Wife of man found slain on Birmingham's I-65: "David was loved by many"

Nov 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alabama Live

While Birmingham police detectives today have been trying to piece together the final hours in the life of a 28-year-old Grayson Valley man found fatally shot inside his SUV on Interstate 65 night, his wife and other friends and family are trying to come to grips with the loss of their loved one.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Antoinette DeJesus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Very sad that something like this happened to such a young man.What kind of world are we living in?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

A SAD ONE.... AS A FRIEND OF DAVID'S I GRADUATED WITH HIM AND WOULD LOVE FOR ANYBODY TO SPEAK UP TO THE POLICE IF THEY HEARD, SEEN OR KNOW OF ANYTHING AT ALL..... IT WILL GET THIS MORON OR EVEN MORONS HOWEVER MANY THERE WERE OFF OF THE STREETS SO HE OR SHE OR THEY CANT HURT NOBODY ELSE. IF ANYTHING AND YOU KNOW SOMETHING I WILL SEND OUT MY EMAIL AND YALL CAN GIVE ME A HOLLAR........ all tips in email will be kept anonymous.....hey_peeps@yahoo. com........THANKS TO ANYBODY IF YOU EMAIL ME :) IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

I am Davids mother, and i cant get any answers - depending on who i speak to at the police station they give me vastly different stories.

The news says he was at the shell station on oxmoor road and greensprings hwy but police tell me they arent sure which shell he was at and the shell attendant working that day, says David didnt even come in there that day.

Something is up and someone isnt doing their job - im his mother for crying out loud and cannot get any straight answers!

How does no one see anything on the busiest travel day of the year on one of the busiest interstates in the US?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

its unreal how nobody seen anything when you know there were people out there on that same interstate besides him.... PLEASE PEOPLE WE ARE BEGGING YOU IF U KNOW OF ANYTHING OR ARE AFRAID TO SPEAK BOUT IT ON HERE CALL THE BIRMINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT AND TELL THEM THE INFORMATION..... You can remain anonymous either way it goes... but we gotta find the person or people that done this to David..... Thanks again ahead of time

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Maybe they should investigate a little closer to home.
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I am wondering why there are no updates in the news and still no tangible information after nearly 3 months now.

Please if you know anything about my son, contact the police \!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I completely agree... this is stupid, somebody has to know something.. if it was your loved ones in this situation u would be doing the same thing........ WE ARE BEGGING YOU TO COME FORWARD WITH ANY INFORMATION TO THE POLICE... PLEASE???
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Spoke to the police yesterday, still nothing, have no idea what is happening and he still has no headstone placed on his grave 3 months later after his wife received ample donations to pay for "funeral expenses" as well as received his life insurance policy.

Does anyone out there know what is going on? Please- I need some hope.

God bless richly all those who loved and cared for him and anyone who will come forward with anything you might know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

i havent heard anything either, i wish they would find out what is going on.... its really bothering me how NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN ANYTHING on that interstate at that time..... if anybody seen anything please come forward to the police with any information you have. last i heard there is still a reward for finding David's killer so please if you know ANYTHING dont hesitate to call the birmingham police department with all info that could lead to an arrest.. DAVID WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE LOVED AND CARED ABOUT BY MANY, ALL WE WANT IS YOUR INFO TO LEAD TO THE PERSON(S) WHO KILLED HIM ON HIS WAY HOME FROM WORK
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Still no updates except his wife wont let us get him a tombstone and she started dating a friend of his within a week of his funeral, took some items that belong to me as his mother from my mothers home without permission to display at the funeral to show his achievements = and now refuses to return them like she promised she would after the funeral- its his art work he earned ribbons on in both Greene county fairs and in elementary school in Alabama that i helped with him with LONG before she even knew him. And now she has a new boyfriend, what does she even need with that stuff she promised to return?

How can she do this to someone she said she loved, hes been laying there for months now with no gravestone, yet she received the 10,000 insurance money from his life insurance that was left over after all funeral costs were paid for by the rest of his total 25,000 policy - she paid nothing out of pocket and also received many donations from many of his friends for her and 'his family' that only went to her that she said was for funeral expenses that were already covered. There should be more than enough for grave marker there.

I don't understand - shes disrespecting my only son. I dont care a dime about the money and my parents even offered her his car even though they never lived together and my parents were who paid for it and the insurance on it and took care of him.

We even offered to put a gravestone up at our own expense and she emphatically denied it - called my brother and queer and him to go buy a bottle and get over it - and instead we are getting trashed by this girl and told no we could not. Ive been kind to her and just asked for his art work and lap top only. How would her family feel if we treated them like that?

All i asked for is his art stuff from school and winning ribbons on them and his laptop that i paid for is that too much for a mother to ask and they have promised for months to get then back to me and they wont even call me back now - and they lie about my parents and family and David didnt even live with her for one day, he married her to help her get financial aid because she told him that her parents wouldn't help her... they never lived together even for one day which is why they kept it secret from thier friends - David did not want them to know he married her - he said if they worked out he would have a real wedding (not a court house ring pop wedding) in a year or 2 and they both remained at their own homes - her at her folks and him and my parents home. He did not support her financially in any way whatever.

Any advice on anything we can do about any of this mess? We are trying to grieve and do not need her and her mothers drama -shes promised more than 5 times to get that gravemarker now and send me my things of my sons that are personal to me.

Ive never asked her for one dime of my sons insurance of items other than personal artwork and his laptop with videos of our family and we even gave her all life insurance proceeds and his car our of the goodness of our hearts and shes been living with his close male friend he had had for a few years since less than 2 months after my son is in the ground. My son was a good caring and loving man who would offer the shirt off his back and i am sick of him being disrespected and lied about and she is not honoring him this way. My son was no person like these people are. Please if you knew about him and wanted to help do it the right waym through a trust in a real bank earmarked for either reward to help find his killer(s) or to help get a headstone since his wife wont do it.

Thank you any prayers and thoughts are well appreciated and such a blessing.

If anyone can add anything or knows anything, call crimestoppers - you CAN REMAIN ANONYMOUS! PLEASE MY HEART IS BREAKING, THINK IF THIS WAS YOUR CHILD - THANK YOU
Stacey

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Does $15,000 grand sound good? That is how much total you will receive from crime stoppers and the state of Alabama in reward money if you are the person that can bring the shooter(s) to justice! Speak up, people!

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

The comments left on the attached thread sure do bring up some interesting questions.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22399...
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Oh last thing, being an adult, is being honest and right out in the open, UNLESS you are hiding something. Im not so you can say what you need to me right here.

I have nothing to hide. I do hope one day you apologize to my parents and other family members you've trashed. You have really hurt my parents and his sisters.

I do not think that honors David, do you? I am very sad that ive even had to open my mouth, when it would have been so much easier for you to just do the right thing and we all would have long been past this.
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

This post is for anyone reading this, i am writing all this here, because i cannot get on my facebook, its been messed up for a long time since i used to play some of those games on there. I have not been able to see one post on facebook except from those who their pages open to the public, since i cannot get in mine. Its been messed up since before David passed so i cant see anything on there either, but i thank many of you for posting the wonderful youtube videos - i watch them all the time.

So please, since i cannot read the things on facebook - please copy responses here, or come talk to me here if you need to talk, or want to add anything or anything and just knew my son or just for me or even if you didnt know him and are interested to see this thing out till justice comes or to let me thank all of you who loved him and i know there are a ton of you and you do not begin to know the joy youve given me for your kind words and honor youve shown about my son, and i know that even in all the drama, your heart was in the right place, and you were showing him love.

Thank you - im a little slow posting back on here, but know i will get to you if you post to me.

God bless and be with you all and remember crime stoppers is anonymous, call them if you know ANYTHING no matter how small, it could be something huge, thank you
please

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

to davids mom don't give up hope.your fellings is your feelings.david came from your body.you raised him.you are his mother.she is his wife.a mothers love is true and always.a wifes is till the next one.she mite be morrin or not.she only knows how she feels.but for you find some way to find peace in your heart!i losted my son in 1995 my life was destroyed.i started smoking crack went to prison and just 6 years ago I was able to free my self and been clean 6 years now.i want to still make my son proud not shamed.so don't fall like I did.find god or what ever you have to do to stay strong..david is always in you he lives in your vains......
Wow

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

I'm really disgusted at how this situation is still unfolding. subpoena the cell tower records to see where David, little miss bipolar & the best friend of the year really were at the time of David's murder.
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

please wrote:
to davids mom don't give up hope.your fellings is your feelings.david came from your body.you raised him.you are his mother.she is his wife.a mothers love is true and always.a wifes is till the next one.she mite be morrin or not.she only knows how she feels.but for you find some way to find peace in your heart!i losted my son in 1995 my life was destroyed.i started smoking crack went to prison and just 6 years ago I was able to free my self and been clean 6 years now.i want to still make my son proud not shamed.so don't fall like I did.find god or what ever you have to do to stay strong..david is always in you he lives in your vains......
Thank you for your beautiful words and my heart goes out to you as well, I have never known grief like this - the loss of your child. God bless and be with you and comfort you - and i think its wonderful that you found the strength to get clean - again thank you
wow

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

This is crazy! I just read the article. Are the authorities investigating his close circle? That's usually where the guilty are found. As for the wife, she's young and will marry again and start a family. Mr. DeRoncey will become a faded memory to her. It's clear that she is already moving in that direction. If they never lived together, how could that have been a true marriage anyway? What you are asking for doesn't seem to be a lot-a computer and childhood drawings/awards?? Any person with morals would give those few items to you. Then again, if it's true about taking money under false pretenses, morality probably isn't high on the list of virtues. BTW, I don't understand the "queer" comment. What does someone's sexual preference have to do with her husband's death? Is she a bigot? With her making that comment I wouldn't be surprised if people of color are being blamed for his death. Gheez, I better stop before I get too worked up. Peace to your family, Davidsmom. I hope you soon get closure.
Disgusted

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Looks like the Lil' Woman had a few comments removed. She's trying to keep the truth from tearing down her illusion.
DavidsMom

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

There are loads of my posts missing and i notice hers are now missing too, hope that shows you all what i meant and why i wont talk to her privately, its ok though, i keep her screen shots from before she removes her posts and her nasty messages.

I am very happy though that most saw the truth finally.

God sees it all, she cannot hide from Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Birmingham Discussions

Search the Birmingham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 17,929
will smith worse 11 hr vestavia concern 1
oxy,4s,boy (Sep '10) Wed DKN213 6
Jewish scholar lectures on 'How Islam Saved the... Wed Daniel 3
Lookin for boy...or miss roxy Apr 22 DKN213 1
Debate: Marijuana - Birmingham, AL (Aug '10) Apr 20 Zebo 254
A white mayor for 'the chocolate city'? Apr 18 Kip 33
•••
•••