Rt 82/Anthony Creek and Birch River PSD

Posted in the Birch-River Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmm

Lerona, WV

#1 Apr 11, 2012
For Birch River residents: Have you questioned the Birch River PSD about how your water bill will be affected if they are allowed to do their own operation and maintenance, rather than continue with Flatwoods Canoe Run and their current contract? Probably something that Birch River residents 'with city water' should find out. Call the PSC in Charleston and be informed before blindly supporting Birch River's PSD attempt to break away from Flatwoods Canoe Run. In addition, if one would read and search, there is a vast amount of information regarding this subject on the PSC website. The case currently before the commission regarding Birch River PSD breaking away from Canoe Run is case number 11-0896-PWD-PC. One can also find this case at

http://www.psc.state.wv.us/scripts/WebDocket/...

My understanding, from discussion with an attorney with the PSC in Charleston, is that Birch River residents will without a doubt and with 100% certsainty, experience a large rate hike if Birch River PSD does their own operation and maintenance. IF I had city water and would be affected by this and IF the Route 82/Anthony Creek project had not been delayed by small town politics and personal interests rather than what is in the best interest of the public, I would call the PSC in Charleston and get informed. Read case # 11-0896-PWD-PC, and then ask yourself if Birch River PSD has been acting in the public's best interest. The Nicholas County Commission, who appoints members of PSDs, will be meeting on Tuesday, April 17. The time slotted for discussion of this topic is set at 1:30pm. Be there and voice your opinion on this case and the continued delay of the Route 82/Anthony Creek Water Extension. Let your voice be heard!!
really

Lerona, WV

#2 Apr 11, 2012
audit the books and see what happens
1 post removed
Informed

Matoaka, WV

#4 Apr 11, 2012
Hasn't the books been audited and it revealed that the current board failed to record anything? ENRON shredded all the documents that incriminated them too... Ha ha ha
1 post removed
fact

Lerona, WV

#6 Apr 12, 2012
Call the public service commission at 1-800-344-5113 ask for dixie kellmeyer.She will tell the true facts about the Birch River psd.
Neutral party

United States

#7 Apr 12, 2012
Doesnt seem like anyone was trying to stir the pot, but rather inform and put out material which is free to view from the PSC. Seems like anyone that would be hurt by this post is someone who is hurt by the truth. I believe the people in Anthony creek and along rt 82 have been trying to get water for about 10ur yrs now. So, they have been doing their part to get water. Deposits have been paid, promises have been broken time and time again. If you dont believe this post, call the psc. I did, just to satisfy my own curiousity. Something shady going on...feel bad for people that cant get water.
Insomniac

United States

#8 Apr 12, 2012
Read the psc's hearing brief...they even say Mike Davis want to be separate for 'many reasons, some personal'. From saturdays meeting, it didnt seem just like one family that was fed IP with being lied to.
Brandy

Lerona, WV

#9 Apr 13, 2012
Complain wrote:
Lies???? Who gets on hear to stir the pot? Thought it was trash but guess not! The Collins bunch lies!! Instead of accusing you bunch of trouble makers!!! Why not educate yourselves!! The Birch River PSD employees/board members have been apart of our community for years! Why would we treat people this way! I know you guys hate each other and fight each other but leave the rest of the community alone! Tired of adults being childish. If you want water work on trying to get water but dont expect it to run freely into your home because others did it for you!! Grow up!!!
The original post was taken from my Facebook page...glad to see people are reading and spreading the word. Stating that the 'Collins bunch lies' is harsh, seeing that all I posted was a hearing brief from the PSC's Staff Attorney, in black and white to read. Are they lying also? At Saturday's public meeting, Mr Davis passed out a paper with state and local officials names and contact info and requested we take action and get involved to make sure the PSDs didn't have to consolidate. I decided to, as you put it,'educate' myself first, then do just as Mr Davis had asked. In doing so, I have had discussions with our local commission who says that our PSD has 'lost their focus', the with the state commission who says that 'small town politics and personal interests' are at play and with Region 4 Planning and Development who say this water project should have been completed a 'long, long time ago'. Are these agencies representatives lying also? I started attending meetings about 10 yrs ago and Libby mentioned this at Saturday's meeting. So, I do want water, I have been and am currently trying to get it and I 'don't expect it to run freely into my home', I plan on paying my water bill, but I hope the rates are reasonable as they are now...the PSC guarantees a rate hike if Birch River breaks away from Canoe Run as the salaries for the people in the PSD and other operating costs will be spread out among the customers of Birch River, current and future. My last words on the subject, as an online, anonymous debate is futile and not worth my time. My next words will be to the County Commissioners on Saturday. God bless and peace out!!
all i want is water

Bluefield, WV

#10 Apr 13, 2012
At the last meeting Mike Davis was caught in several lies and called out on them....Before calling the Collins liars you better clean up your own back porch. The problem is that we did get educated and we should of had water years ago but once the Davis family got water no one else seemed to matter.
Complain

Bluefield, WV

#11 Apr 13, 2012
Ohhhh I see you all are upset cause the money funding was higher and more people live towards widen dille so it only made sense to take water that direction first. Im so glad all the facts are being heard. I am happy that the AML funding that helped widen dille get water felt Mike Davis' family needed water. I appreciate everything Birch River PSD has done. I would like the name(s) of the local commission and state commission who stated your information. And I always love when people bring God into their disputes. I guess it makes you feel more Christian like.
1 post removed
Anthony Creek Resident

Matoaka, WV

#13 Apr 14, 2012
Complain wrote:
Ohhhh I see you all are upset cause the money funding was higher and more people live towards widen dille so it only made sense to take water that direction first. Im so glad all the facts are being heard. I am happy that the AML funding that helped widen dille get water felt Mike Davis' family needed water. I appreciate everything Birch River PSD has done. I would like the name(s) of the local commission and state commission who stated your information. And I always love when people bring God into their disputes. I guess it makes you feel more Christian like.
Dear Complain / A. Davis,
I don't blame you for sticking up for your dad, Mike Davis. You should call keilmyer woman... She has said a lot about your dad that paints him poorly. Why is doing that? Have called her?
Truth

Matoaka, WV

#14 Apr 14, 2012
Mike... I challenge you. Yes Mr. Davis... Prove it!!! Call a meeting and invite all residents to attend and invite keilmyer to attend by phone or in person. If you are telling the truth this would prove it... If you won't it proves you are telling lies and have stolen money...man up. What do say Davis Family???
Called psc

Rupert, WV

#15 Apr 14, 2012
Dixie and canoe run said no paper was ever filed with the psc asking for water on rt 82 so what the heck is going on.I want water! I paid what was ask $50 and have waited 3 years just to hear that nobody has filled out any paperwork for the project
Truth

Matoaka, WV

#16 Apr 15, 2012
Still waiting on you Mike. Call meeting and get the Dixie from the PSC to attend by phone.
On the fence

Matoaka, WV

#17 Apr 15, 2012
Ok. Truth is making since.
The Davis' are honest, but why would the PSC lie to everyone. I think Birch River PSC needs to call a meeting and address these allocations. What would be the harm? I am sure the PSC would attend in person or more likely by phone.

I would attend a meeting and I want to see the minutes from that last meeting and all meeting minutes and records for anything related to Birch River PSC.

How can a resident review the minutes and books????,
a friend

Princeton, WV

#18 Apr 15, 2012
let me know when the meeting is
meeting

Bluefield, WV

#19 Apr 16, 2012
17th at 1:30
Truth

Oakvale, WV

#20 Apr 16, 2012
There is 100% proof about the water for the residence of Birch River. Therefore, it is Public Information and everyone should review it for themselves on @(PSC) Public Service Commission for the State of West Virginia. Black and White does not lie and the truth does not hurt anyone!!

If you have any guts - go read the complete case file yourself and you decide for yourself; "What is going on with the water in Birch River, PSD"

100% TRUTH
hmmm wrote:
For Birch River residents: Have you questioned the Birch River PSD about how your water bill will be affected if they are allowed to do their own operation and maintenance, rather than continue with Flatwoods Canoe Run and their current contract? Probably something that Birch River residents 'with city water' should find out. Call the PSC in Charleston and be informed before blindly supporting Birch River's PSD attempt to break away from Flatwoods Canoe Run. In addition, if one would read and search, there is a vast amount of information regarding this subject on the PSC website. The case currently before the commission regarding Birch River PSD breaking away from Canoe Run is case number 11-0896-PWD-PC. One can also find this case at
http://www.psc.state.wv.us/scripts/WebDocket/...
My understanding, from discussion with an attorney with the PSC in Charleston, is that Birch River residents will without a doubt and with 100% certsainty, experience a large rate hike if Birch River PSD does their own operation and maintenance. IF I had city water and would be affected by this and IF the Route 82/Anthony Creek project had not been delayed by small town politics and personal interests rather than what is in the best interest of the public, I would call the PSC in Charleston and get informed. Read case # 11-0896-PWD-PC, and then ask yourself if Birch River PSD has been acting in the public's best interest. The Nicholas County Commission, who appoints members of PSDs, will be meeting on Tuesday, April 17. The time slotted for discussion of this topic is set at 1:30pm. Be there and voice your opinion on this case and the continued delay of the Route 82/Anthony Creek Water Extension. Let your voice be heard!!
Insomniac

Lerona, WV

#21 Apr 16, 2012
if you still are not sure about whether your water bill will be going up...let's hear from Curtis "Mike" Davis himself. This is taken directly from his letter to Amy Swann at the PSC, asking for her help. Dated April 9, 2012, faxed from Coffman's Insurance and signed by good ol' Mike at the bottom. It is posted on their website. And I quote, "During the process of these hearings and appeals we have been unable to apply for a rate inrease. The burden of legal fees, accountant fees costs of securing and compiling data for documentation continues and we've had to use money from our debt reserve account to
meet other financial obliigations. If we have to wait another 6-8 months before this issue is
resolved, Birch River PSD will be insolvent". Thanks Mike for clearing it up.

Cut and paste into browser and read

http://www.psc.state.wv.us/scripts/WebDocket/... 'WebDocket'
WOW

Oakvale, WV

#22 Apr 20, 2012
Wow, "Is this man Curtis "Mike Davis" in trouble yet? It sounds like he "himself will have alot of legal fees, after the PSC gets done with him.
FYI

Oakvale, WV

#23 Apr 20, 2012
Yes, its a blessing when PSD bring water to rural areas. But there is a problem at the Birch River PSC, because Curtis "Mike Davis" using a public office as a Personal Gain for him and his personal family. You must understand law and ethics. Maybe, more people in Birch River and Wilson Ridge would have got their water sooner, if the chairman of this District did not break away from Flatwoods Canoe Run and start a business without APPROVAL from the STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Birch-River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Brown Weyerhaeuser outed you 1 hr TEACHER 9
Leave Michelle and Steve Brown alone 2 hr Jose 4
school board catches fake ged's 2 hr wow 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Miss priiss 4,090
Tell Steve Brown this 6 hr Mathew 35
Why is a poor innocent lady always to blame. 23 hr Good grief 2
really Apr 19 craigsville 1

Birch-River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance