Wife of man found slain on Birmingham...

Wife of man found slain on Birmingham's I-65: "David was loved by many"

There are 61 comments on the Alabama Live story from Nov 26, 2012, titled Wife of man found slain on Birmingham's I-65: "David was loved by many". In it, Alabama Live reports that:

While Birmingham police detectives today have been trying to piece together the final hours in the life of a 28-year-old Grayson Valley man found fatally shot inside his SUV on Interstate 65 night, his wife and other friends and family are trying to come to grips with the loss of their loved one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#39 Apr 5, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Looks like the Lil' Woman had a few comments removed. She's trying to keep the truth from tearing down her illusion.
Not a few but a ton, but most of mine, hers and several others. Its ok though, i saved it all and i have shots and loads of posts of hers before she deleted them from other places too. There will be no hiding or lies no matter how she tries.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#40 Apr 5, 2013
wow wrote:
This is crazy! I just read the article. Are the authorities investigating his close circle? That's usually where the guilty are found. As for the wife, she's young and will marry again and start a family. Mr. DeRoncey will become a faded memory to her. It's clear that she is already moving in that direction. If they never lived together, how could that have been a true marriage anyway? What you are asking for doesn't seem to be a lot-a computer and childhood drawings/awards?? Any person with morals would give those few items to you. Then again, if it's true about taking money under false pretenses, morality probably isn't high on the list of virtues. BTW, I don't understand the "queer" comment. What does someone's sexual preference have to do with her husband's death? Is she a bigot? With her making that comment I wouldn't be surprised if people of color are being blamed for his death. Gheez, I better stop before I get too worked up. Peace to your family, Davidsmom. I hope you soon get closure.
Thank you so much, pray that justice is done.
you know me

Hamilton, AL

#41 Apr 6, 2013
DavidsMom wrote:
Oh last thing, being an adult, is being honest and right out in the open, UNLESS you are hiding something. Im not so you can say what you need to me right here.
I have nothing to hide. I do hope one day you apologize to my parents and other family members you've trashed. You have really hurt my parents and his sisters.
I do not think that honors David, do you? I am very sad that ive even had to open my mouth, when it would have been so much easier for you to just do the right thing and we all would have long been past this.
you are one crazy ass woman you sit there and try n make people look bad and say hurtful stuff that doesnt need to be said
you know me

Hamilton, AL

#42 Apr 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Maybe they should investigate a little closer to home.
maybe you shouldnots say dumb comments like that because you have no idea who or what happended that night, saying comments liketat doesnt do anyone any good and are truly pointless comments.

Hamilton, AL

#43 Apr 6, 2013
Wow wrote:
I'm really disgusted at how this situation is still unfolding. subpoena the cell tower records to see where David, little miss bipolar & the best friend of the year really were at the time of David's murder.
really.... lol get a life
atlantalivingisn ice

Hamilton, AL

#44 Apr 6, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Looks like the Lil' Woman had a few comments removed. She's trying to keep the truth from tearing down her illusion.
no she is prob just trying to keep her name out of yalls lieing mouths and hurtful comments that prove yal have hate in yals hearts and arnt truly christians she is tired of the lies and hurtful comments prob. that girl doesnt deserve that stuff she has been through enough in my oppinon.

Hamilton, AL

#45 Apr 6, 2013
wow wrote:
This is crazy! I just read the article. Are the authorities investigating his close circle? That's usually where the guilty are found. As for the wife, she's young and will marry again and start a family. Mr. DeRoncey will become a faded memory to her. It's clear that she is already moving in that direction. If they never lived together, how could that have been a true marriage anyway? What you are asking for doesn't seem to be a lot-a computer and childhood drawings/awards?? Any person with morals would give those few items to you. Then again, if it's true about taking money under false pretenses, morality probably isn't high on the list of virtues. BTW, I don't understand the "queer" comment. What does someone's sexual preference have to do with her husband's death? Is she a bigot? With her making that comment I wouldn't be surprised if people of color are being blamed for his death. Gheez, I better stop before I get too worked up. Peace to your family, Davidsmom. I hope you soon get closure.
what you dont see is he called her a slut and a cu*t and told her to rot in he*l and that she is a whore and a bunch of other comments that where un called for she called him a queer because he called her a dirty cu*t and said some real un called for stuff so she told him in these words she said go have another drink you acoholic queer so yea if he hadnt said the stuff he said she would of said the stuff she said no one was in the right but before you accuse just ashley you need to find the whole truth and know the sittuation and convo.so dont let people affect your judgement untill you know everything and know both sides of the convo and know the history between her david and his uncle so before you post half truths lean the whole truth on stuff and then use your judgement and see who truly is at fault before you comment on stuff you dont fully know

