First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Words are words are words.”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

#31 Apr 4, 2013
For those that don't know it... over here in the Elmira area we just did a re-organization of our own... and have gone through some of the issues e.g. sport teams...

In some instances it has been a good thing... teams from schools barely making roster now have enough student interested ( since schools etc. have combined ) that it is no longer an issue...

The flip side is that some sports e.g. baseball and football now have too many kids that want to play them... so some are left to sit out... and while I can understand the desire to have a winning team - sports in schools are supposed to be about learning to work together... win or lose... you know - sportsmanship and things of that nature...

The solution here has been - at least for things like baseball - is that some of the little league associations have stepped up to bat... where there used to be a stickball, minors and majors i.e. running from the youngest up to about 12 years of age... there is now a new "senior" ( lol ) league and teams running from the low end up to 16 years old... so that the kids that might not have made the cut on the HS teams still have a chance to play and learn...

The point I am trying to make...

I'm not against consolidations and reorganizations... but if and when it is done then the communities have to step forward and fill the gaps that are left as a result... that is to say you have to convince the communities that it is a good idea... enough that they're willing to spend their own times ( and money ) to fill any gaps that result...

Just my humble opinion...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware bcv users, owner exposing screen names 23 min Tom Liebous 34
Fiala: - I'm not a quitter' 50 min conklincolt 5
Vestal PD ticket DMV commissioner for speeding 1 hr Jake 2
Breaking Fiala Speeding Ticket Confirmed 9 hr Notary public 12
Sopchak Back Taxes 10 hr Sopchak 4
Bed Bugs at the Binghamton Housing Authority Do... 10 hr Bed Bugs 3
Rick Miller 11 hr Fire BOTH Fialas 3
Binghamton Dating
Find my Match

Binghamton Jobs