13-year-old killed in Birmingham robb...

13-year-old killed in Birmingham robbery attempt identified

There are 26 comments on the Alabama Live story from May 1, 2012, titled 13-year-old killed in Birmingham robbery attempt identified. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- A Birmingham 13-year old boy shot to death Friday at the Skyview Condominum complex has been identified as Ja'Quares Cortez Walker, also known as "Little Tez." Ja'Quares was a student in the seventh grade at Martha Gaskins Middle School in east Birmingham, where he was quarterback for the school football team, school ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#1 May 1, 2012
I love happy endings. Another violent sub human savage that will never hurt or rob anyone again!
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#2 May 1, 2012
Nice shootin! Who in the hell names their kid Ja'Quares? Glad the intended victim was able to take this feral animal out!
Uknown person

Lugoff, SC

#3 May 1, 2012
why talk all the BS about him, so he waas doing something wrong, it doesnt mean kill him!
n4jj

Bessemer, AL

#4 May 1, 2012
He was cocked and loaded. In my world, that means kill him. No BS.
bamababe

Bagdad, AZ

#5 May 1, 2012
Uknown person wrote:
why talk all the BS about him, so he waas doing something wrong, it doesnt mean kill him!
what, wait for them to kill you? Sure you'd feel different if it was someone you knew!
bham al

Albertville, AL

#6 May 2, 2012
You people who dont live in this city have no idea what you are talking about..If a 13yr old has the nuts to have a loaded gun and point it at you ..you better believe if you have a gun u better kill him/her or you will be in a casket. Same situation in Iraq while i was there kids were 9yrs old and shooting at us and better believe my unit handled it.(2FSSG H&S BN)
bham

Birmingham, AL

#7 May 2, 2012
Some people are just plain ignorant. What does his name have to do with anything.
Slayer

Sylacauga, AL

#8 May 2, 2012
Where does a 13-year-old learn that holding up two adults with a loaded gun is a good idea? My guess is the people he is around every day. The mother sounds as if she's looking to sue someone and make a name for herself as a result of her son's death. What was the adult suppose to do -- Trayvon Martin supporters would say they should have just handed everything they had of value over to him. But that doesn't mean he (13-year-old) wouldn't have shot them anyway.

Death of a very young teenager is horrible -- even for the person who felt he had to shoot him.
anti-zionist

Lansdowne, PA

#9 May 2, 2012
bham wrote:
Some people are just plain ignorant. What does his name have to do with anything.
His name shows his parents are ghetto apes with a vehement hatred of Western Civilization.
Shocked

Milledgeville, GA

#10 May 3, 2012
I think it is sad that people are more concerned with the race of the child and not the fact that some children need better role models to avoid situations like this from occuring. No parent, adult, child, or any individual is perfect. I do not know what I would of done in such a situation but I know his name or race means nothing in regards to how sad this situation is.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 May 3, 2012
Uknown person wrote:
Yeah, he should be free to rob and kill....er, what?
Tyrone

Ottawa, Canada

#12 May 4, 2012
Uknown person wrote:
Ya! Wassup wit dat? The bro be robbin some dude and fer dat he gits offed?
Fkn Funny

Puebla, Mexico

#13 May 4, 2012
Kill em young before they multiply is the only solution. And yeah who names these apes anyway? They should be given a fkn prison number at birth nothing more. Maybe tatoo it on their ass so its visible 24/7. Gimme a break. Whos gonna ask the cute little bastard what his intentions are as he sticks a loaded 22 (gotta be a Sat Nite Spl)in your face. Oh maybe they should all be required by law to carry business cards with their cute little faces on them. 8 yr old photos attached.(All puppies are cute!) The cards could say, this is what I looked like when I was a baby. You cant believe that now as Im telling you to get out of your car and leave me your cash and your wife. This is a real gun that my moms pimp left under her bed. Moms on crack and is unemployed because her pimp is in jail again. I dont wanna be here but its my job.
Dont bother to read the 2nd card the monkey shoves in your face. Grab your handgun and press. If he is still kicking press until all movement stops, reload and look for others. Leave the scene. If not begin to shake and tremble. Practice repeating how you feared for your life. Do not tell the police its your 7th time exterminating since high school. Tell you wife to remain speechless and cry. You can celebrate at Pizza Hut later. With the police. They understand. Tell them to bury the pc of shit face down with his pants at half mast! And we love you!
Fkn Funny

