Former Birchwood police officer faces...

Former Birchwood police officer faces sexual assault charge

There are 3 comments on the Appleton Post-Crescent story from Oct 10, 2010, titled Former Birchwood police officer faces sexual assault charge. In it, Appleton Post-Crescent reports that:

A former Birchwood police officer has been charged with fourth- degree sexual assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Appleton Post-Crescent.

lil h

United States

#1 Oct 19, 2010
I think this is made up cause how many woman would not call 911 if you told them it was a cop and gave his name i'm sure they would make sure he's not the one on seen. but in the paper she expressed concern of him driving intoxicated what does that mean she probably offered him a ride ? I would not care how he got home!
Citizen

Black River Falls, WI

#2 Oct 19, 2010
This is rural America. He is the olny officer in town at one time. He would ahve to ask for back up before anyother officer would get invovled. It is policy. he would have been the responding officer. Most county officers get fired after oui accidents.
The Watcher

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 27, 2010
I saw Birchwood Police Officer Peter Lyle Weatherhead listed on the police watchdog website copwatch.net . They even have his charging papers posted if a person wants to read them along with a link to the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website, and numerous newspaper and other media news stories.
http://www.copwatch.net/forums/showthread.php...

Court records indicate that Weatherhead filed for divorce in 2006 in sawyer county. In RE the marriage of Denise Marie Weatherhead and Peter Lyle Weatherhead, Sawyer County Case Number 2006FA000079. He plead guilty in 2010 to permitting an unauthorized minor drive, and just paid a fine. State of Wisconsin vs. Peter L. Weatherhead, Washburn County Case Number 2010TR000504.

According to the Sheriff's department incident report, two girls in a car with an adult were returning from a volleyball game in Flambeau when Weatherhead's vehicle, in front of theirs, pulled over. According to the report, Weatherhead went back to their vehicle and asked the two girls to go with him for driving lessons. The incident report said each girl drove a portion of the distance back to Birchwood on Highway 48. They stopped at Ed's Pit Stop in Birchwood, where Weatherhead took over driving. Washburn County Sheriff Terry Dryden interviewed the two girls and parents, and all stories agree on the essential facts, the report said. Sheriff Dryden was going to ticket Weatherhead in order to prevent any conflict of interest, but Weatherhead went ahead and ticketed himself anyway.

The current case, State of Wisconsin vs. Peter L Weatherhead, Barron County Case Number 2010CM000475 can be viewed by going down to the clerk of courts office at the Barron County Courthouse, or you can view the charging papers online at the copwatch.net link. A PDF file is available here of the charging papers, but you have to register with the website in order to download it. Registration is free. http://www.copwatch.net/forums/attachment.php... An OCR'd version of the charging papers is here http://www.copwatch.net/forums/attachment.php...

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsess...
Court records indicate his next court date is on December 15th, 2010 for a plea hearing in from of Judge James D. Babbit. Moreover records indicate that he lives at 13864 W State Road 48, Exeland, WI 54835, which was updated on 10-08-2010.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birchwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches (Apr '11) 10 hr pissed off his out 36
News Barron County Courthouse News--Dec. 6 (Jan '08) Jul 2 charlie 23
News Assaulted teenager (Dec '07) Jun '15 Lori 114
Delete my number (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kaitlyn brimblecom 1
female (Nov '14) Nov '14 Anonymous 1
hi (Sep '14) Sep '14 hiy 1
Carfax Coupon Code 2011 (Apr '11) Sep '14 Karl 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Birchwood Mortgages