Kathy Sowden is Dangerous

Posted in the Bisbee Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
WatchOut

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2010
Someone needs to get this woman under control!

http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/06/...
Taxed2death

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jun 15, 2010
Kathy shouldn't have shoved a book at poor Jack but he can sure shove his proposed tax hike. I hope someone runs against him and the rest of any council person that supports this horrible plan. Business's in the city are in deep enough water as it is. We just had a tax increase and now a boycott. Of course Jack doesn't run a retail business and it's pretty obvious the current administration cares little about Main Street. Does anyone have the names of the city council members that are pushing this moronic plan?
James

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2010
WatchOut wrote:
Someone needs to get this woman under control!
http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/06/...
Dangerous? Maybe. OBNOXIOUS? YES!!!!!!!!!
Pulled-hogwash

Bisbee, AZ

#4 Jun 15, 2010
Taxed2death wrote:
Kathy shouldn't have shoved a book at poor Jack but he can sure shove his proposed tax hike. I hope someone runs against him and the rest of any council person that supports this horrible plan. Business's in the city are in deep enough water as it is. We just had a tax increase and now a boycott. Of course Jack doesn't run a retail business and it's pretty obvious the current administration cares little about Main Street. Does anyone have the names of the city council members that are pushing this moronic plan?
Mayor Jack and 5 other council members. However some of the council members said at the last meeting that they really didn't like a tax increase but thought they should pass the buck and send it to the voters. Really because they didn't have the guts to take a stand.
Kathy Sowden

Tucson, AZ

#5 Jun 15, 2010
I'm not dangerous. I am a militant lesbian who moved to Bisbee from, you guessed it, California. I moved here because I could afford to buy property, put in a facade of a business and be accepted for who I am in a city full of freaks. Now that I am here, I expect everything to be what I want just like it was in California.
JPL

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2010
Kathy Sowden gives lesbians a bad name. I am ashamed that she is on my "team."
Ratzo

Tucson, AZ

#7 Jun 15, 2010
Kathy Sowden wrote:
I'm not dangerous. I am a militant lesbian who moved to Bisbee from, you guessed it, California. I moved here because I could afford to buy property, put in a facade of a business and be accepted for who I am in a city full of freaks. Now that I am here, I expect everything to be what I want just like it was in California.
If that really was the case she would love being taxed. Christ, another nard posing as someone else. To bad you can't just be yourself but then again in your case I understand. I wouldn't want to be you either.
Joe

Fargo, ND

#8 Jun 15, 2010
wow
whatever

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2010
Just imagine what would have happened if it was a TWO cent increase!
Bill

Bisbee, AZ

#10 Jun 15, 2010
whatever wrote:
Just imagine what would have happened if it was a TWO cent increase!
It makes me feel that those in charge are way out of touch with just how tough the retail business is right now.
Pulled-hogwash

Bisbee, AZ

#11 Jun 16, 2010
This possible sales tax is a 40% increase in the City of Bisbee tax rate. From 2.5 to 3.5% Does Bisbee really need 40% higher taxes to chip seal only 20% of its roads over those six years???
Inside track

Bisbee, AZ

#12 Jun 18, 2010
There appears to be money to take care of Tombstone Canyon before the coaster trials and race. Has anyone ever done a study to see what this coaster race really costs the citizens and is it worth it? Of course, since this is the Mayor's pet project there always seems to be enough money for the coaster race but people have to stand around collecting donations for fourth of July fireworks because there isn't enough money.
Jackhammer

Fargo, ND

#13 Jun 18, 2010
Inside track wrote:
There appears to be money to take care of Tombstone Canyon before the coaster trials and race. Has anyone ever done a study to see what this coaster race really costs the citizens and is it worth it? Of course, since this is the Mayor's pet project there always seems to be enough money for the coaster race but people have to stand around collecting donations for fourth of July fireworks because there isn't enough money.
Exactly. And in the meantime, Warren streets have holes so big you could lose a Volkswagen Beetle in them...Are they proposing any of that tax increase for roads outside of Old Bisbee?

Huachuca City, AZ

#14 Jun 18, 2010
Jackhammer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. And in the meantime, Warren streets have holes so big you could lose a Volkswagen Beetle in them...
Or a coaster.
Cayla

United States

#15 Jun 22, 2010
Kathy Sowden wrote:
....The People's Republic of California. The state with the highest tax rates in the nation. Just pretend you're in California and everything will be just fine.
Public Enemy

Sierra Vista, AZ

#16 Jun 22, 2010
Folks that demonstrate this sort of public behavior should be considered dangerous. Civil dialogue and debate based on facts and supported by logical conclusions at an official city meeting would be the place to have this debate. The behavior demonstrated is extreme and illogical

I'm sure Ms Sowden would not appreciate it if a person having an issue with her ran in her business and created a scene.

Great quote to the paper..."it was stupid"...I agree.

If Ms Sowden is considered one of your business leaders your City is doomed.

She didn't even have her facts in order. The tax has yet to pass. WOW!
Stan the man

United States

#17 Jun 22, 2010
I once went into her store around Christmas time. They were so busy pushing the lesbian agenda & loudly discussing how to push & promote it, they totally ignored they had a shopper, I vowed then to never go back into that store. I see I was right to do so as she cares not about her business, but rather how loudly she can declare her private preferences that most people could really care less about hearing. I dont tell her about what I do behind closed doors,get a little class, and don't tell us either. If California was all that great, go back there.
Public Enemy

Sierra Vista, AZ

#18 Jun 22, 2010
The time to become "loud" is prior to the election. That is what business owners do that are professionals. They also take the time to research the issue at hand and have facts in order.

They conduct a logical campaign based on facts and documentation. That earns respect and yields results.

The path chosen demonstrates a lack of critical thinking, planning and professionalism.

Going back a second time also demonstrates a pattern of illogical thinking. One time reacting out of emotion is possible...two times a disturbing pattern.
Cayla

United States

#19 Jun 22, 2010
Kathy Sowden wrote:
Your sexuality is irrelevant to everyone but you. What you are is an unwise business person. You start out by opening a business that sells items that people don't always need. The items in your store are what I like to refer to as "luxury trinkets". It's cool stuff, but people don't always need it. I'll wager you run a 30-50% markup. Dangerous in a poor economy.
Then you fire off unprofessionally in public, on two occasions to the extent you now face criminal charges.
You are your own worst enemy and advertisement. Its not the .01 cent tax that's going to hurt your business, its you showing up in public.
Not Kathy Sowden

Fargo, ND

#20 Jun 23, 2010
Cayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sexuality is irrelevant to everyone but you. What you are is an unwise business person. You start out by opening a business that sells items that people don't always need. The items in your store are what I like to refer to as "luxury trinkets". It's cool stuff, but people don't always need it. I'll wager you run a 30-50% markup. Dangerous in a poor economy.
Then you fire off unprofessionally in public, on two occasions to the extent you now face criminal charges.
You are your own worst enemy and advertisement. Its not the .01 cent tax that's going to hurt your business, its you showing up in public.
I agree with you on the most part, but I have to mention two things - no disrespect, but I'm sure you do realize that you aren't actually replying to Kathy Sowden, but to someone posing as her, right?
30-50% has always been standard keystone markup for retail stores - not big box stores like you managed, or grocery stores, but any small retail store. They don't have the space and turnover to afford less markup. That is why Walmart has pretty much killed off the small business in America. Good for the pocketbook of the American shopper, but I miss all the creative and individual small stores that used to make towns unique.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bisbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magick in Bisbee 25 min ENERGY 35
coffee idiots 3 hr called cops again 765
cupcake shop 3 hr Randy man 28
According to the SV Herald, Bisbee's biggest p... 3 hr Randy man 10
An Invocation to Verge 12 hr Randy man 13
Ding Dong the Devil is GONE! 12 hr Randy man 3
The Most Prolific Poster Tue warrant out 6
Bisbee Dating
Find my Match

Bisbee Jobs