Drugs divide mothers from children, b...

Drugs divide mothers from children, but Lovelady Center restores relationships

There are 64 comments on the The Mobile Register Online story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Drugs divide mothers from children, but Lovelady Center restores relationships. In it, The Mobile Register Online reports that:

“So that's what I gave her for her fifth birthday: `Happy birthday. Mama loves you. I'm driving off in a police car.' And I haven't been home since.”

Jennifer Callaway remembers the day 2½ years ago when she was arrested at a Kmart pharmacy in Scottsboro while attempting to fill a phony prescription for narcotics. via The Mobile Register Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mobile Register Online.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HonestyAndJesus

United States

#66 Jun 19, 2013
I know exactly who you are talking about. She was my friend. I relapsed, just like everyone does there, and theu took $300 from me and kicked me out because I couldn't find someone to donate money. But this girl you're referring to was sleeping with the owners husband so she didnt get punished for all of her relapses.
doesnt matter wrote:
also if they would leave the ones that are really trying to do something with their lives alone or help them REALLY GET ON THEIR FEET instead of harrass them and wasting time accusing them of things that are not even going on and focus on the ones that are doing wrong like a blonde headed girl there will not say no names but she kept relapsing and they did nothing to her.
choices

Clanton, AL

#67 Oct 28, 2013
I think every place is gonna have its faults ecspecially somewhere thay houses that many addicts... but so what if u can get drugs or not... you either want to stop using or you dont... if u want to be clean bad enough you will not use them... aint nobody no place able to make you stop using you have to make that choice yourself... but i see the point of the ones who want help shouldnt have to deal with the temptation daily... my mother is there and it's. Like she says everytime i talk to her... YOU are only going to have a good outcome if thats what you want out of your stay... life is what you make it... i hope every one does well and has a successful turn out... god bless everyone...

“my 2 cents > yours.”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#68 Dec 29, 2013
I really wonder who y'all are talking about ("certain blonde") because your comments have spanned some years. Think about it. It's probably not the same person.
But as comments go, So have mine. I previously wrote in this thread under 'Renaissance Chick' but lost my login, so here I am. I am a former resident/graduate staff member and *may* be one of the blondes you have referenced (although I never slept with anyone's husband.) I have been criticized for relapses, but time tells the best tales. I'm doing great now. I've found what works for me to keep me alive, happy, sober, and free. As for all the drama in this thread? How lame and ridiculous. And just in case anyone doesn't know, typing in all caps is paramount to screaming at the top of your lungs, and it can lead to getting kicked off sites/threads.
broken but changed

Norcross, GA

#70 Jul 10, 2015
Rodnasty wrote:
its all about money. i was told by joanie hosey mithcell that is there that drugs are easy to come by. her 1st weekend home she got drunk. their drug test is over 3 years old. so no wonder they get away with so much stuff.i think its a waste of time. they just need to focus on helping homeless women and children
First and formost where do you live that's not about money,
And from personal experience the love lady give my life a second chance when there was no hope,their drug tests are new and I am grateful it is a clean place without temptation around period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birmingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr anybody anywhere 20,770
News Obama adds Alabama civil rights area to Park Se... Jan 13 Dr Wu 2
Clemson Jan 9 TinyTT 1
SUPPORT U.S. ARTIST EMCEE D UNKNOEN MUSIC Now Jan 7 Patrick Gilbride 1
News Alabama band to march at inauguration, igniting... Jan 5 slick willie expl... 22
brilee breidenbach Jan 5 poiuuy 1
Jamie Foxx can't keep his racist mouth shut (May '09) Jan 2 US Citizen 45

Birmingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Birmingham Mortgages