Hamilton, AL

#46 Apr 6, 2013
you know me wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one crazy ass woman you sit there and try n make people look bad and say hurtful stuff that doesnt need to be said
david would be ashamed at your comments and how you are treating ashley he would be so pissed and would prob not want anything to do with yall if he saw how you were treating her and how you are accusing her of have a part in his death he would be hurt and would porb not want anything to do with yall after he saw yall true colors

Hamilton, AL

#47 Apr 6, 2013
you know me wrote:
<quoted text>
she owes no one i mean NO ONE not one of yall an appologie she doesnt owe yall anything! Yall are the ones that owe her an appologie, if anyone owes anyone something yall owe her the biggest most heart felt appologie. yall should be ashamed how yall have slandered her name and tryed your best to push her further and further down and try to make her life even harder each day by saying stuff that is hurtful and stuff that isnt true. instead of trying to help her through the toughest time in her life yall want to treat her like crap and try to make her life a living hell when she hasnt done anything to deserve they way yall are treating her yall should be ashamed of yalls selfs. instead of calling her and seeing how she is holding up yall would rather talk behind her back and accuse her of having something to do with davs death which is so so stupid and that shows how truly ignorant yall are she loved david so much hewas her everything and she was his. she is going through the toughest time in her life and just need support and no one cares enough to be around when she needs someone the most. she crys her self to sleep every night she lost her best friend and he only true friendand for yal to make comment sthat she has moved on and gotten over david which is a stupid this to say untill yall care enough to see how she is holding u and to see how she is doing yal shouldnt be writing comments that are hurtful, if yall truly dont care for her and think she is a lier and what nuthing to do with her yall she stop posting stuff about her. she apparently is the center of yalls lives because thats the only thing yall want to talk about yall should focus all that time and energy on staying on the detective and putting the word out there and keeping the fire under the investagaion instead of waisting yalls time and getting nuthing accompilshed
Excuse me

Gregory, AR

#48 Apr 6, 2013
And What u don"t see is the fact that EVERYTHING David's mother has said it's true, I mean how about when she told David's family at the funeral that they couldn't play "Jesus" music because "David didn't believe in god, he believed in aliens", David would be embarrassed about how his family is acting????, Pretty sure they offered to pay 4 the headstone, and she denied the permission cuz she was in charge of it, How about when she was so pilled out at the funeral that she wouldn't let anybody pay respects 2 David, cuz she was practically crawling in his casket... How about lets be real and honest, cmon now, lets get this out in the open, Prove his family has been ugly 2 Ashley, PROVE IT.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#49 Apr 6, 2013
Pretty clear who is posting trash as usual and using a fake name to do it. Liars have to remain hidden, they cannot be open and say what they think before the world.

I have nothing to hide.

Funny you cant just be honest and talk to me openly under your own name like i do. Like i asked you before, when you posted a few lies right here that i straightened up for you and the world by posting what you left on my voice mail.

You want to claim ive said some nasty filth words to you? Them post them, and prove it.

You have my full permission to post MY words along with proof that they actually ARE MY words.

What do i have to lie about?

Nothing.

Keep trashing me - may God forgive you because one day if you keep it up girl, you will be reaping what you have sown. Thats a promise right in the word of God.

You wont be liking that lesson.

Evil doers think that because judgment does not come immediately that it isnt coming.

