Trooper captain charged with sexual abuse, fired

Alabama State Trooper Capt. Keith Wilson Kelley has been arrested and charged with first-degree sodomy and first-degree sexual abuse of a 20-year-old woman allegedly threatened with jail. Full Story
VLBN

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2007
I think this is a bunch of CRAP!!!!! ALLEDGED IS THE KEY WORD IN THIS STORY!!!!!
mycloud

United States

#2 Oct 1, 2007
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Troy Woman

Troy, AL

#3 Oct 1, 2007
I think it is ashamed that this trooper's name is smeared when the charges are ALLEGED. I am from the same home town as his family; they are good people. There are so many public officials who commit acts of corruption against public trust, yet they "slither" from these acts by using the system to their advantage, often escaping public exposure. And these are only ALLEGED charges at this point? What's wrong? I hate that his family are having to suffer the media exposure from ALLEGED charges.
Someone who knows

Clayton, AL

#4 Oct 4, 2007
C'mon folks-do your research. The media can only report the facts. There WAS an assault. There WAS an investigation. He was FIRED as a result of EVIDENCE presented in that investigation. DNA maybe? A tentured trooper would not have been FIRED if there wasn't indisputable proof. Could it be that this is also not his 1st go 'round with this type of allegation? Could it be that other young ladies have come forward in the past? He'll have his day in court. If he's guilty, then he deserves to be crucified by the media, and should feel the wrath of his sexual indiscretion, punishable with jail time or public flogging!
common sense

United States

#5 Oct 7, 2007
Someone who knows wrote:
C'mon folks-do your research. The media can only report the facts. There WAS an assault. There WAS an investigation. He was FIRED as a result of EVIDENCE presented in that investigation. DNA maybe? A tentured trooper would not have been FIRED if there wasn't indisputable proof. Could it be that this is also not his 1st go 'round with this type of allegation? Could it be that other young ladies have come forward in the past? He'll have his day in court. If he's guilty, then he deserves to be crucified by the media, and should feel the wrath of his sexual indiscretion, punishable with jail time or public flogging!
So when did the technology evolve? Woman reports ALLEDGED incident on Wednesday, Trooper suspended on Thursday, fired on Friday. So I take it - DNA was collected from the Trooper and the ALLEDGED victim and confirmatory results were received, all of this occured in less than 48 hrs?? I don't think so....."Someone Who Knows" Does not to KNOW very much at all!!!
Ted

Birmingham, AL

#6 Oct 7, 2007
I agree, why was this man fired? She could of set him up. He should be suspended without pay, until he has his day in court. Maybe this is why we are always so short of troopers, let's fire them first, ask questions later.
TROY

Modesto, CA

#7 Oct 7, 2007
ALL COPS ARE CORRUPT AND THEY LACK MORAL DISCIPLINE.. WHEN ONE COP GETS BUSTED ALL THE OTHER ONES HOLD UP THEIR HANDS AND CRY OUT PLEASE DONT LOOK AT ALL OF US LIKE WERE ALL BAD COPS!!!! BUT THE WAY I SEE IT IS IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THE CORRUPTION AND DO NOTHING TO GET THEM OFF THE FORCE THEN THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND THEREFOR JUST AS CULPABLE AS THE CORRUPT COP
Fresh Look

Birmingham, AL

#8 Oct 18, 2007
TROY wrote:
ALL COPS ARE CORRUPT AND THEY LACK MORAL DISCIPLINE.. WHEN ONE COP GETS BUSTED ALL THE OTHER ONES HOLD UP THEIR HANDS AND CRY OUT PLEASE DONT LOOK AT ALL OF US LIKE WERE ALL BAD COPS!!!! BUT THE WAY I SEE IT IS IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THE CORRUPTION AND DO NOTHING TO GET THEM OFF THE FORCE THEN THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND THEREFOR JUST AS CULPABLE AS THE CORRUPT COP
The next time you are a thousand miles from home, and your wife tells you someone is breaking in your house, DON'T call the cops since they are all corrupt.
no problem

Tallassee, AL

#9 Jan 6, 2008
This man is guilty, if not of this one of others. He is married to wife number 3. He has never been faithful to any woman. We all need to pray for his family. They are also victims.
Paradox

Nashville, TN

#10 Jan 21, 2008
mycloud wrote:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
It no longer exsists ,thanks to overzealous prosecutors.
paleobrute

Enterprise, AL

#12 Jan 28, 2008
All of you people hollering about "alleged" charges need to read the article again. The only person with "alleged" charges was the woman. The state trooper was not fired over "alleged" charges; he's been arrested and charged.
Fred

Albertville, AL

#13 Jul 19, 2012
whats the outcome of the trial ???
Fred

Albertville, AL

#14 Aug 8, 2012
Did this get covered up What was the outcome of the case?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birmingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Bar or Nightclub in Birmingham 9 hr BirthdayGirl 1
How many degrees below zero was Alabama's colde... Sat icthelite 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat FastFred 104
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jan 28 Alberto 19,592
millwall johnny anything goes Jan 23 Johnny 1
Hello Everyone, Jan 19 Mrs Cara 1
Very bad mechanic Jan 19 bamalover 2
Birmingham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Birmingham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST