Favorite Chistmas dishes / recipes
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#42 Dec 11, 2012
Michael wrote:
Anyone have ideas for Christmas party recipes / food...
Thinking of throwing one for the neighbors this year and I normally do outdoor stuff during the summer... so kind of at a loss for "party" food when we'll all be trapped indoors...
Oh and I can't / don't want to just do chips and dip... because we've got a huge range of ages i.e. all the way up to two different neighbors coming in at 92 and 93 years old...
Ideas appreciated !
Hickory smoked cheese cut in cubes, custard or rice pudding, peanut butter cookies with the candy kiss in the middle, macaroni and cheese, or shredded tender BBQ sandwiches on a soft hard roll, and give them a candycane and an orange before they leave to go home.
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#43 Dec 11, 2012
dont use box mac and cheese, use ex sharp cheese with a thick layer of bread crubs on top, older people also like baked potatoes with sour cream and chives and real butter.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#44 Dec 11, 2012
Yeah I do my own mac & cheese when I make it... none of that box stuff...

I'm thinking if I do it that I might just have an open house type thing... a table of food and drink ( thinking beer, eggnog plaing and spiked and maybe punch ?)... and invites saying something like anytime from 6 pm or whenever onward...

On second thought and knowing some of my friends... I better include a "closing time" too... or I'll have some nincompoop banging on my door at 2 am in the morning wanting to know where the party is... lol
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#45 Dec 11, 2012
never forget a closing time, and if you can't get everybody to leave at a decent time...set off the carbon monoxide detector, leave the door open and say i know what to do and go home.
LOLz

Buffalo, NY

#46 Dec 12, 2012
Suggestions for snacks/appetizers:

fruit trays w/chocolate, caramel, marshmallow & yogurt dips

cheese, meat & cracker platter

veggie trays w/dressings/dips

Cocktail weinies w/bbq sauce

meatballs

rye bread bowl filled w/creamy chipped beef dip or spinach dip

Use a cupcake pan and make mini- fruit/cream pies.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#47 Dec 12, 2012
I have been talking to the neighbors... and it looks like folks are up for it / a Christmas party / open house type thing... and I've had some friends that aren't neighbors ask about coming - so they're getting invites also...

Assuming it's on - and it would be on the 22nd towards the evening... would any of the sane folks on this site be interested in an invite / stopping by if you happen to be in or around the Elmira area on that date ?

That probably sounds a bit odd... but since I am inviting other friends to stop by... and since back in the day before the Internet was "public"... I and others used to do things like this i.e. have parties / meet the person behind the handle / id type things... I was thinking - why not ask...

I do understand most of you aren't close enough to make it... especially that close to the holidays... but I figure I would toss it out there...

Also...

If anyone can make it / wants to come but you're worried about one of the less savory folks from this site showing up... it won't be a problem... as I've law enforcement right across the street i.e. incoming neighbor is an officer in the Elmira PD... his brother in law is a Sheriff's Deputy... another is the Chief of Police's nephew... and so on... lol !
Karia

Endicott, NY

#48 Dec 12, 2012
More drama from a phony baloney. Call out the national guard. Maybe bring in a tank.

You are a turd who failed toilet training class.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#49 Dec 12, 2012
Karia wrote:
More drama from a phony baloney. Call out the national guard. Maybe bring in a tank.
You are a turd who failed toilet training class.
......There he goes again.

Lol !!!
Alphonse

Endicott, NY

#50 Dec 12, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......There he goes again.
Lol !!!

If you are laughing out loud, then all your claims about "feeling threatened" are moot.
Why do you spend all day trolling the internet?
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#51 Dec 12, 2012
I almost forgot...

As an added incentive... if anyone has friends / relatives that are too far away to visit... I do ( d'uh ) have the house networked and a number of computers... that includes ( possible plus ?) a pair with video cameras on them...

They will be set up and available for video ( Skype and other popular programs ) if anyone wants to use them to say hi to folks they know during the party...

Yeah - it's another "tradition" of sorts... though the big shin-dig for geeking out / doing the video stuff... is usually the New Year's eve parties...

:-)
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#52 Dec 12, 2012
Alphonse wrote:
<quoted text>.
If you are laughing out loud, then all your claims about "feeling threatened" are moot.
You mean that you're saying you are the individual that posted the violent and threatening comments on this site aimed at myself and other users... and your post is an admission that you are jumping from one id to the next to make those disgusting posts...