Its coming, and I pray that you get right with God, before that lesson hits you hard or you end up in the pit without Christ.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#50 Apr 6, 2013
The lying hider, has of course to get the truth removed, after she got caught in her own lies, she had to remove her posts and mine showing where she lied.

Shameful. I hope you repent one day, and apologize to all the people you are hurting.
Church Member

Birmingham, AL

#53 Apr 7, 2013
Verna talking about how David was upset with her son ( I am guessing your brother) because he entered their home and stole things from David's room so I am sure your brother is not the one you need as a spokesperson to the wife.
I hope you can realize that the only real issue you have with the wife is the artwork but I gave you a solution for that. I want to to come to our church with sister Verna and let us pray for you and maybe allow use to help find you some professional help anyone would need after the loss of a child. i will introduce myself when you come. God Bless
Church Member

Birmingham, AL

#54 Apr 7, 2013
Sorry. This was posted out of order. I am one of your mothers church members. I have been following these post for some time now. You as for help will here it is.
Complaint number 1
the artwork
I are upset that the wife has kept some artwork. You and your mother have also said that David lived with sister Verna. Verna told my mother that she was not going to allow the wife back in her home and that the wife was only allowed to have just her stuff she had left there. If you and sister Verna would give the wife the things that are special to her I am sure she would give you the artwork.

Compliant number 2
the tombstone
I have known for a few weeks that the tombstone has been order. Sister Verna is upset with the wife for putting a personal quote from David on it. I have found on one of the decal sites for David the wife asking permission to have it put on a custom made vase for him. So that has been takien care of.
Complaint number 3
the car
You posted I believe in post number 10 that your family in fact wanted Ashley to have the car. Sister Verna told my mother she did not want Ashley to have it. Verna felt since the car insurance was in her name she should get the car. In the state of Alabama the next of kin gets it.
Two sides to every story

Birmingham, AL

#55 Apr 7, 2013
Excuse me wrote:
And What u don"t see is the fact that EVERYTHING David's mother has said it's true, I mean how about when she told David's family at the funeral that they couldn't play "Jesus" music because "David didn't believe in god, he believed in aliens", David would be embarrassed about how his family is acting????, Pretty sure they offered to pay 4 the headstone, and she denied the permission cuz she was in charge of it, How about when she was so pilled out at the funeral that she wouldn't let anybody pay respects 2 David, cuz she was practically crawling in his casket... How about lets be real and honest, cmon now, lets get this out in the open, Prove his family has been ugly 2 Ashley, PROVE IT.
She stated that she didn't want the whole funeral to be religous music because David was not a big religous person. Let's get facts and not bits and pieces of information and put what we want everything to say in it. I think if you have a problem with the wife to actually ask her her side of everything.
A lovign mother and wife

Birmingham, AL

#56 Apr 7, 2013
For the pilled out part I personally think I would be under a little medication too if my husband or even my daughter ever passed. I see nothing wrong with her being curled up to her husband in the casket. Before any of you guys say another word you all should put yourself in the situation the wife was in.
Ashley DeRoncey

Birmingham, AL

#57 Apr 7, 2013
I do not post on here. If you want to speak with me Melissa you have my number. I have nothing to hide just simply think post on a forum is useless. However since you won't return my numerous calls I'll state this and only this. You can have the items you want once you return mine at the same time. I will give you the artwork to your mother and she can mail them. I personally do not care for my belongings that your mother posses. As for the computer I will not return it. I do not even use it. I cant even open it right now without crying. I simply have it for the memories it holds of me and David, such as our wedding that you laugh at. Me and him took our marriage serious. We didn't want to ever end up divorced and remarried several times. The tombstone has been ordered for weeks now. I told your mother but I suppose yall arent on talking terms...again.... Anything else you have my number.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#58 Apr 7, 2013
Church Member wrote:
I have been following these post for a few weeks searching for updates on David. I am a member of Sister Verna's church and our mothers are friends. Some of the ladies at church are very concerned about this situation. You have ask for help so here it is.
Complaint number 1
the artwork
It is my understanding through your post and Verna that David lived with Verna. Therefore all of David's belongings are at your mothers house. Verna has stated to my mother that she will not allow back in her home and she is keeping David's things. I am sure the wife is holdong on to what she has because that is all she has. You and Sister Verna need to offer the things that are valuable to the wife and then I am sure she will give the artwork.
Complaint number 2
the tombstone
I have known the tombstone has been order for a few weeks now. Sister Verna has been complianing how she is unhappy with having a personal quote from David on it. I found under a website for one of the decals for David the wife posted the owner for permission to use the decal on a custom made vase for the tombstone. So that has been taken care of.
Complaint number 3
the car
You posted I believe in post number 10 that your family in fact wanted Ashley to have the car. Sister Verna told my mother she did not want Ashley to have it. Verna felt since the car insurance was in her name she should get the car. In the state of Alabama the next of kin gets it.
There is no way you are a member of her church, all your facts are wrong. You are clearly just another player.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#59 Apr 7, 2013
Two sides to every story wrote:
<quoted text>
She stated that she didn't want the whole funeral to be religous music because David was not a big religous person. Let's get facts and not bits and pieces of information and put what we want everything to say in it. I think if you have a problem with the wife to actually ask her her side of everything.
That is a flat out lie, She had me and his father in the backroom of the funeral home and told us point blank with the director right there and her mother and a pastor and her other step father and said " the reason we do not want any Jesus music is because David was an atheist" both myself and davids father were shocked at her lie.

I asked Davids wife who said it, what makes you think that? and her response was " David believed in aliens" and i said did david ever tell you he was an atheist himself" and she said "no."

Then i told her loads of people believe in aliens doesnt mean they are atheist at all. Davids father along was a witness as well as the funeral director in the room. The girl is a liar.

Lets say he really was, what kind of person would tell the boys mother that right before hes buried when it wouldnt matter other than to be evil and hateful?

We all know the answer of what kind of person would do that. I want nothing to do with this girl, except to get his headstone up and send me back what she already promised.

When those things happen, as far as i am concerned, she is out of my life completely and I pray for her forgiveness.
DavidsMom

Dallas, TX

#60 Apr 7, 2013
Ashley DeRoncey wrote:
I do not post on here. If you want to speak with me Melissa you have my number. I have nothing to hide just simply think post on a forum is useless. However since you won't return my numerous calls I'll state this and only this. You can have the items you want once you return mine at the same time. I will give you the artwork to your mother and she can mail them. I personally do not care for my belongings that your mother posses. As for the computer I will not return it. I do not even use it. I cant even open it right now without crying. I simply have it for the memories it holds of me and David, such as our wedding that you laugh at. Me and him took our marriage serious. We didn't want to ever end up divorced and remarried several times. The tombstone has been ordered for weeks now. I told your mother but I suppose yall arent on talking terms...again.... Anything else you have my number.
Keep lying and may God forgive you. I truely hope that one day you know the Lord and have a nice life and get this fixed because i seriously dont wish to speak to you about the weather privately, i want you to finish this up an let me move on with my life.

I see you are backtracking to, you promised at the funeral and then in January that i would get those things back and you knew they were mine at the funeral.

I will not believe a word from you, ive seen you lie too much.

When its all done, then i will believe it. Do what you promised and let me move on with my life like you did a week after his funeral with your new "man".

Other than that, i have nothing to say to you than i am working on forgiving you before God and pray that God will also, even if you never do what you promised or the right thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birmingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indivisible Birmingham group demands town hall ... 16 hr Muscogulus 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Mikeymike116 20,936
News Police move against illegal immigration (Dec '07) Mar 20 Samuel-7g-Jackson 48
News Woman on tracks to 'clear her mind' hit by train (Jun '09) Feb '17 Phartticus 13
Jamie Foxx can't keep his racist mouth shut (May '09) Feb '17 OK help plz 46
Pot holes are a blessing from God. Feb '17 Rednecksgohome 1
church of satan Feb '17 Obama 4

Birmingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Birmingham Mortgages