Puebla, Mexico

#14 May 4, 2012
Tyrone wrote:
<quoted text>Ya! Wassup wit dat? The bro be robbin some dude and fer dat he gits offed?
They make good target practice. Tell one to rob me!
Somebody

United States

#15 May 5, 2012
[QUu r a stupid b##ch to make a comment like that first off who is the white guy that shot him
If it was a black man 35 that shot him his name would be in the paper

OTE who="Sheik Yerbouti"]I love happy endings. Another violent sub human savage that will never huru
t or rob anyone again![/QOTE]
Somebody

United States

#17 May 5, 2012
All u people on here are ignorant the name calling bad mouthing his mom put yourself in her shoes but wait u cant instead u use harsh words yea the kid did a stup thing and paid the price but I feel like the dummies who boost his head up to do this should also be the blame they knew what he was going to do but wait just blame this kid who was only trying to fit in and get accepted by older people so all u judge mental perks only god has the right to judge nobody perfect sometimes we all make bad decisions we can fix well he mad one a bad one by trying to fit in let this kid soul rest and his mother grieve and we pray that at least some other kid wont make the same bad decision
Fkn Funny

Zacatelco, Mexico

#18 May 5, 2012
Ok somebody, Now God has a perfectly good chance to judge this little criminal pc of shit. He can take his time. No worldly rush by us. Good riddence. Too bad theres no bounty on hoodlums like that. Moms to blame too. She bred the little scumbag and turned him loose on society. Why shouldnt she be charged too? Just like the owner of a pitbull who bites someone. Too bad the shooter didnt get the whole carload!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 May 5, 2012
Somebody wrote:
All u people on here are ignorant the name calling bad mouthing his mom put yourself in her shoes but wait u cant instead u use harsh words yea the kid did a stup thing and paid the price but I feel like the dummies who boost his head up to do this should also be the blame they knew what he was going to do but wait just blame this kid who was only trying to fit in and get accepted by older people so all u judge mental perks only god has the right to judge nobody perfect sometimes we all make bad decisions we can fix well he mad one a bad one by trying to fit in let this kid soul rest and his mother grieve and we pray that at least some other kid wont make the same bad decision
As usual, in your kind of african american universe, no one takes responsibility for anything...not the mom or the thug child....typical....Here is just how bad it is, and these aren't even all blacks....yesterday i heard this statistic....90% of all NFL players, that made over $15 million, in their careers, are now bankrupt..........staggering.. ...
Lil Jt

Birmingham, AL

#20 Aug 24, 2012
Mhaane Fckk All Yhu Haterz Nd Rip Lil Tez..!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Lil Jt wrote:
Mhaane Fckk All Yhu Haterz Nd Rip Lil Tez..!
One less P.O.S that the BPD will have to deal with in the future. Some low life with a gun that wouldn't think twice about ripping your guts out with a slug needs to have in the back of their minds that what goes around comes around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birmingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Vertelli 21,710
News Study Explains One Reason Hair Can Turn Gray May 21 David 8
News Pastor defends church sign that says 'black fol... May 20 Smack 1
News Case against teen charged in Huffman High Schoo... May 16 Bob 1
Time for Big Cuts to Entitlements May 8 ThomasA 83
Megan Setterstorm Mobile Al Morgan Stanley Do N... May 6 Erin 1
Can't defend Trump May 5 ThomasA 78

Birmingham Jobs

Personal Finance

Birmingham Mortgages