsuit pending, Google it, you'll think it's a story about Bisbee. Also they are stripping all the hills of the natural vegetation and replacing with shit dirt, and some little hay things, Wait till the monsoon hits, all those hills will be in tombstone canyon, guaranteed. Anyone who truly believes Freeport is just trying to do that right thing is just naive.
There are pros and cons with everything.
The naive ones only look at one side.
Realtor

Tucson, AZ

#12 Feb 13, 2013
When you want to sell your house you will wish you did the clean up.
no dummy

Caldwell, ID

#13 Feb 13, 2013
PETUNIA wrote:
Agrees
tinfoil hat

Bisbee, AZ

#14 Feb 13, 2013
PETUNIA wrote:
The class action lawsuit by residents of Blackwell, Oklahoma against Freeport Mcmoran was settled in 2011. F-M had to pay out over $100,000,000, almost $70,000,000 went directly to property owners in the affected area ( http://blackwellsettlement.com/uploads/Final_... ). One of the main points of the lawsuit was that remediation efforts undertaken by F-M were grossly inadequate and misrepresented to the public. Just sayin'.
tinfoil hat

Bisbee, AZ

#15 Feb 13, 2013
In addition to the suit filed by residents, F-M settled a separate lawsuit in 2010 which paid $54 million to the City of Blackwell ( http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20100208... ). More litigation is pending regarding the cleanup of areas outside the City of Blackwell.
Gulchgeek

Tucson, AZ

#16 Mar 8, 2013
I just went t the store
Bisbee mudslides begin

United States

#17 Mar 11, 2013
I can't believe everyone in Bisbee fell for FMM's soil replacement program. They are digging up peoples backyards taking out all the gold ad copper nuggets buried there by the miners who snuck home they're pocket sized treasures from work, buried them in their back yards and proceeded to immediately die from black lung, telling nobody. Its obvious when they used metal detectors first and stole all the good rocks out of my yard. They destroyed my garden and lied to me about replacing it with good soil(sand) They are very rude to everyone and hate all Bisbee people. I have never seen a stuck up ditch digger in my life, they are all assholes destroying our town. I can't wait till the thieves all leave.
Hong Woodring

Ashburn, VA

#19 Sep 7, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/mb9f5wa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bisbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Virgil for New Years 1 hr Irrational Mindle... 154
Bisbee Sucks (Feb '15) 19 hr women and childre... 26
Bisbee breakfastses Tue Butholio 16
News Technicality gets Amon-Ra 7.5 years instead of 15 (Sep '06) Jan 7 Anonymous 5
I like the way people hate Sunshine.. (Mar '10) Jan 7 Bored reader 25
SAFEWAY Write Gripes or Kudos here. (Feb '08) Jan 4 D Stroophope 87
The end of the golden age of restaurants Jan 3 Chef Peeair 1

Bisbee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bisbee Mortgages