County Commissioners Support Fight Ag...

County Commissioners Support Fight Against Proposed Race Track

There are 9 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 20, 2009, titled County Commissioners Support Fight Against Proposed Race Track. In it, WFMZ reports that:

The Berks County commissioners are helping to refuel Union Township's fight against a proposed race track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Jeff

Irvington, NJ

#1 Aug 20, 2009
This is why Berks County is so backwards.They let developers build strip mall after strip mall that sit empty yet something like this that would actually be used and generate money they want to help block.I guess the commissioners won't be getting any kickback from these developers.this would give people another option for something to do.Honestly there is not much in Berks to do
Scott

Schnecksville, PA

#2 Aug 20, 2009
Pockets are running dry. This is a total joke. Strip malls run dry and they turn this down.
uhhh

Gilbertsville, PA

#3 Aug 20, 2009
100% for the race track and live within a half mile of where it would be.
Sue

Peru, IN

#4 Aug 20, 2009
when are they going to leave this alone. let him build the track. look at the money it will bring into the community. how about taking that 20,000 dollars and help the jobless in the twp instead of waisting it on leagle fees. grow up people.
Bill

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2009
Sure why would having a business that pays taxes and brings in revenue for the town be accepted. Morons in our government hand out free money to the lazy, free money to businesses that are failures such as BonTon, and they fight tooth and nail against a silly race track.
ralph

Ephrata, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2009
first the local residents do not want this race track. they don't want the noise, traffic, dirt and every thing else from a race track. why is it when the people don't want to put up with some thing big money buys in to go against their rights. it is about time the citizens take back their rights. why not boycott the other party, their family, lawyers and their family and judges and their family. find out who they are, have nothing to do with them, refuse to buy or sell to them.
Marc

New York, NY

#7 Aug 21, 2009
racing is really cool but it's got to seriously help the community in a proactive way.. look at what happened with Nazareth speedway.. if it goes up for sale after awhile and isn't collecting revenue than it won't help with local taxation

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Aug 21, 2009
ralph wrote:
first the local residents do not want this race track. they don't want the noise, traffic, dirt and every thing else from a race track. why is it when the people don't want to put up with some thing big money buys in to go against their rights. it is about time the citizens take back their rights. why not boycott the other party, their family, lawyers and their family and judges and their family. find out who they are, have nothing to do with them, refuse to buy or sell to them.
Usually the people who don't want something fun around their area they live in should just move to Florida with the rest of the retired zombies. This isn't about rights, it's about a bunch of angry, hateful jerks who don't appreciate the family feel of a race track and campground. I would be willing to bet no one would complain if they paved the entire area and put a nice Walmart, Lowes, Rite-aid combo there. This country is becoming more of a joke each day.
Marc

New York, NY

#9 Aug 21, 2009
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually the people who don't want something fun around their area they live in should just move to Florida with the rest of the retired zombies. This isn't about rights, it's about a bunch of angry, hateful jerks who don't appreciate the family feel of a race track and campground. I would be willing to bet no one would complain if they paved the entire area and put a nice Walmart, Lowes, Rite-aid combo there. This country is becoming more of a joke each day.
You definitely have a valid point my friend.. I am open to giving it a chance but I hope it doesn't have a downward spiral effect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birdsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes at Morgantown Crossing (Nov '16) Nov '16 Angrygirl 1
Elverson church (Apr '16) Oct '16 Angrygirl 3
Basic Prepaid Phone Plans - Now On Sale! (Apr '16) Apr '16 financewoman 1
News Pennsylvania law targets puppy mills (Oct '08) Feb '16 Deborah5256 320
Vandalism in Elverson 7/2/15 (Jul '15) Jul '15 dogwalker 5
Walmart! (Jun '15) Jun '15 bikerchick 1
Watch out for terry Franklin Wellam aka terry w... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Her oldflame 1

Birdsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Birdsboro Mortgages