After shootings, schools in metro Det...

After shootings, schools in metro Detroit try to reassure parents: Your kids are safe

There are 5 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Dec 17, 2012, titled After shootings, schools in metro Detroit try to reassure parents: Your kids are safe. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

A woman and a young girl talk at an interfaith vigil for the shooting victims from Sandy Hook Elementary School on Sunday at Newtown High School in Newtown, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Jodoco

Belleville, MI

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Asa student in the metro detroit school systems pre 2009 i can assure you that you are not safe. open districts or closed districts. kids from the hood use their grandparents and families addresses and use them to goto the schools that claim to be better. Only to obstruct the learning system and brings arms in undisclosed.. In my time several students brought in arms and bragged about it showing them off in class. Knowing people are too afraid to say something about it. The ones who are quiet and picked on are the ones to worry about though as they have self esteem and attention issues.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Jodoco wrote:
Asa student in the metro detroit school systems pre 2009 i can assure you that you are not safe. open districts or closed districts. kids from the hood use their grandparents and families addresses and use them to goto the schools that claim to be better. Only to obstruct the learning system and brings arms in undisclosed.. In my time several students brought in arms and bragged about it showing them off in class. Knowing people are too afraid to say something about it. The ones who are quiet and picked on are the ones to worry about though as they have self esteem and attention issues.
I hear you, but I think you need to continue your education at least as far as improving your sentence structure and grammar.

Schools here have had mandatory lockdown drills for some time. That phase seemed to work pretty well at Sandy Hook, but by then the situation was out of control. The shooter himself called the end of the violence by shooting himself. He might have continued and killed dozens more simply by shooting at each door and moving on.

Schools may need airport type security to keep guns out.
Meanie

Madison Heights, MI

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The shooter himself called the end of the violence by shooting himself.
Because he was a coward, the same as all the rest.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 18, 2012
its called school ethnic cleansing, welcome to new america
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he was a coward, the same as all the rest.
As a layman I see it much the same because that's the result. I psychiatrist would say that this mental illness was likely schizophrenia. Such people can go to exquisite planning and preparation, but they don't plan an ending. They don't try to escape. Suicide is their only course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birmingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Jun 21 Wacky Iraqi 140
I have chlamydia!! Jun 1 mich iyan 5
Were you a Bham resident in 1977? (Jun '07) May '15 CWW 89
News 72 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit May '15 Free Kwame 1
News Troy Times looks back on 31 years May '15 CITYOFTROYMICHIGAN 1
Gay sex in Solihull May '15 Anonymous 1
News Police investigating case of 28-year-old woman ... (Apr '11) Apr '15 Friend of Angies 155
More from around the web

Birmingham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Birmingham Mortgages