Thansk for the heads up...

After all... if I knew I was dealing with such a pscyhologically disturbed and potentially criminal individual... I probably wouldn't have laughed... at least not until I found out your butt was firmly planted in a jail cell...

Have a pleasant day !
LOLz

Buffalo, NY

#53 Dec 12, 2012
Alphonse wrote:
<quoted text>.
Why do YOU spend all day trolling the internet, Kerri? Why do you make up ludicrous stories and start insane threads?
Alphonse

Endicott, NY

#54 Dec 12, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that you're saying you are the individual that posted the violent and threatening comments on this site aimed at myself and other users... and your post is an admission that you are jumping from one id to the next to make those disgusting posts...
Thansk for the heads up...
After all... if I knew I was dealing with such a pscyhologically disturbed and potentially criminal individual... I probably wouldn't have laughed... at least not until I found out your butt was firmly planted in a jail cell...
Have a pleasant day !

You ate outrageous in your allegations. There are no threats to you or anyone else on this board. The only person who spoke of violence was you. Again, you go to defaming the medically ill. You are an absolute disgrace. You are not qualified to make mental health assessments. Jail? For what crime? A fantasy internet board? Do you think the SNL news skits or the Cobert Report are real?

Evidence please before you make false allegations. You can shut off your computer, but you too continue to post. Now get on your toilet seat and practice your potty training.
LOLz

Buffalo, NY

#55 Dec 12, 2012
Kerri (Alphonse) you really are obsessed with Michael's toilet habits. Do you want to let us all know why? We are curious. Is it because you still pee the bed and your mommy has to change your sheets every day?
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#56 Dec 12, 2012
Alphonse wrote:
<quoted text>.
I'm actually ( finally ) done working for the day... doing my own thing right now with some computer / laptop repair on the side... but its all wrapped up now so I figured I would spend a few minutes giving a more in depth reply...

My original response to this nonsense of yours was a bit of a snarky answer... but let's get real and let me explain things to you in depth...

Let's start off by talking about danger... a danger is the possibility of suffering harm or injury -or- a person ( or thing ) that is likely to cause harm or injury... simple definitions and something that even a moron could understand...

Considering that word...

I see you as a fitting subject for the latter definition... my rationale being that you have already created threads and made comments concerning things such as your fantasies about physically harming other users... not the least of which was your now deleted though no less disgusting thread / fantasies about castrating other people...

At that point one could consider you little more than a troll... the epitome of the "Internet Bully" meme... that is - except for the fact that you stated you thought threatening other people were ok... and when the other users of this site disagreed... you spent countless hours creating alternate ids / personalities to agree with you on this site... and tried to claim threatening others was "free speech" and similar tripe...

The end result is that taken all together... the other people of this site have no choice but to consider you a person fixated on committing violent acts onto others... a person that has done their best to create a false reality where their fantasies / threats are - in their mind - normal and acceptable behavior...

That sir... in the view of civilized and moral society... makes you a danger... to those around you... those you fixate on as you've done here... and in the end equation - to yourself...

Now that we are clear on what a danger is... and you should now understand why the other users on this site consider you one... as it really is a fundamental concept that even the dullest / twisted mind could grasp...

Let's talk now about fear... it is the emotion, that according to your own posts, you are trying to evoke in other users to facilitate your own sense of self gratification and worth...

The truth is though, while a danger such as yourself imho is real, fear is a choice... a choice to either allow a danger to dictate one's life and enjoyment of it, and family, and friends... but one can choose something other than fear... one can choose to stand up to the monstrosity and tell it - you're a danger... but you don't scare us... and as much as you may try... we'll never fear you...

With that in mind... again - I have one thing to say to you and your disgusting behavior on this site...

LOL !!!

Sweet dreams.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#57 Dec 12, 2012
This is my sad face...

:-(

Two of the four folks I know on here already emailed and said they were busy next Saturday...

All I can say... you're probably going to miss a good party... but I'll post pics or something...

:-)

In all seriousness to the other sane folks here...

The invite was real... I'm trying to bring back something that used to be a bit of a nieghborhood tradition a couple of decades ago... with the worse case is you'll end up hanging out with myself, neighbors and friends... food... drink... possibly be forced to single Happy Birthday to myself and the littlest one...

Fun times for all..?
LOLz

Buffalo, NY

#58 Dec 13, 2012
Par-tay at Michaels house everyone!!

Seriously, though. Thanks for the invite but I can't make it.:)

Can you believe I've never been to Elmira before?
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#59 Dec 13, 2012
I can believe it...

After all, Elmira is a smallish town and there really isn't that much that happens here - especially during the colder months - that would be a draw for people in other towns...

There are a few things though during the summer months that are fun... including our river race thing... along with a number of small festivals... which maybe not worth driving 45 minutes / an hour each way to attend... might be something to look into if you just happen to be in the area when one of them are going on...

Speaking of events and one thing I just noticed... it doesn't look like the Topix site has an event list for the different local areas... maybe that would be something good to create in the forum section... a running thread where folks can post upcoming event... adding to each prior post ( and rolling off items that have already passed )...

?
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#60 Dec 13, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually ( finally ) done working for the day... doing my own thing right now with some computer / laptop repair on the side... but its all wrapped up now so I figured I would spend a few minutes giving a more in depth reply...
My original response to this nonsense of yours was a bit of a snarky answer... but let's get real and let me explain things to you in depth...
Let's start off by talking about danger... a danger is the possibility of suffering harm or injury -or- a person ( or thing ) that is likely to cause harm or injury... simple definitions and something that even a moron could understand...
Considering that word...
I see you as a fitting subject for the latter definition... my rationale being that you have already created threads and made comments concerning things such as your fantasies about physically harming other users... not the least of which was your now deleted though no less disgusting thread / fantasies about castrating other people...
At that point one could consider you little more than a troll... the epitome of the "Internet Bully" meme... that is - except for the fact that you stated you thought threatening other people were ok... and when the other users of this site disagreed... you spent countless hours creating alternate ids / personalities to agree with you on this site... and tried to claim threatening others was "free speech" and similar tripe...
The end result is that taken all together... the other people of this site have no choice but to consider you a person fixated on committing violent acts onto others... a person that has done their best to create a false reality where their fantasies / threats are - in their mind - normal and acceptable behavior...
That sir... in the view of civilized and moral society... makes you a danger... to those around you... those you fixate on as you've done here... and in the end equation - to yourself...
Now that we are clear on what a danger is... and you should now understand why the other users on this site consider you one... as it really is a fundamental concept that even the dullest / twisted mind could grasp...
Let's talk now about fear... it is the emotion, that according to your own posts, you are trying to evoke in other users to facilitate your own sense of self gratification and worth...
The truth is though, while a danger such as yourself imho is real, fear is a choice... a choice to either allow a danger to dictate one's life and enjoyment of it, and family, and friends... but one can choose something other than fear... one can choose to stand up to the monstrosity and tell it - you're a danger... but you don't scare us... and as much as you may try... we'll never fear you...
With that in mind... again - I have one thing to say to you and your disgusting behavior on this site...
LOL !!!
Sweet dreams.
Maybe you can help me, we had a thunder storm this past summer and it burned up my power supply, how can i prevent this from happening again? even though i have a battery backup powerserge protector it did nothing to protect, went to bestbuy and all they had in stock was an expensive black widow but i bought it anyway.
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#62 Dec 13, 2012
I have a cyber power 685avr, I have a multi meter and did all the checking from top to bottom but i should install another outside ground rod and maybe go deeper, the service box is all up to code, my conern is that my 100 amp box is maxed out after installing a hottub and the light do dimmer at times when i turn on high powered equipment, i might have to go to a 200 amp service with the extra grounding rods, thank for your help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Happened to 7 hr Timmy 1
How many BPD employees feel the same way 7 hr The Thinker 14
Rita Connerton should raise her daughters (Oct '11) 10 hr BroomeCounty 10
News Ray Guilty of 3rd Degree Rape (Oct '07) 11 hr Ray 16
Richard Balles BcVoice endorsement Sun Bergman 6
BC Cabs shut down? Sep 12 Rachels designate... 8
Turn the d amn heat in Binghamton Housing Autho... Sep 8 Ralphyboy 7

Binghamton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance