"The Golden Compas" Super Anti-Christ...

"The Golden Compas" Super Anti-Christian.

Posted in the Bisbee Forum

Gods Angel

Bisbee, AZ

#1 Dec 5, 2007
Philip Pullman, publicly avowals atheism. He tries to be clever enough to disguise his beliefs in his stories but in The Golden Compass it is obvious that God and Christians are the bad guy and the demons are the good guys. Yet he uses the charm and innocence of a little girl to carry out his anti-Christian point of views.

Writers can create any scenario and stream of logic they want to justify any point of view, however, Pullman is more clever than most.

"He sounds like the proverbial village atheist, spouting darkly and vaguely about the millions killed, the horrors of dogma, the evils of clergy, and the small-mindedness of orthodox believers."

[Much like the atheist on this forum. Spouting twisted moral platitudes based on the Spanish Inquisition, of which they know nothing about.]

"Mark Early of Breakpoint

http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2007/11/...

explains that the writer “uses his stories to twist and distort familiar biblical accounts of creation, fall, and redemption, making heroes of those who rebel against religion, and having one of his “good” characters even say,“The Christian religion is a very powerful and convincing mistake.

A children’s fantasy film that stars Nicole Kidman and features a little girl on a quest to kill God has some Christian groups upset over what they believe is a ploy to promote atheism to kids."

Read an in depth controversy of the film here;
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305487,00...
Gods Angel

Bisbee, AZ

#2 Dec 8, 2007
The writer/producers of The Golden Compass, Mr. Pullman says that this movie is just a fishing expedition to see if the anti God thing sells to parents and kids. If is doesn't their wont be a trilogy's.

“Rowrbazzle!!”

Since: Sep 07

Bisbee

#3 Dec 8, 2007
Gods Angel wrote:
If is doesn't their wont be a trilogy's.
And if that post fragment doesn't turn your stomach (assuming you're literate), there'll still be a "God's Angel" to try again to make you vomit.
Ruthie

Bisbee, AZ

#4 Dec 8, 2007
My kids aren't gonna see this movie.

"The writer/producers of The Golden Compass, Mr. Pullman says that this movie is just a fishing expedition to see if the anti God thing sells to parents and kids. If is doesn't their wont be a trilogy's."
Low Box

Bisbee, AZ

#5 Dec 10, 2007
In many ways, in the past, Hollywood has helped to shape our American culture when the movies were positive scenarios of our hopes and dreams. That power has been lost, yet they still think they're the most important media within our culture. Television and family are probably the most important factors in our culture, while much of our social problems can be traced back to the breakdown of our families. Hollywood offers no help.

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters)- "The Golden Compass," a costly fantasy starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, got off to a slow start at the North American box office and will likely fall short of opening-weekend expectations.

New Line Cinema's $180 million film sold an estimated $8.8 million worth of tickets during its first day in theaters on Friday, according to data issued on Saturday by tracking firm Box Office Mojo"

www.boxofficemojo.com
Cost 200M

Bisbee, AZ

#6 Dec 12, 2007
"Box Office: Golden Compass disaster! Juno a record-breaker!

slashfilm.com — New Line’s The Golden Compass, which has a reported budget of $200M+, has staggered out of the starting gate with an opening day of $9M or so, and it will likely muster only an estimated $27M for the weekend."
Annoyed By Criticism

Hempstead, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2009
Leave Mr. Pullman alone. He has the right to say what he wants, for this is a free country. You can be against his books if you want to, but it's ridiculous to try to ban the books or prevent other people from reading them simply because you think it goes against what you believe in. I'm a Catholic and I think the books are great. People need to get over themselves and realize that the world does not revolve around them and their relious beliefs.
AnAdvocateofWarm Sunshine

Pomerene, AZ

#8 Feb 14, 2009
Gods Angel wrote:
Philip Pullman, publicly avowals atheism. He tries to be clever enough to disguise his beliefs in his stories but in The Golden Compass it is obvious that God and Christians are the bad guy and the demons are the good guys. Yet he uses the charm and innocence of a little girl to carry out his anti-Christian point of views.
Writers can create any scenario and stream of logic they want to justify any point of view, however, Pullman is more clever than most.
"He sounds like the proverbial village atheist, spouting darkly and vaguely about the millions killed, the horrors of dogma, the evils of clergy, and the small-mindedness of orthodox believers."
[Much like the atheist on this forum. Spouting twisted moral platitudes based on the Spanish Inquisition, of which they know nothing about.]
explains that the writer “uses his stories to twist and distort familiar biblical accounts of creation, fall, and redemption, making heroes of those who rebel against religion, and having one of his “good” characters even say,“The Christian religion is a very powerful and convincing mistake.
A children’s fantasy film that stars Nicole Kidman and features a little girl on a quest to kill God has some Christian groups upset over what they believe is a ploy to promote atheism to kids."
This would all seem more believeable if you could spell "Compass" to begin with, otherwise I thought this was a thread about a local political candidate "Campas" or is it "Compas" Hee, Hee, Hee...
Morgan LaFay

Murrysville, PA

#9 Jan 23, 2010
so what if it is anti-christian pullman has a right to say what ever he want's about christianity. christianity doesn't need his help to loose followers anyway, it does that well enough by itself.
Duh

Bisbee, AZ

#10 Jan 23, 2010
Morgan LaFay wrote:
so what if it is anti-christian pullman has a right to say what ever he want's about christianity. christianity doesn't need his help to loose followers anyway, it does that well enough by itself.
You misspelled {{{LeFay}}} and you do mean {{{lose}}} followers, don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay

“OUCH...it hurts.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 23, 2010
Gods Angel wrote:
i agree..that was an AWESOME movie..
jeep jeep

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2010
you don't need the Golden Compass to spread the thoughts of atheism, every day on tv there are the reality shows on mtv, vhs and others that display the glories of hedonism reigning as god.
Whatever

Globe, AZ

#13 Jan 24, 2010
jeep jeep wrote:
you don't need the Golden Compass to spread the thoughts of atheism, every day on tv there are the reality shows on mtv, vhs and others that display the glories of hedonism reigning as god.
Don't you mean VH1?
Whatever

Globe, AZ

#14 Jan 24, 2010
All hail to Bret Michaels and on your knees for Sebastian Bach!

Caldwell, ID

#15 Jan 24, 2010
and everyday on tv there are stories of hedonistic christian ministers who have been exposed for their indulgences.
Mike

Hamilton, New Zealand

#16 Feb 18, 2010
I cannot believe that christians can stoop so low! I myself am agnostic and i DO NOT believe that any movie aims at furthering or bringing down any religion! if christians are so arrogant as to bring down other religions or other people ideas of entertainment/intrests then i say we can do without the control of christianity and i watched the movie onlya moment ago! yes it does seem like the vatican! altho it is marely entertainment and the likely hood that children would pick up on it is practicly non existent and people are over exagerating what they see! if you have a problem with movies DO NOT WATCH THEM!!! try using what little intelegince you have ! the smart people either avoid offencive material or enjoy it as entertainment! if you feel it is bringing down your religion just put up with it, there are a multitude of religions out there! they contradict other religions more than any movie can!!! LEAVE MOVIES ALONE!!!

P.S I am bored and im annoyed with religious people bringing down other religions or agnostic people!!! Agnosticisim is completely different from athiests!!! and i would like for people to stop getting them confused! try and be mature about the world and DO NOT take down other people based on beliefes or what they view as entertainment!

also I apologise for my grammer!
sam

United States

#17 Mar 4, 2010
i'm 15 and i read this book and i'm appalled that everyone can just say that this book is bad, its not true. get off of pullman's back. just enjoy the book don't think that much and to those parents who don't let children read their book THEY ARE going to read them or watch them when their older becuz u DENY them of their right and freedom to express their own feelings, they'll read it becuz they want to know wats in the book that their parents don't let them read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bisbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border Patrol: Drug-smuggling suspect used zip ... Dec '17 joanNYadoptees 1
Personal paperback Dec '17 Origin 1
News Mayor calls on Amazon to set up shop in Douglas (Sep '17) Nov '17 Jess Killemall 4
Corporate Welfare (Apr '08) Oct '17 Don Ditto 120
James mith (Oct '17) Oct '17 Oldharley 1
Job Search (Sep '17) Sep '17 Budahbow 1
Settlements are Still an Option (Jan '16) Sep '17 Wat wat 11

Bisbee Jobs

Personal Finance

Bisbee Mortgages