L. Harrison Paving
Linda E Slater

Glennville, GA

#1 Sep 20, 2010
We had Mr. Harrison do some driveway paving for us last February. His business is located in Birdsboro and he had his crew down south as it is too cold in PA to do paving. He put ground-up asphalt on our driveway and told us that when the weather turned hot it would become hard and we would never have a problem with it. He gave me his card and said that if we had any problems, let him know.
As you can see from the weather, we have had temperatures in the 100's all summer and despite his assurances and the heat, our driveway has potholes. One side has eroded so badly that we have had to use Sacrite (concrete and sand premixed) to fill in the holes.
I called the local number on his card and was told they were not available. I have called his Birdsboro number twice, got the answering service and he has never returned my calls. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. They have one other complaint that he never responded to and they show him out of business.
Has anyone else had a problem with Mr. Harrison? Now we are out of $1450.00 and left with the cost of repair. We are not sure if we will have to have the asphalt removed and redone or if we can pave over it. Either way, it will be costly to us as we will have the repair cost on top of his fee.
My best advise to anyone there is beware of Mr. Harrison. He talks the talk but does not walk the walk and I will pass the word around our neighborhood to find someone else to do their paving if he shows up here again (which I doubt since I am probably not the only one he has grabbed the money from and ran).
Linda Slater

Vidalia, GA

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Believe or not, Harrison Paving showed up at my front door again on 2/6/14 and wanted to do more paving for me. Of course I declined and my husband called the county police as we had seen news reports warning people of paving scams.
Apparently they called him because he called us. He gave all kinds of excuses for not calling back in 2010 and promised that he would come to our house and do whatever was necessary to get back in our good graces including refunding our money.
As expected, he did not call, did not come and is not answering his phone. We will make another call to the police tomorrow.
STAY AWAY FROM L. HARRISON PAVING,
kurtcooksalot16

Walla Walla, WA

#3 Oct 28, 2014
I just want to get the pavers that you can use to make a road. They are like bricks but, different. The look nice as a backyard road. http://growgreenland.com/pavers.php

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birdsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dance One Studios Sep '17 Dorothy 1
News Pennsylvania law targets puppy mills (Oct '08) Aug '17 Elisa 321
Mountain lion in Honey Brook (Oct '14) Jun '17 30packaday 4
Lowes at Morgantown Crossing (Nov '16) Nov '16 Angrygirl 1
Elverson church (Apr '16) Oct '16 Angrygirl 3
Basic Prepaid Phone Plans - Now On Sale! (Apr '16) Apr '16 financewoman 1
Vandalism in Elverson 7/2/15 (Jul '15) Jul '15 dogwalker 5

Birdsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance